Chapter 34

Amnesia

"Are you busy today?" Baekhyun asked as he took a seat beside Taeyeon inside the school library. Hearing the latter's voice, Taeyeon looked at Baekhyun and raised her brows. "Are you busy?" Baekhyun asked again and Taeyeon looked back to what she's doing then back to Baekhyun before shaking her head.

"Not that much." She answered before putting the pen down and completely diverting her attention to the latter sitting beside her. "Why?" She asked and Baekhyun scratched his nape before looking at her. "Let's.. go on a date?" He asked and Taeyeon chuckled.

"Sure." She answered and Baekhyun looked at her in disbelief. "Really?" Baekhyun asked, accidentally raising his voice in excitement making the other students look at them, Taeyeon then chuckled again. "Yes, why not?" Taeyeon said with a smile and Baekhyun grinned. 

"I just thought you'll reject me." He said with a pout and if not for the students around them, Taeyeon would have kissed him already. "I'm sorry if I kept rejecting and neglecting you the past few days. I just have a lot on my hands, but that doesn't mean I love you less, okay?" Taeyeon said while looking straight into his eyes and keeping her voice as low as possible afraid that someone might overhear their conversation.

"I know." He answered with a grin as he too fought the urge to kiss her. "I love you." He mouthed and Taeyeon giggled before pushing his face away as she resumed writing down notes on the paper in front of her. Expecting Taeyeon not to reply, Baekhyun diverted his eyes on the other sights at the library when he heard a faint 'I love you more' that made him smile.

Watching Taeyeon doing her work diligently, Baekhyun can only smile and unconsciously, tears brimmed around his eyes as he imagined his life without her.

She's really the one, he thought.

 

 

 

"Wow, you look like a complete idiot now." Kai sarcastically commented as soon as he saw Baekhyun hurriedly and haphazardly putting his things inside his bag." Taeyeon's waiting for me, I can't let her wait that long.” Baekhyun said, trying to fit all his things inside his bag and groaned when some of the contents fell on the floor.

“You're so whipped, you know?” Kai said and Baekhyun stopped what he's doing and faced Kai. “Say what you want to say.” He said before resuming back to putting the remaining things inside his bag.

“I won't say anything anymore, I can't meddle with the two of you. Just.. be careful.” Kai said before patting Baekhyun's shoulder and walking away only to stop when Baekhyun called him. “Kai.” He said making Kai stop his pace and turn around to look at him. “What?” Kai asked and Baekhyun smiled.

“Thank you.” He said and Kai waved his hand dismissing it.

“What are friends for?” He answered before walking out of the classroom leaving Baekhyun alone. Hurrying up, Baekhyun zipped his bag closed and dashed out of his classroom to run upstairs towards the intern's quarters.

Finally arriving, Baekhyun stopped as soon as he reached the last flight of stairs to take a deep breath. Shaking his head, Baekhyun walked towards the quaters' door and knocked and not long enough, Taeyeon came out.

“What happened to you?” She asked as soon as she saw him breathing hardly with sweats formed on his forehead and his shirt slightly damped at the upper part. "I ran upstairs." He answered with a sheepish smile and Taeyeon chuckled before taking out a handkerchief out from her pocket to wipe his sweat away.

"I'm not going anywhere, why are you in a hurry?" Taeyeon asked while still wiping his sweat away. "I don't want to keep you waiting." He answered letting Taeyeon do what she wants to do. "Silly." She answered before retreating her hand back only to stop when Baekhyun grabbed it and pulled it as he leaned in to kiss her.

She kissed him back, but as soon as she realized that they were still at school. Taeyeon immediately pulled away making Baekhyun look at her in confusion.

"We're still at school." She said and Baekhyun chuckled before leaning in to kiss her forehead instead.

“Sorry.” He said with a pout and Taeyeon looked around before giving him a quick kiss.

Realizing what she just did, Taeyeon chuckled before covering her face with the both of her hands.

Seeing the latter be that way, Baekhyun can only smiled as he pulled her hands away from face and held it tightly as he kissed it both. “You're making me fall for you more.” He said, instantly turning Taeyeon's flush red like it was the first time he had said those words to her.

“Stop it.” She whined and Baekhyun chuckled as he intertwined their fingers.

“Let's go?” He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head.

 

 

 

 


“Taeyeon?”

Baekhyun called as soon as he saw Taeyeon finishing her dinner. “Yes?” Taeyeon asked upon hearing his voice.

“Did you.. nevermind.” He said, dropping what he's about to say when Taeyeon looked at him questioningly. “Come on, what is it?” She asked and Baekhyun sighed as he scratched his nape. “I'm sorry.” He said and Taeyeon gave him a confused look. “Sorry? About?” She asked and Baekhyun frowned.

“For making you think that it's fine with me for you to disappointed instead of my parents.” He started and when Taeyeon was about to speak, he talked again. “I don't want to disappoint you or them. I just didn't know what to think right the moment I saw them, I'm saying this right now because I know that the night we talked isn't fully settled yet, I don't want you to sleep everynight with having the those thoughts that what you feel doesn't matter to me because it does, it really does.” Baekhyun continued. “Because,i kept thinking everynight that what I did was wrong, I never wanted to hurt you but I did.” He finished and Taeyeon smiled before reaching out to his cheek and gently patting it, the smile on her face never leaving.

“I understand.” She sincerely said and Baekhyun nodded. “I just want you to know.” He said and before Taeyeon could answer, her phone rang.

“I'll answer it first.” She said before taking her phone out from ehr bag and answer the call.

“Hello? Oppa?” Taeyeon said making Baekhyun stare at her in confusion.

What does that man need now? He thought.

“Okay, I'll be there. Wait for me, bye.” Taeyeon said before ending the called and putting it inside her bag again. “Who is it?” Baekhyun asked and mentally scolded him upon realizing what he just did.

“A friend.” Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“What does he want?” He asked, again mentally scolding himself for letting jealousy talk.

“He.. kind of needs me.” Taeyeon said cautiously afraid that the latter might get angry. Oblivious to the fact that Baekhyun already is.

“But I thought we'll go to the night market?” He asked trying to mask his anger towards the friend who called his girlfriend and Taeyeon can only give him a weak smiled.

“But..” Taeyeon trailed. “He needs me.” She continued making Baekhyun sigh, he tried his best not to show her his disappointment but failed.

“Go.”

That was the only thing he said.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Taeyeon's friend will be revealed soon enough~!