Chapter 40

Amnesia

"Baekhyun-ah, is something wrong? You've been quiet all throughout the ride. Did something happen?" Baekhyun's mother asked upon noticing her son's silence right after leaving Baekhyun's graduation rites. Thinking that something  must have gone wrong, Baekhyun's mother can't help but to ask. 

"Nothing mom." He answered tiredly as he slumped himself on the couch but moments later, he abruptly stood up suprising his parents. "Where are you going?" His father asked upon noticing Baekhyun heading towards the door. 

"I'll be back later. Don't wait for me." He answered and without waiting for his parent's reply, he went out of the door with no destination in his mind. 

 

 

"I didn't know, I'd find you here." Kai said with arms crossed as soon as he saw Baekhyun sitting in front of a convenience store with three bottles of soju accompanying him. "What do you want?" He asked, voice muffled by the table since his face was placed flat on it. 

"Your parents called me asking me where you were. They're worried." Kai said as he took his seat in front of the latter. "Let them be." Baekhyun answered as he leaned back only to surprise Kai. 

"What happened to your face?!" He asked, slightly rising up from his seat when he saw Baekhyun's bruised face. 

"He started some war with a thug earlier." Kai heard a voice, turning around he saw Chanyeol standing a few steps away from them, hands both on his pockets with a small smirk on his face.

"Are you sure you didn't do this?" Kai asked while pointing at Baekhyun who now had his eyes closed. 

"No." 

It was Baekhyun that answered. Surprising Kai. 

"What the hell is happening to you, Byun Baekhyun?!" Kai asked in irritation and Baekhyun opened his eyes, the loudness of his friend's voice was too much for him to bear. "I'm leaving." He said, having no choice before wobbly standing up and toppling the chair he's sitting at in the process. Before the two can react, Baekhyun is already walking away. 

"What happened to him?" Kai asked turning to Chanyeol. "Taeyeon noona." The latter answered and Kai raised his brows in confusion. No, he doesn't know what had happened yet. 

"Let's go follow him first before he starts another mess." Chanyeol said and with that, they followed Baekhyun. 

 

 

 

"Taeyeon, pick it up please? Pick it up." Baekhyun said as he dialed Taeyeon's number over and over again but to no avail, the latter wasn't picking up. Wobbly walking down the deserted street, Baekhyun tried to dial Taeyeon' phone again when someone bumped onto him making him drop his phone.

Due to his drunkenness, Baekhyun growle and faced the man that bumped onto him. "Watch where you're going, idiot." He said but too bad, the man, pissed off, landed a punch on his already battered face and stomach. 

Letting out a groan, Baekhyun can't do anything but to crouch down on the ground in pain as he coughed out a bit of blood. "That's what you deserve." He heard the man say and before he knew it, a kick landed on his stomach   

"Yah!" He heard Kai's voice but too late, the man ran away. 

"You.. seriously." He heard Chanyeol's and felt himself being lifted up by the collar. Standing on his feet, Baekhyun stumbled as wiped his lips with the back of his eyes. 

"What are you doing? Stop helping me and get the hell out of here! I don't need your--"

Thud. 

"Chanyeol!" Kai shouted as he ran to Baekhyun who's now back on the ground. Shaking his head, Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun got back up again, wiping the blood on his lips in the process. 

"That's right, do it again! Do it again! Kill me!" Baekhyun shouted right in front of the latter's face earning a hard punch on his stomach making him crouch and spit more blood. 

"Stop!" Kai shouted but Baekhyun held his hand up and motioned him to stop and stand where he is.

"I don't know what happened to you and Taeyeon noona and I'm not doing this because I want to but wake up! Stop crying over a girl!" Chanyeol said and Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's collar, his hands shaking and his breathing uneven.

"You don't know what I'm feeling right now. She's leaving Chanyeol, she's leaving me even when she knows how much I love her and can't leave without her!" Baekhyun shouted as he pushed Chanyeol making the latter stumble back. 

"Baekhyun, stop." Kai said and Baekhyun shook his head. "There's no point on living anymore. Why stop?" Baekhyun asked and Kai sighed. 

"This is not the only way!" Kai said. "No. This is the only way." Baekhyun said. His mind refusing to believe anything right at that moment. "Baekhyun." Kai said, his voice pleading.  

"Why don't you just listen to him." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun shook his head. Having enough, Chanyeol landed a punch on Baekhyun's face and pushed him down making him lie flat on the concrete side road. Hovering over the latter, Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun collar and lifted his bdy up and to his surprise, he found tears on the latter's face. 

"Do it." Baekhyun dared but got no response from Baekhyun. "I said do it!" He shouted again and Chanyeol only stared at him. Feeling nothing, Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's shirt and clenched onto it. 

"Do it... please." Baekhyun pleaded, choking on his own sobs. Chanyeol sighed as he got off the latter and offered his hand to him. "Stand up, this isn't the only way." Chanyeol said with a calm voice and Baekhyun remained lying on the ground, his arm over his face. 

"Let me be."  Baekhyun said, barely audible.

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol called. "Stop wasting your time. Why not go to Taeyeon noona's place and talk it out with her? Stand up there and do something before she really leaves." Chanyeol added with a threatening tone and Baekhyun removed his arm from his face and sat up, his face covered with sweat, tears and blood. 

 "She won't listen to me." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol sighed. "Then make her listen! Use that state of yours now to change her mind!" He scolded. 

"No, she won't." Baekhyun said, or more like told himself. 

Chanyeol can only sigh in defeat. 

"Chanyeol's right." 

It was Kai that talked this time. 

 

"Let her see what you are without her."