Chapter 51

Amnesia

"Hey, it's past midnight. You should sleep." Junsu said when he noticed Taeyeon's head slightly moving up and down. Hwaring the latter's voice, Taeyeon immediately straightened up and tried her best to open her eyes even when she's having a hard time opening it. 

"It's fine, I-I'm fine." Taeyeon said and felt Junsu's arm wrap around her shoulder. "No, you're not. Just sleep." Junsu said and because of her exhaustion, Taeyeon nodded her head as she leaned her head on his shoulder and instantly fell asleep. 

 

The next morning.. 

Taeyeon woke up finding herself sleeping on the couch, sitting up and looking around, Taeyeon frowned when she saw no signs of Junsu. She clearly remembers falling asleep beside him last night but it seems like the latter had gone somewhere earlier in the morning. Taking it as a chance, Taeyeon walked towards the bed and sighed when she saw Baekhyun still unconscious. 

Different wires connected to different parts of his body, his face still swollen with bruises, scratches and a bit of blood. Casts wrapped around him. It was painful for her to see, and she blames herself for it. 

Softlt grabbing the chair beside Baekhyun's bed, Taeyeon saw on it as she continued to stare at the latter's face.

"What should I do with you?" She asked. "Don't make this hard for me, for us." She continued. "Please?"

No response. 

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon said. "It's all my fault." 

Quickly wiping the tears that had managed to build around her eyes, Taeyeon abruptly stood up when she heard the door creak and soon after revealed Junsu. 

"Hey." He greeted. "Hey." She greeted back and the bag that was hanging on Junsu's shoulder didn't go unnoticed to her. 

"You went back home?" Taeyeon asked. "Oh, no. I went at your place and got you some clothes to change into in case you're feeling uncomfortable with your yesterday's clothes." Junsu said. "And if you're thinking how I managed to get inside your place, I asked Sunny. I called her earlier asking if she could help me get something for you and she said you left your keys and your wallet there. So here." Junsu explained as he handed her the bag that was hanging on his shoulders earlier. 

"T-Thank you." 

That was all that Taeyeon had managed to say. 

"No problem, get yourself fixed." He said as he ruffled her hair making Taeyeon smile. 

"I will." She said before disappearing into the bathroom. 

A few minutes later..

"Hey." Taeyeon called when she saw Junsu leaning his head back on the couch, his eyes closed and exhaustion clearly visible on his face. 

"Yes?" Junsu answered tiredly as he sat up and gave Taeyeon a questioning look. "Maybe you should lie down there on the couch and take a nap. I can sit at the chair." Taeyeon said and Junsu shook his head. 

"It's alri- wait." Junsu said as he abruptly stood up and Taeyeon looked at him questioningly. Following Junsu with her eyes, Taeyeon raised her brows when the latter walked past her and stood beside Baekhyun's bed blocking her. 

"Why?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Baekhyun, he moved his hand." Junsu said and Taeyeon stood beside Junsu as she expectedly waited Baekhyun to open his eyes and not long enough, his hands move again and his eyelids started to move. 

Taeyeon gasped. 

Baekhyun opened his eyes.

"B-Baekhyun-ah." Junsu called and Baekhyun's eyes landed on Taeyeon who was standing a little bit behind Junsu. 

"Are you alright?" Junsu asked making Baekhyun eyes tear off of Taeyeon. Looking back to Junsu, Baekhyun furrowed his brows. 

"W-Who are you?" Baekhyun asked. 

"I-It's me, Junsu hyung." Junsu said as he held Baekhyun's arm which the latter pulled back. "I.. I don't remember you. I.. don't know you." Baekhyun said with much confusion. 

"T-Taeyeon-ah, can you call t-the doctor?" Junsu said and Taeyeon nodded her head as she hastily walked out of the hospital room. "J-Just wait for the doctor, okay?" Junsu said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

Not long after, Taeyeon arrived with the doctor. 

"Let me check you, okay?" The doctor asked ans Baekhyun nodded his head. "Do you remember your name?" The doctor asked and Baekhyun shook his head. 

"Anything?" The doctor asked and Baekhyun shook his head. Turning towards the two, the doctor sighed. 

"I'm sorry, but from my suspicion the patient has general dissociative amnesia." The doctor said and Taeyeon held onto Junsu's arm. 

"H-How.." Junsu trailed. 

"It may be because of the accident that has happened to him. We will make sure to do further tests but for now, I could say that he's far from danger." The doctor explained and Junsu nodded his head.

"T-Thank you, doctor." Junsu said and the doctor nodded his head as he excused to leave. 

"W-What should we do now?" Taeyeon whispered to Junsu and the latter could only sigh. 

"Could you please look after him first? I'll just call umma and appa." Junsu said and Taeyeon nodded her head, watching Junsu leave, Taeyeon turned her attention to Baekhyun who was now staring at her.

"H-Hi." Taeyeon awkwardly said and Baekhyun looked at her in confusion but nevertheless gave the older girl a bow. 

"H-Hello." Baekhyun greeted. "You are?" He continued. 

"T-Taeyeon, Taeyeon noona. I'm.." 

"You are?" 

"Your brother's.. fiancee." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "I suppose the one outside is my brother, right? The guy here earlier?" Baekhyun asked calmly and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

"Do you.. Do you remember anything?" Taeyeon asked, secretly still keeping her hopes up. 

"N-No." Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon frowned. 

"I-Is there anything I should remember?" Baekhyun asked upon noticing the latter's frown. 

"N-No, there isn't."

You're better this way. 

We're better this way.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~ sorry it took a while. 

I'm gonna ask you all though, since this story's gonna end. Would you still want me to write another fanfic? And if you would like it to be BaekYeon again? I know I'm not much of a good author now but hey, what my readers wants my readers gets. 

So, would you or would you not have me write another fic again?