Chapter 27

Amnesia

“What?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. “Why would I pack my bags?” 

Baekhyun laughed. “We're not going to elope. No.” 

“Then what?” Taeyeon asked, watching Baekhyun calming himself down from laughing.

“I have a date in mind. Just pack a few clothes, enough to last overnight.” He said and Taeyeon looked at him in scrutiny. “Just do as I say so.” He added and Taeyeon shook her head and crossed her arms. “Not until you tell me what you have in mind.” She said. 

“It's a surprise.” He said and Taeyeon shook her head. “I won't kidnap you if that's what your thinking.” He said then laughed making Taeyeon glare at him. “No, you tell me first.” She said and Baekhyun sighed. “Come on~.” He whined. 

“No, I won't move here until you tell me what you're planning.” She said with a serious expression making Baekhyun sigh. 

There goes my surprise, he thought. 

“Fine, let's spend the weekend out of town.” He muttered and Taeyeon raised her brows, Baekhyun took it as a sign to continue. “I was just thinking, since I'm free all weekend and so are you. It's also better than staying here and doing nothing, I mean, it's not like I don't like it here but you know, I would love to go to places with you especially now that we can't be free yet. Not when my parents still have no idea about us, even your co-interns or anyone at school.” 

Taeyeon had to smile at that. “Why do you have to be cute?” 

“Thank you, but I'm not a puppy.” Baekhyun said, his voice still serious making Taeyeon land a punch on his shoulder. “Way to ruin the moment there, mister.” Taeyeon said, watching Baekhyun rub the spot where she punched him.

“So? Will you come with me?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled. 

“That sounds like a good idea, after all it's much better than the confines of my apartment.” She said with a grin and Baekhyun smiled. “Hey, it doesn't matter where we're at. As long as I'm with you, the place we're at will be paradise.” 

“Oh my God! My fingers and toes are curling, they're going to fall off!” Taeyeon said followed by a fit of laughter. Baekhyun deadpanned. 

“Way to run the moment.” He muttered but the latter managed to hear.  

“See? Now you know what I feel when you ruin the moment.” Taeyeon said the chuckled. Shaking his head, Baekhyun stared at Taeyeon with a smile on his face and as soon as the latter noticed it, Taeyeon shoved his face away waking up from his trance. 

“Stop staring at me.” She said, her cheeks red

“Ooh, is Kim Taeyeon shy?” Baekhyun teased and Taeyeon grabbed the pillow resting at the couch beside them and shoved it into Baekhyun's face blocking his face away from her. Struggling to remove the pillow from his face, Baekhyun laughed when he successfully did so. 

Taeyeon was looking away, her face clearly showing her embarrassment. 

“Now, now. You don't turn your back on your boyfriend like that.” Baekhyun said, grabbing Taeyeon's shoulders and turning her around. Not wanting Baekhyun to see her face yet, Taeyeon quickly turn around and buried her face at the crook of his neck. 

Baekhyun chuckled seeing how cute Taeyeon is when shy. 

“I never knew I had this effect on you.” Baekhyun said, landing a kiss on the top of her head as his arms made it's way around her, securing Taeyeon into a tight hug. 

“Silly.” He heard Taeyeon said.

“I love you.” Baekhyun said out of the blue and felt Taeyeon sigh in contentment. 

“I love you more.” She heard her say. 

 


“Let me take that.” Baekhyun said as soon as he caught sight of Taeyeon walking out of the apartment building with a small duffel bag in hand. Taking the bag from Taeyeon, Baekhyun held Taeyeon's hand with his free one and intertwined their fingers. 

“That was fast, I thought you won't be back after an hour or two.” Taeyeon said, it was just a few good minutes since Baekhyun left from her apartment saying that he needs to tell his parents about his plan  to go somewhere for the weekend and pack his things and their necessities for the trip and now he's back. All ready for their dare.

“Can't want to make the love of my life, can't we?” He said with a grin. Taeyeon blushed upon hearing his statement. 

“Cheesy.” She said and Baekhyun laughed. 

“Just stating the facts.” He answered before letting go of Taeyeon's hand and jogging over to the back of the pick up truck to put Taeyeon's bag there. Not wanting Taeyeon to open the car door for herself, Baekhyun immediately grabbed the handle before Taeyeon could. 

“Yah.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled. 

“Can't let the princess open the door by herself.” He said with a grin, shaking her head, Taeyeon went inside the vehicle as Baekhyun carefully closed the door not wanting to hurt the latter. Not wanting to wait any minute anymore, Baekhyun ran to the other side and immediately mounted the truck. 

“Let's go.” He said as he started the engine. 

 

 

“Wow, this place looks beautiful.” Taeyeon said as soon as she stepped out of the pick up truck. It was close to evening already when they arrived at their destination and as luck would have it, the couple managed to get in time before the sun sets. 

“Yup, this is quite far from the town already and there's not much people around here. It's not that crowded even in summer so I thought it would be good to bring you here since we can have this place all by ourselves.” He said, proudly looking at the shoreline with no signs of people at all.

“You're really good at finding places with no people.” Taeyeon said with a laugh. “I just want to have you all for myself, aren't I a good boyfriend?” He asked and Taeyeon shook her head before walking towards the back of the car to grab her bag only to see what Baekhyun had prepared. 

Two big baskets, probably filled with food. A thick mattress. a few pillows and a blanket, a couple of fire woods and their bags. 

“You prepared all these?” Taeyeon asked while pointing at the back of the pick up truck and Baekhyun nodded. 

“Yup.” He answered. “Wait here.” He said before going inside the truck and starting the engine. 

“Yah! Are you going to leave me?” She asked as soon as the truck started to move. Shaking his head, Baekhyun decided to ignore the latter's question for now as he carefully moved the truck around so it's back would face the ocean. 

Seeing that it was good enough, Baekhyun stopped the engine and stepped out of the truck. 

“Who says I'm leaving you here?” He asked then chuckled, Taeyeon can only glare at him. 

“Whatever.” She said, putting the tailgate of the truck down and climbing up. Baekhyun only shake his head at her childishness.

“I love you too much to leave you, keep that in mind.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~ 

Sorry, I wasn't able to update the couple of days. *cries* I spent my birthday at the airport since I've got a flight to catch. *cries again*

But I'm free now, yay! Thanks for reading everyone! 

Please anticipate the net chapter!