Chapter 29

Amnesia

“Ah, so that's what you're planning huh?” Taeyeon asked as she lightly pushed him away only to grab him back when a few people walked in between them. Seeing this, Baekhyun smiled and shook his head as he chuckled making Taeyeon glare at him. 

“What are we doing here anyways?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shrugged his shoulder. “It's the second thing I've thought of when I planned about spending the night at the beach. We can even get couple items here.” He said excitedly with a grin making Taeyeon smile only to realize that they need to hide their relationship. 

Not only because of Baekhyun's parents but because she's an intern at school, person who's supposed to be a partial member of the faculty and if the school finds out, Baekhyun would be taken away from her before she can even scream 'No!'.

“Hey? Is something wrong?” Baekhyun asked, noticing the faint frown on the latter's face. Hearing his voice, Taeyeon snap back to reality and shook her head. “No, there's nothing wrong. It's just too hot and crowded.” She lied, not because she wanted to hide it but because she doesn't want to ruin their date. Especially the atmosphere between them but unbeknownst to her, the latter already knew what made her like that. 

“Is that so? Let's go then.” 

 


“So, how was the weekend date?” Kai asked as soon as he managed to get the seat beside his friend at the school cafeteria. Immediately looking around, Baekhyun landed a hit at the back of Kai's head and glared at him. 

“You and your loud mouth.” He said before focusing back on his book again spite of the loud noise the students are making. “So.” Kai started rubbing the spot where Baekhyun hit, this time his voice softer.  “How was the date?” He asked and Baekhyun turned his head to look at his friend with a smile on his face. “It was great. Now, shoo.” Baekhyun said pushing Kai away making the latter mutter incoherent words. Baekhyun ignored him.

“Oh good heavens.” Baekhyun heard Kai said after a brief silence. Lifting his head, Baekhyun turned his head to where Kai was looking and raised his brows when he saw Chanyeol walking towards them. 

"He's back. Is he looking for trouble again?" Kai's eyes widened when Baekhyun stood up, turning his bdoy to face Chanyeol. "Yah, Baekhyun! Don't make a fuss here!" He hissedwhile holding onto Baekhyun's hand to hold him down but failed to do so when everyone inside the carfeteria watched them. 

"I see you're back." Baekhyun said with a small smile while looking at Chanyeol. Heaving out a sigh, Chanyeol looked around and smirked. "Yes, thanks to you." He said, the samelook on his face everytime he picks on Baekhyun not missing. 

"You got what you wanted. I hope you will leave us alone now." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol removed his right hands from his pocket and rubbed his chin. "We'll see about that." He said and Baekhyun snickered as he nodded. 

"Okay." He answered and before he could add anything, Chanyeol took out something from his pocket, showed it to Baekhyun and threw it to him. Catching it, Baekhyun looked at the box and raised his brows. It was heavy. 

"Take it as a sign of gratitude." Chanyeol said turning his heels away and leaving them without even causing a single fuss. Soon enough, murmurs were heard around the cafeteria, why wouldn't they when the two greatest rivals at school are, for the first time, not on each other's throat. 

"Don't open it!" Kai said as soon as he noticed Baekhyun scrutinizing the gift. "Why?" Baekhyun asked, not a tone of worry evident on his voice. "It might have a bomb, you know how that Park Chanyeol hates you." Kai said and Baekhyun chuckled as he gathered all his belongings and shot Kai a glance. 

"You're exaggerating." Baekhyun said as he left. 

“Taeyeon noona!” Kai shouted in panic as soon as he saw the person he's been looking for the past few minutes. “Hey, is something wrong?” Taeyeon asked upon noticing the state Kai was in. “Can you please talk to Baekhyun. Chanyeol's back and he gave him gift, who knows what's inside it right?” Kai said with worry. 

“Oh.” 

That's all that Taeyeon said making Kai look at her incredulously. 

“Noona? Are you in your right mind? Chanyeol's back.” Kai repeated. “I know.” Taeyeon repeated calmly making the latter look at him in disbelief. 
“Seriously?” Kai asked. “Seriously, what?” Taeyeon asked.

“You're not worried about Baekhyun at all?” Kai asked and Taeyeon chuckled. “I know you're worried for him but Baekhyun knows what he's doing. But, if it makes you feel better I will go look for him and talk to him.” Taeyeon said. “Where is he anyway?” She continued. 

“The usual.” Kai said and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

“Okay, you should stop worrying about him.” Taeyeon said with a smile. “Who knows what's inside that gift.” Kai said with a frown and Taeyeon can only shake her head. “Stop being too imaginative. It can just really be a gift.” She said and Kai's frown deepened. 

“That's so unlikely of him.” 

“I'll handle it.” 

 

 

 

“There you are.” Taeyeon said as soon as she saw Baekhyun sitting behind the bleachers, scrutinizing a box in his hand. “Oh, what brought you here?” Baekhyun and Taeyeon raised her brows as she looked at him questioningly. “Kai was being frantic earlier. He asked me to look for you and talk to you about that.” Taeyeon said, pointing at the box on Baekhyun's hand. 

“What's with this?” Baekhyun asked, lifting the box up.

“He must have thought it was a bomb or something.” Taeyeon said with a chuckle and Baekhyun shook his head. “He really should stop playing games and watching such action movies.” Baekhyun muttered and Taeyeon chuckled as she turned her back to Baekhyun and leaned on him. 
“Tired?” Baekhyun asked. 

“Yeah.” Taeyeon answered, her eyes closed as her head rested on his shoulder. “A lot of work?” He asked and Taeyeon softly hummed, wanting to take a quick nap. “Can I ask you something?”

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked.

“Thinking of it now, you haven't told me about your plans after you finish your internship here.”

Taeyeon frowned, her lips turning pale. 

“I..haven't really planned about it yet.” 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update! *cries* I really wanted to update the past few days but.. *wails louder* 

Forgive me please TT.TT

Anyhow, like I said. I'll be fast-forwarding this story but rest assured that it won't affect the plot line. So, if you any protest about how this story will end then I suggest you tell me soon enough *evil laugh* because from the way I see it, some are still asking why I entitled this as 'Amnesia' and I see my readers haven't guessed about the ending yet.

You'll know soon enough. *wipes my tears away while I smirk* and there will be an explanation of why Amnesia is the title. 

Okay, that's all for now! Thank you for reading. *bows*