Chapter 37

Amnesia

It's been nearly a month. 

A month since they last talked, a month since he last held her in his arms, a month since he got to have her and call her his. Baekhyun soon enough found out that Taeyeon was telling the truth upon accidentally hearing the latter explaining everything to Kai. He even heard about something that the friend he mistaken Taeyeon was cheating with actually have a girlfriend. 

A fiancee to be exact. 

But that didn't stop him from ignoring all the things and wooing Taeyeon did. He's hurt, that was his reason and even when he knows he still loves her deep inside, it didn't stop him from treating her like crap. Yes, he treated her badly and today is just like any other day. 

"Hi." Taeyeon greeted as soon as he bumped into her at the hallway. "What do you want?" He harshly asked, the old him never did this. He had to mentally scoff at the thought.

"I.. just wanna ask if you want to have dinner later? I'll make anything for you." Taeyeon offered with a smile and Baekhyun, right there and then, wanted to give in. But no, anger blinded him. 

"No." He answered, making the smile on Taeyeon's face drop. 

"How about-"

"Stop." He said cutting her off and Taeyeon immediately shut . "I told you I need time, right?" He asked, the coldness in his voice not faltering. 

"Y-Yes." Taeyeon answered, head down. She was afraid to see the anger burning in his eyes. "But it's already been a mo-"

"Exactly." He said, cutting her off again. "I told you I needed time and space and yet you're still around me!" Baekhyun said, finally raising his voice. Fortunate enough, no students were around. 

"I just wanted to-"

"To what Taeyeon? What do you still want from me?" He asked. "I already gave you my heart, isn't that enough?" He added. "I just need some time! I need to heal too and you being around me and doing all of this doesn't help!" He continued. "You're killing me!" He finished, he breathed in anger and it scared Taeyeon. 

"And you think what you do to me doesn't hurt me?" Taeyeon asked, even when she's afraid and on the verge of tears already. "I love you. Why can't you believe me?" She asked, desperation evident at the tone of her voice and Baekhyun looked away. 

"After that night, it felt like I was dating someone else. It felt like you don't want me anymore, what happened to hanging on until the end?" Taeyeon asked but heard no answer from him. She felt another pain. 

"Your graduation's just around the corner.. will you still let me meet your parents?" She asked innocently and Baekhyun felt a terrible pain on his chest, it felt like he's being stabbed a thousand times and he knew right at that moment that Taeyeon was sincere with her love towards him yet he still doesn't know how to respond.

Stupid, he told himself.

Hearing no answer from the latter, Taeyeon thought that maybe, Baekhyun doesn't want her anymore and that he doesn't want her to be the woman he's going to bring home to his parents.

It hurt her.

"I get it." She said with a sad smile. "Congratulations for coming the first in class." She said barely audible as she took all of her courage and leaned in, placing chaste kiss on his lips. "I'm proud of you." She added before turning around and walking away.

 

 

 

"You're such an idiot!" Kai hissed as he slumped himself over Baekhyun's bed. He can't help but to feel disappointed upon hearing Baekhyun's story about earlier. "I know." Baekhyun said as he walked over to the bean bag at the corner of his room and took a seat on it. 

"Why do you have to tell her that?" Kai asked and Baekhyun looked down. Somehow, the floor became interesting to look at for him. "Because it's true." Baekhyun muttered but Kai managed to hear it. 

"I won't be surprised if Taeyeon noona gives up on you." Kai said. "You know why?" He asked, and Baekhyun looked up  and turned his eyes to his friend. 

"Because she's had enough." He said. "Tell me," Kai started. "Who in their right minds would tell the person they love something like you said, 'you're killing me?' What the hell was that Byun Baekhyun?" Kai asked and Baekhyun sighed. 

"I saw how you treated noona the past days and weeks. You threw every lunch she gave you if you don't manage to give it back. Shout at her for being around, tell her harshly that she's a cheater. What else would you want to tell her? That she doesn't deserve a saint like you?" Kai sarcastically asked pressing on the word 'saint' as he scoffed at the end. 

"You're not the guy I know." He added.

"Then what am I supposed to do?! I am hurt! I love her yet everytime I see her, all I can think of is how she let that man hold her like how I do! I love her Kai! I love her that it kills me to even think of her being someone else's!"

He finally lost it. 

"Then fight for her! Taeyeon noona loves you, she loves you more than anything. Why can't you just let it go? Start anew?" Kai asked as his voice softened and Baekhyun covered his face with both of his hands. 

"I can't Kai. I can't." Baekhyun answered.

"Why?" Kai asked.

"Because I already ruined everything I have with her. I ruined everything." He said and Kai sighed. 

"Fix it or watch Taeyeon noona slip away from you." Kai threatened hoping to knock.some sense into his friend's head. "Do you even love her?" He asked. 

"Yes." Baekhyun answered in a heartbeat. 

"Then I don't see what's wrong. Claim her as yours again and don't repeat the same mistake, learn from it and stop being a coward." Kai said. 

"Do you think she'll forgive me?" Baekhyun asked. 

"She's not even mad at you in the first place." Kai answered. 

"Will she still love me the same?" He asked himself and Kai scoffed.

"Stop being a jerk." Kai advised. 

"You love her right?" He asked and Baekhyun nodded his head as he stared at the ceiling. 

"I love her."

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Update!