Chapter 7

Amnesia

"What? No, thanks. I can do it." Taeyeon said as she started pushing him lightly towards the stairs. "Go home." She said and Baekhyun stepped aside making her stop pushing him. "No." He said firmly making Taeyeon sigh, as much as she needs help, she doesn't want to bother anyone when she can do it herself. 

"But--" 

"No." Baekhyun said as he removed his uniform vest leaving him with a white shirt. "I can do it." He added before grabbing the rag from Taeyeon and entering the classroom leaving the latter behind with a frown. "At least let me help for a bit?" Taeyeon bargained as she stood by at the door afraid that once she gets in, she'll find it hard to breathe again. 

"Just stay there." Baekhyun said as he started cleaning the other side of the room. Taeyeon can't help but to sigh, because as much as she wants to help, it seems like she won't be able to because of her state. Her and dust don't really go well. 

Hearing the sigh, Baekhyun chuckled. "It's alright, you don't need to feel bad." He said. 

"Can't help it." Taeyeon answered, Baekhyun looked at her as he started to do his work. "Go something else then, wait in the stairs or go home. It'll be dark soon." Baekhyun said knowing that the sun was setting already.

"No." Taeyeon said stubbornly and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Okay." He answered and silence engulfed their surroundings. Baekhyun on the other hand continued cleaning the room and too absorbed to what he's doing, he didn't notice Taeyeon disappear for a few minutes only to come back with a box of donuts and two smoothies in her hands. 

"Hey." Taeyeon called Baekhyun who was busy wiping the room walls. "Yeah?" Baekhyun asked as he turned his heels to face her while wiping the back of his hand on his forehead in the process. "Oh my god, you're so dirty." Taeyeon gasped and Baekhyun looked down on his white shirt only to see it turn into the dust hue. 

Umma will definitely scold me, Baekhyun thought. 

"No, it's alright. Do you need anything?" Baekhyun asked. "You can come in now, the room's cleaned. I just need to take those bags out." Baekhyun said while pointing two garbage bags placed by the door. Hearing what he said, Taeyeon entered the room only to see it fully cleaned already. 

"Oh, yeah. Sure." Taeyeon answered as she walked towards him. "Let's eat first, I'm sure you're hungry." Taeyeon said placing the box above the table standing in the middle room as Baekhyun jumped over and sat on the table and due to his hunger, Baekhyun reached out to take one from the box when Taeyeon slapped his hand away making Baekhyun look at her in disbelief. 

"No, you're hands are dirty." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun pouted. "But I'm hungry." He complained and Taeyeon chuckled before handling one of the smoothies. "Say ahh." She said lifting the donut to the same level as Baekhyun's mouth. "Eat. Your hands are dirty, come on." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun hesitantly opened his mouth and took a bite on the donut, a pink shade slightly visible on his face.

"Aren't you going to eat too?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon picked another donut on her free hand before bringing it to while the other one was lifted up in front of Baekhyun's face. "I am. See?" Taeyeon said while chewing, Baekhyun chuckled. 

"Eat." Taeyeon and Baekhyun nodded his head contantly taking a bite and sip from his food. Soon enough, they were finished and the room was successfully cleaned. 

"Let's go home now." Taeyeon said before picking her bag on the floor while Baekhyun did so too. "Yeah, let's." He said and they both stepped out of the room with Taeyeon locking it. "It's late already, aren't your parents looking for you?" Taeyeon asked seeing that it was close to getting late at night. 

"No, they trust me enough." Baekhyun said with a grin and Taeyeon nodded her head.

"Okay." She answered. 

Going out of the school gates, Taeyeon walked to the nearest bus stop and noticed that Baekhyun was walking behind her. "What are you doing?" She asked stopping her pace and Baekhyun grinned. "Just go." He said holding her shoulders from the back and gently pushing her towards the bus stop. 

"You're supposed to go home." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head. "No can do noona." He said teasingly making Taeyeon glare at him and not only that, a free hit on the stomach was added. "Ouch." Baekhyun said while rubbing the spot where Taeyeon hit him. "You're mean." He said with a frown and Taeyeon chuckled. "Call me noona one more time and I swear you will recieve not only that." Taeyeon said with a grin and Baekhyun looked away not because he was afraid of her but because he was trying to suppress the smile trying to escape from his lips.

"Oh, my bus is here. See you tomorrow Baekhyun, and thank you for helping me out. I owe you one." Taeyeon said as she watched the bus nearing them. "No problem." He replied. 

Anything I can do for you, he thought but then shook his head realizing what he mentally said. 

"See you tomorrow!" Taeyeon said as she dorkily waved him goodbye and jumped inside the bus. Seeing her do that, Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose and bowed down as his shoulders bounced up and down due to his laughter. 

Realizing what he was doing, Baekhyun took a deep breath to calm himself down and go home. 

 


"Good morning." A deep voice behind Baekhyun said as soon as he entered the school lobby. Turning around, Baekhyun chuckled when he saw that it was only Taeyeon with a smug grin on her face. "Good morning to you too, why are you so hyped up in the morning?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. 

"Must be the coffee I had this morning, too much sugar?" Taeyeon said or more like asked herself making Baekhyun chuckle. "What about you? Have you had breakfast?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "You?" He asked. 

"Just coffee." She said with a pout and was about to say something when Baekhyun quickly grabbed her wrist and before she knew it, she was being pushed down to sit on one of the cafeteria tables with a sandwich in her hands. 

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, don't skip it." Baekhyun said with a stern voice as he took a seat across her. Taeyeon pouted, "Can't help it." She answered while unwrapping the sandwich. "No wonder you're so skinny." Baekhyun said not even realizing what he said, Taeyeon looked at him incredulously. 

"You were checking me out?!" She faked a gasped and Baekhyun instantly panicked. "N-No, I-I.. It's not that!" Baekhyun defended waving his hands in the air like a criminal that got caught. Taeyeon laughed. "I was just kidding you." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun huffed. 

"But seriously speaking here, you should eat more." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I'll try." Taeyeon answered, her attention fully diverted on the sandwich she's eating. 

"No, you DO it." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. "Hmm." She answered. 

Baekhyun sighed. 

If she can't, then I will make sure she eats well. He thought. 

"By the way, aren't you supposed to be in the classroom by now?" Taeyeon asked upon finishing her sandwich. "It's alright, it's still early anyways." Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon raised her brows. "I'm telling the truth." He said with a deadpanned expression and Taeyeon chuckled, she was about to say something when a voice interrupted them. 

"Hey, yo Baekhyun!" 

It was Kai. 

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked, seemingly annoyed by his friend's sudden presence and seeing who Baekhyun was with, Kai stopped his pace and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I'm interrupting something aren't I?" He said and without waiting for the response from any of the two, Kai dashed away. 

"Is something wrong with him?" Taeyeon asked while looking at the way where Kai disappeared. "I don't know, he's just like that. Always." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I wonder why you two get along really well." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows. 

"Me and Kai?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. "Well, it's a long story but we didn't really get along really well at the start. But he's a good guy, I can assure you that." Baekhyun said with a smile and Taeyeon nodded her head deciding not to ask any further. Soon enough, the school bell rang signalling the students it was time to go to their respective rooms. 

"I'll see you later." Baekhyun said as he stood up from the table and grab his bag that was resting on the other vacant chair. 

"Yeah, see you." Taeyeon replied with a smile.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: UPDATE~ 

Now, I know the fluff in here is still not enough so hang on in there~ But where are my readers?! *cries*

Thanks for reading everyone!