Chapter 42

Amnesia

"Congratulations!" Kai's loud voice echoed through the whole flat and being shocked, the latter standing by the door shut it loudly before another pop was heard and confetti flew everywhere.

"Come on man, I said when I shout. Not when he's already.. urgh." Kai groaned as he face-palmed. Glancing at the person who popped the confetti late with an impassive face, Kai can only shake his head.

"What's with the two of you?" The person on the door asked in confusion. "Firstly, what's the occasion Kai? And secondly why are you already in sleepwear Chanyeol? I thought you're gonna do a graveyard shift at work tonight?" Baekhyun asked while eyeing the two questioningly back and forth.

Yes, the two.

Two years ago it was only Kai and Baekhyun that was living there after they had decided to move out of their own homes and try to live independently but after a year, they took Chanyeol in upon knowing that the latter had been looking for a place to go to other than his abusive father's house and because of Baekhyun, Chanyeol had managed to obtain a job.

"Firstly, Byun Baekhyun, we heard that you got promoted and secondly, it was me that asked Chanyeol not to go to work so we could celebrate." Kai explained and Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who's now nodding his head in agreement.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun can only heave out a sigh as he walked towards the kitchen with Kai following him as Chanyeol, on the other hand, decided to go back to his room. "Who told you that I got promoted?" Baekhyun asked while opening the fridge door to get a bottle of water. "We work together, remember? Everyone's talking about it." Kai said while looking at Baekhyun who's opening the bottle cap before sipping his drink.

"News sure travels fast." Baekhyun muttered as he put the cap on the bottle and back on the fridge.

"So?" Kai asked.

"So?" Baekhyun asked back.

"What are you planning to do now?" Kai asked while bouncing his brows up and down suggestively and Baekhyun can only snicker.

"I'll get my pay tomorrow. See you at the usual hangout place." Baekhyun said before walking past Kai and he heard the latter chuckle.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun entered his own room but as soon as he did, the heaviness and loneliness inside his heart began to grow again.

It has been two years, but instead of getting his heart healed, it seemed like the pain grew worse. He kept blaming himself for Taeyeon's departure and he kept blaming himself for being not enough for her to stay and as each day passes, his heart and mind grew accustomed to the thought of him being meant to be alone for life.

Also, his heart grew accustomed to the thought that maybe, Taeyeon never really loved him as much as he loves her. And after that day two years ago, he lost everything. Including both of his parents' perfect relationship with him.

Unlike before, they had stayed out of his business and never dared to ask him anything. And unlike before, the warmth from them gradually lessened as the memory and questions about that day two years ago got buried deep at the back of their minds.

It was haunting him, yet he didn't do anything to mend that broken relationship. Heaving out a sigh, Baekhyun dropped himself on the bed with his arms over his head and his eyes focused on the ceiling. Soon enough, his eyelid grew heavy and the world was shut down away from him.

 

 

"Umma, appa. I'm home." Baekhyun announced as soon as he entered the front door of the house. Looking around, Baekhyun saw no signs of his parents being there.

Removing his shoes, Baekhyun walked into the kitchen and towards the back door only to see his parents both sitting at the table set at the backyard garden. Pushing the screen door open, Baekhyun managed to gain both of his parents' attention.

"Baekhyun-ah." His mother said with longingness as she stood up and ran to him to give her son a tight welcoming hug. Hugging his mother back, Baekhyun gently patted her back as he lef her hug him.

"I'm glad you're home." Baekhyun heard his father's voice as soon as he pulled away from his mother's hug. "Appa." He called before engulfing the old man into a tight hug. "This boy." He heard his father's voice.

"Appa, I'm a man now." Baekhyun defended and the old man chuckled. "Don't remind me. You're still our little boy." Baekhyun's father said as he ruffled his son's hair.

"Your father's right, you'll always be our little boy." Baekhyun's mother agreed and Baekhyun can only chuckle. "Whatever, umma. I'm a man already." He argued and both of his parents laughed.

"We're so glad you're back." Baekhyun's mother said as she cupped Baekhyun's cheeks, her teary eyes didn't go unnoticed to the latter.

"I'm sorry, umma. I didn't have the time to visit you." Baekhyun apologized and his mother shook her head as she continued to hold her son's face with her thumb caressing his cheeks.

"It doesn't matter, you're back now." His mother said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Let's go inside, your mother made cookies earlier." Baekhyun's father stated as he went inside the house first.

Hearing this, Baekhyun's eyes lit up in anticipation. "Really, umma?" Baekhyun asked with excitement and his mother nodded her head. "Let's go inside." His mother stated and Baekhyun nodded his head as he held his mother's hand and led her inside the house.

 

 

"Umma, this is good. Can I pack some and bring it back to my apartment? I want to share it to Kai and Chanyeol." Baekhyun said and his mother smiled as she nodded her head. "Sure thing, tell them to come with you here next time, alright?" Baekhyun's mother said and Baekhyun nodded his head, about to respond Baekhyun stopped midway when he saw his father entering the kitchen with a familiar person standing behind him.

Frozen in place, Baekhyun can't help but to stare at the person standing in front of him.

"Junsu!" His mother called as she ran to hug the person standing a few steps away from him.

"Hyung."

That was the only thing he managed to say. ___________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm very sorry for not updating any sooner. I have been really busy that I can't even get a normal sleep T.T

I'm sorry for being irresponsible but I'll try to do my very best.

Anyways, thank you for being patient with me. I understand if you hate me now TT.TT

Again, thank you for reading.