Chapter 14

Amnesia

“If you’re thinking that you’ll bump into her today, you won’t. So better get up from your bed and go to school before your parents suspects anything.”

Kai said as he watched his friend still lying on his bed with an unreadable expression on his face. Heaving out a sigh, Kai walked towards Baekhyun’s study table and took a seat on it. “Why are you here anyways?” Baekhyun asked, he didn’t sound annoyed or irritated though and it relieved Kai. 

“To drag you to school, would you want your parents to know what had happened?” Kai asked cautiously afraid that Baekhyun’s parents might hear their conversation. “They will know sooner or later anyway, I’m actually wondering why the school haven’t called them yet.” Baekhyun said nonchalantly like what he did is nothing and that he doesn’t care about what his parents might think of him. 

“Why are you being like this?” Kai asked. “Is it because of what had happened yesterday?” He added. 

“A lot of things happened yesterday. I don’t know which one.” Baekhyun answered flatly. “What about that moment when Taeyeon noona accidentally heard you and found out about what you really towards her and instead of explaining, you walked away.” Kai paused while looking at his friend. “That’s really a huge turn off, you know. You could have just ask her to let you explain instead of walking away. That’s not so nice.” Kai said with a frown and Baekhyun scoffed. 

“Like she will do anything about it, have you seen her face?” Baekhyun asked with a frown, his brows furrowed. “It was like her eyes are telling me to stay away from her.” Baekhyun continued. “And it’s better that way, saves me from a heart break.” Baekhyun finished and even when he knew that the last words on his statement was a lie, it was better that way. 

Taeyeon won’t like him back, at least that’s what he thought. 

“For a top student you’re so, sorry to say, dumb.” Kai said and Baekhyun sat up and looked at him questioningly. “What?” He asked not catching what his friend meant. “Nothing.” Kai said as he shook his head disapprovingly while looking at Baekhyun. 

“You better get ready or else we’ll be late. Taeyeon noona won’t be there, the president gave her a few days to rest.” Kai said and Baekhyun instantly remembered Taeyeon’s condition and felt worried for the latter instantly. 

“Did they get her knees checked?” Baekhyun asked out of the blue and Kai snickered. “For someone who walked out on her like nothing happened, you sure do care.” Kai said teasingly and Baekhyun frowned before shaking his head and walking toward his closet. 

“Whatever.” Baekhyun answered. “It’s my fault that’s why she’s in the state, the least I can do is check.” He answered as he grabbed his uniform from his closet. 

“Yeah, right.” Kai answered not wanting to pick an argument with his friend. 

 


“Damn, Kai I thought you said she won’t be here!” Baekhyun hissed when he saw Taeyeon walking ahead of them inside the school compound, they just entered the gates when Baekhyun saw Taeyeon walking towards the school building, a few meters away from them. 

“I didn’t! The president said she can take of a few days rest. Why are you cursing anyways?!” Kai asked in annoyance, finding it unusual for Baekhyun to say such words. “Will and can are different words. Urgh, I hate you.” Baekhyun said and instead and arguing with his friend, Kai burst out laughing making some of the students entering the gates and the ones that are walking ahead of them look back at them with confused look on their faces and it included Taeyeon. 

“Shi--” 

Kai clamped his hand over his friend’s mouth before another curse escaped Baekhyun’s mouth. “Language dude.” Kai said and Baekhyun grabbed Kai’s hand and yanked it away angrily. Glancing at Taeyeon, Baekhyun saw the latter looking at him and accidentally, their gazes met. 

Not knowing what to do, Baekhyun frowned at her before walking away. 

Taeyeon on the other hand can only sigh. 

“Taeyeon noona, good morning.” Kai greeted as soon as he managed to approach Taeyeon but the latter was pretty occupied looking at the way Baekhyun went to. “Taeyeon noona?” Kai called and Taeyeon immediately turned her head to look at Kai and forced a weak smile. “Hey Kai.” Taeyeon greeted trying to sound as cheerful as she can but failed when her voice cracked. 

“Taeyeon noona, are you.. alright?” Kai asked worriedly. “I-I’m fine.” Taeyeon faked a smile but Kai knew better. “Noona, I know you’re hurt with what my friend is doing to you but I assure you, he’s not really a bad guy. He’s just stressed.” Kai said and Taeyeon smiled a little seeing how Kai tries to cover up for his friend even when he, himself suffers from Baekhyun’s new attitude. 

“It’s alright, I just wish he’ll talk it out with me instead of avoiding me like this.” Taeyeon said. “I felt like he’s avoiding me because of what had happened yesterday, he got his hands dirtied because of me.” Taeyeon said referring to the incident that had happened with Chanyeol yesterday. 

“Noona..” Kai trailed feeling pity towards the latter. 

“And I felt like a bad person knowing that he’s avoiding me because I found out what he feels towards me. It feels like he doesn’t want me to know because I only cause trouble to him.” Taeyeon said with a frown as she looked down and Kai sighed. 

“Noona, it’s not like that. He’s just too dense to see how nice you are to him, he should be glad that you’re not any other woman that walks away when they find out that a certain someone likes them. Don’t worry, he’ll come back to his senses soon.” Kai said assuring Taeyeon. 

“I just want us to be friends again.” Taeyeon said with a small, bitter smile. 

“Noona, can I ask you something?” Kai asked and Taeyeon lifted her head and nodded her head. 

“Sure.” She answered. 

“Do you like Baekhyun?” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~!