Chapter 23

Amnesia

"What happened to your face?!" Taeyeon asked in panic as soon as she caught if the bruise forming at the dge of Baekhyun's lips.

"It's nothing. Kai punched me while he was sleeping, must be a bad dream." Baekhyun said and stepped back in surprise when Taeyeon reached her hand out and caressed the bruised part. His cheeks grew warm by the contact, adding to the fact that Taeyeon's eyes were melting him. 

"You're lying." She said with a frown, her eyes still focused on him and Baekhyun knew he can't lie anymore. Firstly, he doesn't want to ruin their second date and secondly, he wants Taeyeon to trust him.  

He sighed. "I met Chanyeol at the park near my house. We talked." He said and Taeyeon raised her brows, giving him a look of doubt. 

"It's true, he came to make peace with me." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. "If you two just talked then you wouldn't end up having this." She said as she ran her hand gently over the bruise again.

"It was me who did that." Baekhyun said with a chuckle and Taeyeon looked at him questioningly. "You punched yourself?" She asked like an innocent kid making Baekhyun stop himself from pinching her cheeks. 

"No, I asked him to do that." Baekhyun said and when Taeyeon was about to open , he spoke again. 

"I know he feels bad now, not only because he feels guilty about what he had done but because his pride cannot take that the nerd he used to bully fought back." Bawkhyun said with a chuckle and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. "You're not a nerd though." She said, her brows still furrowed and her lips pouting. 

Baekhyun had to smile with that. 

"Thank you." He said. "But yeah, it's the only way for him to feel better about himself again so I let him." Baekhyun continued and Taeyeon frowned. 

"Did he punched you elsewhere, I swear if he did--"

"I'm fine, Taeyeon-ssi." Baekhyun said with a grin. "We're actually in good terms now. Well not really in good terms but at least he swore to stop bothering us anymore." He continued with a grin and Taeyeon smiled a little. 

"After all, I feel bad for him." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. 

"He got suspended from school, the council's still deciding whether to expel him or not. His father beats him up almost everyday, saying that he brought shame." Baekhyun said with a frown. "I'm partly at fault and I feel guilty." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon sighed, reaching both of her hands to cup his cheeks.

"You're a good guy, we'll find a way to help him. Alright?" Taeyeon asked while staring at his eyes and Baekhyun mindlessly nodded his head. Lost in her gaze. 

"So where are we going on our second date?" Taeyeon asked excitedly and Baekhyun chuckled. 

"You'll see." He said as he intertwined their hands and walked towards the pick-up truck.

 

 

"Good afternoon, Mr. Shin." Baekhyun said as he entered a store with Taeyeon in tow. "Oh, Baekhyun! It's been a while since you've been here and I told you not to call me Mr. Shin anymore." The old man said as he gotnout of the counter and greeted Baekhyun with a warm hug. Seeing Taeyeon standing behind Baekhyun the old man pulled away from the hug and smiled at Taeyeon.

"You are" He asked Taeyeon.

"Kim Taeyeon." She said as she did a bow making the man smile. "Good eyes, huh." He said as he nudged Baekhyun teasingly. 

"Ah, uncle stop it." Baekhyun said addressing the old man the way he wanted. "Sorry, sorry. So what made you come here and visit me young man?" The old man asked, glancing at Taeyeon who was silently staring at the music instruments displayed.

"Is it still available?" Baekhyun asked, pointing at the french doot at the far end corner of the store. "Of course, no one's there right now. You can use it." He said with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Thank you uncle." Baekhyun said and the old man waved his hands dismissing what Baekhyun said. "Just enjoy." He said and Baekhyun nodded his head and turned his head towards Taeyeon.

"Let's go." He said as he gently pulled her.

"You seem to know the owner well." Taeyeon said as they walked through the music instruments. "Yeah, my brother and I used to go here." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. Stopping in front of the french doors, Baekhyun smiled at Taeyeon. 

"What's there?" Taeyeon asked since the glass was hazy. "You'll see." He said as he pulled Taeyeon and pushed the doors open and in a second, Taeyeon felt like she's on a different world.

Racks of different music albums were neatly lined up. What made it more beautiful were the dimly oranged colored lights hanging around the way walls making it look like the color of the sunset together with a few rainbow colored lights. 

"You like it?" He asked and Taeyeon smiled. "I love it." She answered and Baekhyun pulled her deeper into the room. "My brother and I used to seat there." He said while pointing at a spot between two racks at  the corner of the room. 

"But we just seat om the floor, it has cushions though." Baelhyun said and before he knew it, Taeyeon already made her way to the floor and sat with the cushion on her lap. 

"Come here." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled before approaching her. Taking a seat across her, Baekhyun took time to admire her beauty. 

"Oh, there are headphones here. We can listen to music." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled. "There's actually a small speaker there and since it's just the two of us, use it instead." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon for the speaker Baekhyun mentioned and saw it under the CD player. "I'll plug the cable." He said as he leaned in closer making their faces inches away from each other. 

"There done." He said and pulled away making Taeyeon clear awkwardly, Baekhyun smiled.

"Oh, I like this song." Taeyeon said as she took an album out from the rack and took the CD out from it. Putting it on the player, Taeyeon smiled when the music started to play.

I can't move because my heart flutters when you look at me.

She started to sing along with the song. 

Why I can't say a word?

She continued.

I love you, for me you are the only one.

Their eyes met and Taeyeon stopped singing. It was like she waa lost in his eyes and as for him, he felt like drowning into those emotions Taeyeon's eyes convey. 

The song continued and both are just looking at each other's eyes. Drowning themselves into their own little world, not caring about anything. 

"Taeyeon?" Baekhyun spoke up. 

"Hmm."

"I think.." He trailed and Taeyeon looked at him encouragingly. He took a deep breath. 

"I love you." He confessed, and she was lost for words. He knew it was too soon to tell her that, not when they're still not official but it will kill him if he didn't get it out of his chest. 

That's how much he had grown to like her. 

Closing his eyes, Baekhyun disregarded all of his thoughts and fears away as he slowly leaned in and kissed her only to pull back after a few seconds, it was enough for him to convey what he feels for her. 

Opening his eyes, Baekhyun was about to lean back when Taeyeon wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. Initiating their kiss this time, and he knew right at that moment what she felt for him. 

He knew when he felt her smile. 

____________________________________________________________

A/N: *pukes rainbows and lights up fireworks*

Okay~ I know some of my readers are doing their victory dances now *laughs* 

BUT!

I will be updating, but I won't promise to do it everyday since I'll be very busy this week but I'll squeeze in some time to still post chapters. Don't hate this author *cries* I'm only human. 

Thank you for reading *bows*