Chapter 41

Amnesia

"Baekhyun-ah! What happened?!" Baekhyun's mother asked worriedly as soon as she saw her son being carried by Kai and Chanyeol in front of their porch.

"What happened to him?" Baekhyun's mother asked as she opened the door wider and ushered the two to carry Baekhyun towards the couch.

"He's drunk aunt, and started some fight." Kai answered as Baekhyun's mother turned to Chanyeol wanting to know who he is. "Who are you, young man?" She asked and Chanyeol unwrapped Baekhyun's arm over his shoulder as he stood up and gave the woman a bow. "I'm Park Chanyeol." He answered and the woman's eyes widened, she recognized his name.

Seemingly reading her mind, Kai unwrapped Baekhyun's other arm around him and stood up. "He didn't do anything, aunt. As a matter of fact, it was Chanyeol that saved him." Kai explained and the woman seemed to have sighed in relief before turning to her son who's now lying on the couch with dirty clothes and his face barely recognizable due to his swollen right eye, bruised cheeks and wounded lips, adding to that is the blood running down his face from the cut above his eyebrows.

"What's wrong with him? Did you know? Did he tell you anything?" Baekhyun's mother bombarded the two witg quetions and the two shook their heads knowing that Baekhyun's mother doesn't know anything yet. Also, they don't want to meddle with it.

Hearing his wife's voice, Baekhyun's father went downstairs and saw his son lying flat on the couch. "What happened?!" His father asked in surprise as he ran to his son and observed Baekhyun's face.

"He got drunk and started some fight, uncle." It was Kai that answered and Baekhyun's father sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose wanting to control the building temper inside of him.

"Did he tell you anything about his problems currently?" Baekhyun's father asked and Kai shook his head before glancing at Chanyeol. "We can take it from here. You two should go home, thank you." Baekhyun's father said with a tired voice and the two nodded their heads before saying their goodbyes and leaving.

The next day.. Baekhyun ended up in front of Taeyeon's door, he kept knocking but no one answered. Until the door next to Taeyeon's flat opened.

"Are you looking for Taeyeon?" The woman asked, he can still remember her. It was the same woman that talked to him back when he was looking for Taeyeon and now, it felt like a dèjavu.

"Y-Yes." He answered, not failing to notice the look the woman was giving. Why wouldn't she when Baekhyun's face was covered with bruises and scratches. Even his right eye can barely open upon swelling.

Lucky enough, the guard on the lobby recognized and let him in and lucky enough his father had enough compassion to him that he didn't gave Baekhyun a piece of his mind nor a bit of a scolding.

He got nothing.

Not even a single question from them.

"Too bad, Taeyeon just left. She came here very early and took the remaining things she left last night." The woman said and baekhyun felt his heart drop. "Will she.. come back later?" Baekhyun asked and the woman gave him an apologetic smile before shaking her head.

"I asked her earlier if she's going to come back but she said no. I'm sorry." The woman said before walking past him and entering the lift. Baekhyun on the other hand remained frozen on his place, it seems to him that Taeyeon doesn't even want to give him a proper goodbye.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun was about to leave when he heard his phone ringing. Fishing it out of his pocket, Baekhyun looked at the screen and raised his brows when he saw his mother's name flashing under the message she sent.

Not bothering to open it, Baekhyun decided to come home and find out what's wrong.

"I'm glad you're home." Baekhyun's mother said as she stood up from the couch with a white paper in her hands.

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked before turning his attention to his father who seemed to be in stress. "Your brother." His father started and Baekhyun felt his breath hitch, it doesn'r sound good to him.

"What's with him?" Baekhyun asked.

"He sent us a letter." His mother stated.

"And?" He asked.

"He said that he won't be communicating with us in the meantime." His mother said while looking at the letter Junsu sent, the tear b around her eyes didn't go unnoticed to Baekhyun.

"Why did he say so?" Baekhyun questioned. "He said he failed something in school and that he owed someone money and it turns out that, that person's a thug. He said he doesn't want us to be involved that's why he's cutting connections." His father explained and Baekhyun clenched his fists.

He doesn't know what to feel.

"He's lying." He said before stomping his way upstairs to open his laptop, searching Junsu's name on his account, Baekhyun found nothing.

"He's supposed to be sent home for failing since he got there by scholarship but he said he applied for work and is accepted so he's going to spend the money he earned to continue going to school there." Baekhyun heard his father's voice from behind him making clench his fist again.

He felt worry and anger towards his brother.

Worry since he might be in danger and anger for his brother being irresponsible. Breaking himself out of his train of thoughts, Baekhyun turned to his father as he heard him say:

"I don't know why my two sons had ended up this way." And he felt his heart clench.

 

 

 

Two years later...

The sound of plane engines can be heard everywhere as the flight calls resonates throughout the place. One person standing near the airport doors looked around and smiled as she thought:

'Welcome home.'