Chapter 17

Amnesia

'Go on a date with me? Please?'

"What?!" Taeyeon suddenly spoke up in disbelief and before she knew it, her phone rang displaying Baekhyun's name flashing on the screen. 

"What?" Taeyeon asked trying to not sound weird. "Have you seen my message?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon bit her lower lip trying to supress the grin wanting to appear on her face. 

"Taeyeon..?" Baekhyun trailed, afraid that he's being too fast and that the latter didn't like it.

"Y-Yeah, yes." Taeyeon answered before mentally scolding herself for stuttering. 

"Yes, what?" Baekhyun asked, puzzled by Taeyeon's answer. 

"Yes, I saw it." Taeyeon answered before taking a deep breath. "So?" Baekhyun asked.

"So?" Taeyeon asked back making Baekhyun chuckle. 

"Will you go on a date with me? Please?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon had to stop herself for laughing at him. Why wouldn't she when Baekhyun sounded like a little kid asking for something he knew his parents will say no. 

"What's with the sudden change of mind?" Taeyeon asked, she had to mentally scold herself again for letting her curiosity take over her. 

"I... Because I know I'm wrong." Baekhyun said. 

"So you feel guilty. Is that it?" Taeyeon asked. No, it's not about revenge to make him feel the way she did earlier but she needed confirmation to know that Baekhyun's not being forced.

"No, well... I feel guilty but it's not the sole reason why I wanted us to try. Taeyeon, I don't want to waste the chance you're giving. I'll prove to you that I'm worth it. So, will you go on a date with me?" Baekhyun asked nervously making Taeyeon smile. 

Hearing no response from the latter, Baekhyun felt even more nervous. 

"Taeyeon..?" He called. 

"Yes." Taeyeon immediately answered. 

"Yes, what?" Baekhyun asked, trying to suppress the grin wanting to appear on his  face. 

"I'll go on a date with you." Taeyeon answered and even when the latter couldn't see him which he's thankful for, Baekhyun did a fist pump. 

"I'll take you out on a date tomorrow after class, do you have anything specific in mind?" Baekhyun asked, excitement clearly obvious just by the tone of his voice. 

"No, surprise me?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head even when the latter couldn't see him. 

"Yes, yes. I will." Baekhyun answered. 

"Okay." Taeyeon answered. 

"Okay." Baekhyun replied back.

"Taeyeon?" Baekhyun called after a brief silence. 

"Yes?" Taeyeon asked. 

"I like you." 

Taeyeon had to smile with that.

"And I'm sorry if I just walked away the moment I realized you heard what I said. I meant everything I said that day about what I feel for you, it's just that my mind's clouded with anger towards what had happened to you and the fear of losing you. I mean, why would you like me when I'm a student that's three years younger than you and is merely trying to graduate." Baekhyun explained in one breath. "I know it's not so good to be explaining myself to you on the phone but I need to get this out of my chest before I grow crazy." He continued. 

"I really really like you. No, I think I'm in love with you already and I'm going to do my best for you to like me back." Baekhyun said with a firm voice and Taeyeon smiled, glad that Baekhyun's taking things well. 

"Can I tell you a secret then?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Sure. Go ahead." Baekhyun answered. 

"I like you too." 

 

 

 

"I see you're smiling so early today. Something happened?" Kai teasingly asked as soon as he saw his friend constantly smiling, grinning, chuckling and shaking his head while on their way to school, hearing his friend's question, Baekhyun turned his head to Kai and raised his brows. 

"Did something happened to you? You're doing this." Kai said before imitating what Baekhyun was doing earlier. "Is it wrong for me to smile?" Baekhyun asked. "I'm in a good mood, please don't ruin it." Baekhyun said with a serious tone. 

"So tell me about you and Taeyeon noona." Kai said. "Any updates?" He added and just by thinking about it made Baekhyun smile instantly. Kai can only smile seing how happy his friend had become. 

"So?" Kai asked. "I asked her to go on a date with me." Baekhyun, the smile never leaving his face. 

"I bet she said yes? Because you wouldn't smile like a retard if she didn't." Kai said and Baekhyun chuckled. "You already answered your question, there's no need for me to answer you anymore." Baekhyun said and Kai laughed. 

"So does your parents know?" Kai asked and as soon as he did, the mood dropped. "No." Baekhyun answered. "They don't know anything and I'm not planning to tell them yet." He added. 

"Why?" Kai asked. 

"I promised them that I won't date anyone and I asked umma before and she looked disappointed that I'm thinking of breaking that promise. What more would she feel if I tell, right?" Baekhyun asked Kai sighed. 

"So you're planning to hide it until you graduate?" Kai asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. A small frown visible on his face. 

"I'm going to keep us away from anything that will break us." Baekhyun stated. 

"You like her that much?" Kai asked. 

"I love her that much." 

____________________________________________________________

A/N: another short update since I'm using my phone *cries*

Thanks for reading!