Chapter 48

Amnesia

"W-What is it that you wanna talk about?" Baekhyun asked as soon as he and Taeyeon arrived at the nearby park. It was unexpected, meeting Taeyeon wasn't planned and now seeing her in front of him again feels surreal. Call him crazy but that's how exactly what he feels. 

He doesn't know what she wants but he's a nervous wreck deep inside.

What does she want?

It was the question inside his mind. He was anticipating about what she wanted to tell him. 

"I don't know how to start this but I'll get straight to the point." Taeyeon announced and Baekhyun slowly nodded his head, silently waiting for what Taeyeon will tell him. "If you.. If you want to tell Junsu about us then.. go ahead." She said making Baekhyun raise his brows by her sudden words. 

"W-What.." Baekhyun trailed.

"I've been thinking about this, I'm about to spend my life with Junsu and like it or not he'll find out about us sooner or later. I don't want him to find this out from someone else, you wanted to come clean to him? Go ahead, I won't stop you. I just.. I don't want any more trouble, I also don't want Junsu to hate you or me." Taeyeon started and Baekhyun only stood there looking at her questioningly. Seeing this, Taeyeon continued.

"If you're wondering why I'm suddenly letting you do this, it's because I have talked to one of my friends and she was right, I have to choose between you and Junsu and I choose him. Like I said, I can't afford Junsu to hate me." Taeyeon continued and Baekhyun felt his heart breaking all over again. 

"Wow." That's all that he had managed to say in disbelief and after that, nothing came out of his mouth. It was unbelievable to him, it felt so unreal that he wasn't able to say anything, it felt so unreal that he started to think if it was really Taeyeon standing infront of him.

Seeing that the latter won't speak any sooner, Taeyeon decided to. 

"Look, I know you must hate me right now and I won't stop you. Hate me all you want, you can even cut me off of your life but I can't afford to hide everything about us to Junsu all my life. I... I just can't. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here." Taeyeon said as she looked down and rubbed her forehead. 

It was painful for her to tell that to him but what can she do? It was like she cannot afford to hurt nor leave Junsu especially now that the latter was looking forward to  her marrying him.

"Is it.. Is it really that easy to hurt me and that difficult to choose me?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon looked away. "No, it's not. It's nothing like that." She answered. 

"Then what? Because from the way I see it you meant it that way. Is it really hard to choose me?" Baekhyun repeated and Taeyeon looked at him in disbelief. 

"Are you really that selfish?" Taeyeon asked almost like a whisper in disbelief making Baekhyun back away. "I just had to protect what's mine. I want you back." He defended.

"Well then, I'm not yours!" Taeyeon said right in front of his face making Baekhyun shut his mouth and just stare at her. 

"Stop it, Baekhyun. Please." Taeyeon said stressing every word and Baekhyun just stood there, staring at her in pain and disbelief. "I'm sorry, but it has to be this way. Either you tell Junsu about us or I will." Taeyeon said and with that, she walked away leaving Baekhyun standing there, too dumbfounded of everything that had happened. 

Shaking his head, Baekhyun walked towards the nearby bench and let himself fall there. Heaving out a sigh, Baekhyun stared onto nothing as tears ran down his cheeks uncontrollably. 

 

 

"Sunny, open up. It's me." Taeyeon said as she kept on knocking at Sunny's door. "Lee Sunkyu,  open up." Taeyeon said louder and this time she heard hurried footsteps. 

"Shut the hell up! I'm coming!" Sunny shouted on the other side and Taeyeon heaved out a sigh of relief. 

Standing in front of the door, Taeyeon gave Sunny a small smile as the latter opened the door with an annoyed expression on her face. "What is it that you want? We just saw each other earlier." Sunny grumbled as soon as she saw that it was none other than her friend, Taeyeon. 

"Sunny, I talked to him." Taeyeon said. "Talked to who?" Sunny asked. 

"Baekhyun." Taeyeon said and Sunny raised her brows as she stepped aside and let Taeyeon enter her place. "What did you say?" Sunny asked as she made her way to the living room with Taeyeon trailing behind her. 

"I told him to do whatever he wants." Taeyeon said and Sunny raised her brows not catching what she meant. "He wants to tell his brother about us. I.. I told him that I won't stop him anymore." Taeyeon said and Sunny face-palmed. 

"Is this really what you want?"  Sunny asked as she spun around and Taeyeon stopped walking as she raised her head and slowly, yet hesitatingly, as what sunny had noticed, nodded her head. 

"Really?" Sunny asked and Taeyeon made her way to couch. "Y-Yes." Taeyeon answered before sitting down. 

"You're crazy." Sunny said and Taeyeon raised her brows. "Why?" She asked. 

"You still love that guy, I can see it." Sunny said and Taeyeon sighed. "I don't, why do you have to keep pushing it? I'm with Junsu now-"

"That's it." 

"What is it?"  

"You just answered why you're pushing Baekhyun away, Taeyeon." Sunny said. "You're with Junsu." She added. 

"That's right, I'm with Junsu and I-"

"And you don't want to offend neither hurt that guy that's why you're pushing Baekhyun away, I can see that you don't even love that guy. Think about it, you're the kind of person who doesn't want to look bad in front of others and if Junsu and you breaks up, you will be the bad one and you don't want that to happen. Also, I know you too well, Taeyeon. You will do anything as long as it looks right in your eyes and as of right now, what you think is right is being with Junsu. But I'm telling you Taeyeon, I'm telling you, you will regret this all your life if you don't listen to me." Sunny said and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. 

Why do Sunny's words bring a pang of pain in her heart? 

"Whatever." Taeyeon answered as she made her way to the kitchen. Leaving Sunny sitting on the couch at the living room. 

Shaking her head, Sunny can only sigh with her friend's stubborness. Reaching out towards the television's controller, Sunny turned the TV on and her eyes widened as soon as the thing lit up. 

"Oh ."

____________________________________________________________

A/N: It's nearing the end~