Chapter 46

Amnesia

And Taeyeon slowly turn around to face him.

"What really brought you here?" Baekhyun asked, concern clearly evident at the tone of his voice and Taeyeon can't help but to look away and sigh.

"I told you, I needed some fresh air." Taeyeon answered, clearly hiding something and Baekhyun knew.

It was Taeyeon of course, she's the woman he loves. 

"And that's not so you." Baekhyun countered. That made Taeyeon silent, he still knows after all. 

Why? Why are you being like this? Taeyeon thought. 

"So tell me, what's wrong? And why isn't my brother with you?" Baekhyun continued and Taeyeon sighed. Guess there's no point of hiding anymore, he knew her too well and she could say the same about him. 

"Junsu and I.. fought." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows. They were just fine earlier when he left, too fine that he cannot stand seeing them being sweet with each other. 

"Why? How?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon heaved out a sigh. "It was about the engagement." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun felt even more confused. 

"Why? I thought you two.." Baekhyun trailed. 

"No, we're not breaking up. No." Taeyeon abruptly said surprising herself and Baekhyun who just stood there with pain evident through his eyes. 

"It's just that.." Taeyeon trailed and Baekhyun can only watch her.

"I wasn't ready for marriage yet. Junsu and I planned it already but I didn't expect him to spill that out earlier so.. we kind of argued right after your parents left because I confronted him about it." Taeyeon explained and Baekhyun nodded his head, silently trying to take in everything he heard. 

"Right." He said after a moment of silence and Taeyeon can only look away, silently scolding herself for being dumb. 

She and Baekhyun had a past and obviously he still loves her and there she was, talking about Junsu. 

Her fianceè.

Baekhyun's brother.

"Is he better than me?" Baekhyun asked out of the blue surprising Taeyeon. "What do you mean?" She asked. 

"You told our parents earlier that he treated you like a good man would. Am I really that bad? Didn't I treat you well? Is it because of that day I pushed you away?" Baekhyun bombarded Taeyeon with questions and the latter could only look down. 

"Answer me, Taeyeon." Baekhyun added with a stern voice. 

"No, you weren't bad Baekhyun. You're a good guy and anyone who would be with you will be lucky. It's just that.. I'm the one with the problem and not you. Also, it's not  about what you did before. I was wrong, you trusted me and all I did was waste that. I'm not saying that I cheated on you because Heechul oppa's really just a friend but.. I belittled that trust you gave me. It was my fault." Taeyeon explained and Baekhyun could only scoff. 

"Is it because I'm not a man in your eyes yet? Is it because Junsu hyung's much better than me? Is it because I'm younger than you? Is it?" Baekhyun asked again and Taeyeon shook her head. 

"No." She answered.

"Then why? Why can't it be me?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon sighed.

"Because it can't. Let's not-"

"Do you really love Junsu hyung?" Baekhyun asked catching Taeyeon off guard. 

"What kind of question is that? Of course, I-"

"Do YOU really love him?" Baekhyun repeated while looking straight into her eyes and it took Taeyeon a while to answer. 

"Yes." She said after a moment. 

"Wouldn't there be a chance for u-"

"No, Baekhyun. No." Taeyeon said cutting him off. "Can't you see that I'm with Junsu now? I love him, we're getting married. Can you stop being like this? It's killing me! You're killing me!" Taeyeon finally burst out. 

"But-"

"If I don't love him then I would have left him the moment I found out that he's your brother." Taeyeon revealed and Baekhyun furrowed his brows, not catching what she meant. 

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Like Junsu said, he talked a lot about you back when he's still overseas.We were dating when he told me about you, I thought it was just some other guy that has the same name as you but when he told me that he loves you as his real brother even when you're adopted, I knew it was you." Taeyeon explained. 

"Then why doesn't he know that you were once at intern on my school?" Baekhyun asked. 

"I haven't told him that yet." Taeyeon answered. 

"And you plan to hide it forever?" Baekhyun questioned. "No." Taeyeon immediately answered when something dawned upon her. 

"Are you planning to tell your brother about us?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun looked away. "Baekhyun, no. Please don't." Taeyeon pleaded and Baekhyun sighed. 

"I can't hide anything from h-"

"Please, don't ruin what I have now." Taeyeon pleaded and Baekhyun finally wasn't able to stop his tears anymore as it rolled down his cheeks. 

"Is he really that important to you? Do you really love him that much? Did what we have is really real? Are you happy with him?" Baekhyun continued to ask his questions and Taeyeon can only look away, afraid that she too would break down. 

"Yes." Taeyeon answered. "And yes, what we 'had' was real. Was, Baekhyun. Was. It's done." Taeyeon said as she spun around and walked away. 

But as soon as she did so, Baekhyun's question got her thinking.

Does she really love Junsu? 

Is she really happy with him? 

____________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm sorry for updating again just now, I haven ben really well and I'm down with a fever and a migraine just now :(

Chapter 47's halfway done. Please wait for it. 

Thanks for reading everyone!  And thank you for having such patience *bows*