Chapter 31

Amnesia

“So, what did the school faculty made you do?” Baekhyun asked as he took a seat in front of Taeyeon. They had just arrived at the cafe they usually have dinner, and upon hearing her boyfriend's question, Taeyeon sighed. “They asked us to stack some school files into an old storage room. You know that I don't go along with dust so I think you know what happened next.” Taeyeon said tiredly and Baekhyun sighed as he looked at her worriedly.

“Maybe you should skip tomorrow. Tell them that you're not feeling well since you're allergic to dust.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon shook her head. “No, that can't do.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows. “Why?” He asked.

“It's alright, I'll be fine tomorrow morning.” Taeyeon dismissed his question. “Are you sure?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Yes.” She said. “Should we order dinner now?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head, about to call for someone to take their orders, Baekhyun's eyes widened when he saw his parents outside, about to enter the cafe.

“What's wrong?” Taeyeon asked and looked back only to raise her brows. “They can't see us yet. Let's go.” Baekhyun said and before Taeyeon could even speak, Baekhyun dragged her to the exit behind the cafe went back front again to ride the pick up truck.

“That was close.” Baekhyun said as he started the engine and looked beside him only to see Taeyeon looking outside the window with an expressionless face. He thought, maybe Taeyeon was disappointed that they weren't able to have their supposed-to-be dinner date. But unbeknownst to him, Taeyeon felt rather disappointed that they have to hide their relationship.

She understands him, at least that's what she thought but earlier, when Baekhyun dragged her out of the cafe in fear that his parents might see him, Taeyeon felt like he's not ready to stand up for them yet.

“Are you alright? We can go grab dinner somewhere el-”

“Just take me home.” Taeyeon said cutting him off, her eyes still glued on the window. “But--”

“Just take me home.” Taeyeon said, her voice firmer this time and Baekhyun can't do anything but to sigh and drive her back and on the way back, he knew.

He never heard silence that loud.

 


“Good morning!” Kai greeted happily as soon as he saw Baekhyun enter the school building but upon seeing his friend's frown, Kai's smile dropped. “Is something wrong?” Kai asked as he walked beside Baekhyun and the latter could only sigh.

“Nothing.” Baekhyun answered and Kai nodded his head. “Taeyeon noona?” Kai asked and Baekhhyun stopped walking as he face his friend.
“Mind your own business.” He harshly said and Kai can only sigh, being stubborn, Kai walked beside his friend and shake his head.

“By the way, I didn't see Taeyeon noona in today.” Kai said and Baekhyun sighed, as much as he wanted to shout at the latter and tell him to go away, he knew Kai well enough. “Did you two fought?” Kai asked worriedly and Baekhyun shook his head. “We actually haven't talked since last night.” Baekhyun said and Kai raised his brows. “I thought you two were on a date?”Kai asked and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“Yeah, but my parents came and we have to sneak out. Right after that, she didn't talk to me anymore.” Baekhyun explained and Kai sighed. “Maybe she was disappointed that you have to end your date quickly.” Kai said and Baekhyun shrugged. “Or maybe, she's disappointed that you two have to run away like that because of your parents.” Kai said and Baekhyun scoffed.

“She told me she understand. What's the difference now?” Baekhyun asked. “Let me see, you two have been careful. But don't you think Taeyeon noona realized it now because it actually happened? Come on, you can't just ignore that. She probably realized the difference now because you two had to run away unlike before you can date anywhere 'freely'. You got my point?” Kai asked and Baekhyun ruffled his hair with both of his hands.

“This is killing me.” He said and Kai sighed.

“My advice, don't let Taeyeon noona be like that. She probably feels like you're not standing up for what you have with her.” Kai said and Baekhyun groaned. “But I already toldher that we'll tell my parents--”

“She's still a girl, Baekhyun and every girl wants her man to fight for her.” Kai said trying to knock some sense onto his friend and luckily it did.

“Okay, I will.”

And that led him to stand in front of Taeyeon's apartment door right after school. About to knock, Baekhyun stopped when the door beside Taeyeon's opened. “Oh, young man. Looking for Taeyeon-ssi?” The old lady asked and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“Yes, have you seen her?” She politely asked and the old lady nodded her head. “I was actually with her when she went down the lobby an hour ago. We actually rode the lift together and when she came out, I saw her approach a man around her age.” The old lady said and Baekhyun furrowed her brows.

“Yes, a man.” The old lady said and Baekhyun frowned. “Do you, by chance see the man around here?” Baekhyun asked and the old lady frowned and as she shook her head. “No, I actually saw him for the first time here.” The old lady said and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“It's the first time you saw him?” He asked, more like to himself and the old lady nodded. “Since that young woman moved here, I never saw her with anybody. Until I saw you with her, you're the only one I notice who comes here often but earlier, I saw that man.” The old lady said. “Can you.. describe the man, please?” Baekhyun asked hoping it was someone he knew.

“He's looks like an average guy to me, a bit taller than Taeyeon.” The old lady said. “Does he look like a student?” He asked and the old lady shook his head.
“He looks like a bachelor to me, and I must say he pretty looks good in a suit.” The old lady said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. “I can say they're pretty close too.” She added.

“Pretty close?” Baekhyun asked and the old lady nodded her head.

“They actually looked good together especially when Taeyeon hugged him.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *dies* guess who the man is~