The Letters

Maybe We?

 


CHAPTER 31.2

 

"Read it loud! Read it loud! Read it loud!" the students inside the locker room cheered and chanted for Dahyun as they found out that Dahyun is checking the love letter that Nayeon gave to her. Dahyun regrets how loud she announced that she will read Nayeon's love letter earlier in their classroom to convince Nayeon to talk with her first.  Now, she was surrounded with her schoolmates and classmates even her friends are part of it.

 

"Dahyun, open your locker now and see the love letter!!" one of her schoolmate unpatiently shouted.

 

 Dahyun palms is sweating right now on how she was so nervous to read Nayeon's love letter, it's not that she didn't like it but thinking that Nayeon is confessing to her makes her feel giddy and nervous how her heart beat pounds crazily when she will read it. It's more nerve-wrecking that many students are watching her reaction and know what Nayeon wrote in the love letter.

 

To stop this situation, she slowly unlock her locker and after that she open it. The students screamed wildly  as they are really excited and once again they chanted again "Read it loud! Read it loud! Read it loud!" they repeated. Her friends are cheering too but she notices that Tzuyu and Sana are not there with them.

 

When she opened her locker, she saw the love letter is in the top of her books inside. This is too good to be true~ Everyone squeal as they saw the love letter inside Dahyun's locker. The love letter is color pink and decorated with many flower stickers that makes you feel like it was really a love letter, Dahyun suddenly feel that it's really spring today. Her heart warms when she hold the love letter and continue to examine. This style was surely from Im Nayeon because she really likes girly stuffs like pinks and flowers.  When Dahyun flip the love letter she saw a small note.

 

I'm sorry for doing this... 
From IM NAYEON :)

 

 "Why she is apologizing?" Dahyun thought to herself. It's big relief that people give her distance reading Nayeon's love letter.

 

She open the love letter and she take out the paper inside of it as she read what Nayeon wrote.

 

Dahyun's face becomes gloomy and stiff and everyone noticed it quickly so they ask Dahyun.


"Dahyun-ah, what she said?" Chaeyoung nudge Dahyun's elbow.

 

Dahyun blankly stare the letter. Dahyun gulps slowly and her schoolmates become unpatient so they cheer her again.


"Read it loud! Read it loud! Read it loud!"


"Uhmmm... I can't read it loud to all of you guys.. This is so personal for Nayeon." Dahyun said whle she closes the letter.


"Yes, of course it was personal for both of you but can you just tell us a little bit about her love letter. Did she confess?" Jungyeon asked to Dahyun and everyone agrees with it.


When she is preparing to speak, someone interrupted her.

 

"Dahyun-ah!!!!" Tzuyu ran to Dahyun. Dahyun just looked at her confusedly.


"Sana is crying now because of Nayeon's love letter. She's thinking that she is no longer have a chance on you. I tried so hard to stop her but still she is crying. I think she needs you now." Tzuyu whispered to her ear.

 

Dahyun looked at Tzuyu and she nodded, she softly replied to her " Wait, let me finish this first. I will go with you."

 

Dahyun clears and she bagan to speak "Everyone, Im Nayeon doesn't confess to me and she didn't gave me a love letter. This is just a simple letter from her. This is a big misunderstanding."


"Awwwww~~~" Everyone said with their disappointed face.


"So if that is just a simple letter then what does it contain? What do you mean simple letter?" a student bravely asked Dahyun confidently. 


Dahyun thinks so hard how to let this pass, she don't want to let others know what it was written in the letter. So she keeps thinking what kind of lie she will tel to everyone and she hopes they believe her words because this is so personal for her not to Nayeon as she used to her excuse earlier.

 

"hmmmm... She wrote there... about.... having.... a..... . . . . SORE THROAT!!" Dahyun said it loudly and everyone is very confuse from what she just said.

 

Dahyun continued "My classmates notice how Nayeon is so quiet and don't like to talk right now and it was very rare for someone like Im Nayeon. You know all how she loves to talk to everyone but today is the exception. When you think about it, she should defend herself from all this misunderstanding that she sends me a love letter but now look at her, she just ignore it, doing nothing. She even doesn't even make a move. She is not fine based from she what she wrote to me. She wrotes there that she is very sorry for her condition and she cannot do the rehearsals with me. This is an apologize letter or an excuse letter that we usually we give when we are absent because of sickness or emergency. She wrote to me that she can't unable to talk, since we are partners, she knows I can understand this things as I watch her doing her responsibilty really well than me. Honestly, I really thought that this is a love letter and I'm just thinking how to face her after I read this. Did you see her talk to someone?" Dahyun asked in the end of her statemnet and everyone just shook their heads.


"That's right!! I earlier and she just rest there and ignore me. Usually Nayeon will talk back with these things especially about her! So I can say that Dahyunnie is right!! Ask our classmates, she really don't talk to us even once. We never hear her voice today!" Jungyeon enthuasically explained that Dahyun's are all truth because to her belief Nayeon will act like that if there is a problem. 

 

Dahyun silently give a thanks to Jungyeon to her mind because from what Jungyeon said, everyone can understand what are she saying earlier.  "Oh... I was so grateful that Jungyeon uses her brain to defend me.. Thanks, Jungyeon-ah!! I don't know how to make everyone believes me at this moment." Dahyun thought.

 

With that, the students have been gathered here inside the locker room slowly decreasing as they went out and go to their own things that they must doing. Only Tzuyu left in the locker room with Dahyun. Dahyun lean her body to her locker and she tuck the letter inisde her blazer which has a big pocket. Dahyun deeply exhaled and wipes her sweat from her forehead. That was so close. 

 

"Are you alright? I heard that we don't have classes today because they have a long meeting. We will just use this day for the rehearsals." Tzuyu asked her. Dahyun forgotten that Tzuyu is with her because she will go with her to Sana who is still crying now.

 

"Oh really, I'm fine... Let's go.. Sana might make a river for crying much." Dahyun jokely said as they went together going to the mini park in their school grounds.


They walked over there and they spotted the girl is sobbing with her head low. Dahyun got an idea to make Sana stop crying. 

 

"Tzuyu, let's hide. I will suprise her." Dahyun smiled and Tzuyu just followed Dahyun's instructions going behind the trees until they reach near to Sana's back.  Tzuyu just standing there, waiting Dahyun on what she would do to Sana.

 

To Tzuyu's suprise,  Dahyun traps Sana with her arms. She is backhug Sana from behind and she comfortably rested her chin to other's girl shoulders.

 

Tzuyu felt sting of pain inside her heart. Watching them up close, her knees are going weak. She silently stared to the two that seems that they are enjoying each other's warmth. From the eye of the corner of Tzuyu, she can see Sana smiled to Dahyun. Tzuyu shut her eyes tightly as she did not want to see this anymore. 

 

"Dahyun can make her stop crying while me I do everything to make her stop but still she doesn't stop crying to me. Futhermore, Dahyun can make her smile after she cried. Tzuyu-ah, you're so pitiful." Tzuyu thought to herself while her eyes closed.

 

"Dubu-ah.. What are you doing?" Sana asked her while making small giggles.

 

Tzuyu added to her thoughts when she heard Sana " You can make her laugh. This is unbelieveable for me. I can't make her laugh like that."

 


Sana is very glad that Dahyun is more affectionate and clingy towards to her right now. She's is too suprise to see Dahyun these kind of things that she will never thought that Dahyun will initiate it.

 

"Why are you crying?" Dahyun cutely asked while pouting.

 

"Hmmm...." Sana hums while enjoying Dahyun's hug.

 

"I am jealous.." Sana bluntly answered.


"Wae?" Dahyun innocently asked.

 

"You received love letter from Nayeon. I know that you are kinda a----"


"Stop." Dahyun cutted her words before she blurts out something that might Sana hurt.

 

"Let me explain this to you..." Dahyun said while she turn her face to the side facing Sana closely.

 

"I don't receive love letter from her. It just an excuse letter."

 

"What???!!!" Sana exclaimed and she turn her head more to Dahyun's face. They don't notice how her face is so close that they can feel their hot breathes from their lips. Sana hold her breathe. Dahyun is still back hugging her. Sana reaches Dahyun's face slowly while looking at her lovingly. Dahyun just stared at her.

 

"I thought I will lose you." Sana said getting closer to Dahyun's lips.

 

Tzuyu can't stand this any longer. She needs to stop this!  She open her eyes and see that they were about to kiss. Tzuyu becomes alert with that because any time they might have a kiss again and Tzuyu don't want to witness it up-close. She may faint when she see that.  She quickly make a way in front of them and she makes a fake coughs.


"*Coughs* We are in school, we are in public.. Don't make PDA here.. Stop it.. *coughs* coughs*" Tzuyu silently warned them and she was grateful that Dahyun distracted from Tzuyu's warning so she pull herself.

 

Because of Tzuyu, they broke their intense eye-contact , Sana's attempt to kiss Dahyun and Dahyun unwraps her arms from Sana as she stood up. Dahyun feels so embarass at Tzuyu.


Tzuyu looks down to the ground as she asked " So are you okay now? I bring Dahyun here to stop you crying and it seems that it's really effective because you really enjoy with her." Tzuyu said while her eyebrow lifted up as she looked to Sana who is smiling to her.

 

"Thanks, Tzuyu-ah!!! You're really the best!!!" Sana brightly said and after that she tightly hug her bestfriend who is taken back from her actions.


TZUYU'S POV


When the moment I hug her back, the moment that I realize that I should.. should.. forget this crazy feelings for her. I need to stop this. Sana doesn't deserve to lose a bestfriend. She needs me as her bestfriend, nothing more. I can feel that Sana is patting my back as her gratitude maybe. I lean my head to her shoulders like I always doing when I hug her. I can see in my peripheral vision that she is looking at Dahyun who is smiling at us and she gladly returned her smile.  Meanwhile, I closes my eyes when I let a lone tear falls from my eye. I inhaled to smell Sana's scent I will surely miss when I let my feelings go away. I was so tired of hiding my feelings, I am so tired pretending that I am perfectly fine in front of her, I am tired hoping that one day she realizes how significant in her life my existence and mostly, I am too tired of myself for being coward who can't confess her love to her precious bestfriend. I decided that to stop all of this. This is the last chance I will make Sana realize my true feelings that have been keep for the long time.

 

I let out a shaky breathe as I told to myself to be strong, I hold her firmly as I whispered very very softly to her ear with eyes tightly shut.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you... but I give up."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the moment I opened my eyes, I can feel that she tightened her embrace as she wraps her arms very securely in my waist. Did she heard it? I guess so. Why she tighten it up? She doesn't want let me go? Ughhh!! You confuse me. Tzuyu! You need to stop this,okay. It was nothing!

 

I slowly remove Sana's arms from me and I looked at her sincerely. She just stared at me unknowningly. I give her a small smile and I came closer to her to pat her head and ruffles her hair like my pet.

 

"I will go somewhere. I will leave you two. Maybe Nayeon is looking for me. Don't cry anymore because Dahyun is there to stop you." I excused.

 

"Tzuyu?..." Sana muttered.

 

"Yes I will! Sana, you heard your bestfriend so stop crying. Thanks Tzuyu-ah!!" Dahyun happily beamed.


I give them my best reasurring smile and I saluted them, Dahyun happily waves her hand to me while I starting walking away from them. When the moment I turn my back from them, I can feel my eyes is starting to brim.

 

Dahyun is very happy with her, she surely likes her her back. Why I am such a fool thinking that I still have a chance? I cannot even confess to her yet I am expecting her to at least like me as a lover way. Tzuyu, this is no good for you. Friends are friends. I don't want to break our 4 year friendship because of me liking her. This is such a waste!Ughhhhh! This is frustating.

 


NO ONE'S POV


"Hi~ Tzuyu!!!" a voice called Tzuyu's name, waving at her but the other girl just ignore her still walking ahead.


"Tzuyu??" the small girl repeated.


"Yah! What's your problem?" she asked worriedly while went rushing to the tall girl.


The tall girl is bending her head down and she keep refusing to look at the small girl  because her eyes got really red and swollen from crying while walking 

 

"Tzuyu! Look at me! Why are you crying??!" the small girl is persitent to bring the tall girl's face up. 


"Don't worry. My eyes caught something that makes me teary."

 

"You're lying! Come with me! We need to talk about this!" 


"But I am not--------"

 

"COME WITH ME!" Chaeyoung angrily said as she furiously grab Tzuyu's hand and look where they can talk privately.

 

Chaeyoung knows that Tzuyu got problems these days but Tzuyu pretends she is fine. She noticed that Tzuyu is always smiling at them but her smile is very suspicious, it's not the real Tzuyu's smile. She knows Tzuyu a lot because they been classmates for 3 years and she treats Tzuyu as her true bestfriend before but the latter treats her other friend more likely as her bestfriend and it was their Japanese friend, Sana. They both closed to each other before as she taught Tzuyu in Hangul/Korean Language when she arrived here in their school. Chaeyoung is technically first friend of Tzuyu like Kim Dahyun. This year have some changes because they are no longer classmates. Chaeyoung was glad that they are still friends despite they are in other sections.  Their closeness been forgotten because Chaeyoung has Dahyun who is now her seatmate and great friend. So she is very concern and feel guilty to see her former bestfriend lonely, she immediately asked Tzuyu when they sitted on one of the benches.

 

"Tell me what's wrong? I know you, Tzuyu." Chaeyoung's face turns to be super serious.


"Chaeyoung, this is nothing. Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it." Tzuyu denied and faked smile that there is nothing wrong with her.

 

"No! I know you have it! Don't be shy telling me. We are friends for over 4 years now. Maybe I can help you." 

 

Tzuyu chuckled in chaeyoung's statement and she asked her "You can help me? Wow! This is great! I will tell you then."


"What is it?" Chaeyoung nervously asked.

 

"Promise me that you will help me this..." Tzuyu raised her pinky finger.


Chaeyoung thought "What??!! I am too scare to make promises!! but fine... I trust you.."


"Promise..."  Chaeyoung answered as they make their pinky finger interwined and their thumb pressed.


Chaeyoung anticipate the next words will slip in Tzuyu's mouth as she looked at her intently.

 

"I want to love someone...." Tzuyu said while bitterly smiling at her. Chaeyoung felt nervous when Tzuyu said that, she don't have an idea where this end up.

 


"And then..??  Who someone are you talking about?" 


Tzuyu exhales and looked at her more intensely "It was Sana before but............"


Silence.....


 

 

"But now.. I want to love you, Chaeyoung-ah"

 


Chaeyoung eyes widen as she cannot believe what she heard from Tzuyu's words. She quickly responded it in panickly.

 


"What???!! Are you kidding me, Chou Tzuyu? Did you have fever now? Why me????!"

 

Tzuyu smiles and said "You're the person who catches me when I fall down. I just fall down on my fragile earlier. You caught and save me, Chaeng."

 

Chaeyoung was speechless. She didn't know how to deal this girl.

 

"Tzuyu... Did you know what are you saying? What can I help you for that if I already save you? I can't understand."

 

"Just.... stay with me as I pour all my love from her to you."

 

"Tzuyu...." Chaeyoung mumbles.

 

"I know I shouldn't do this but... I need it.. I'm sorry for being selfish but you just promised.. promised me that you can help me to get rid my feelings for Sana." Tzuyu starting to cry again for begging desperately. She thinks this is the most effective way to forget the fluttering feelings she felt when she's with her bestfriend.

 

Chaeyoung lift Tzuyu's face and she wipes the other girl's tears from her cheeks. It's first time for Chaeyoung to see Tzuyu cries, she thought that Tzuyu is bravest girl she known because she didn't see her cry before.

 


"Do you think I can do it? Do you think it will work?" Tzuyu asked like a kid who lacks of trust to herself in between of her sobs.

 

"I don't know. I am not expert when it comes to love because I don't experienced it in my whole life." Chaeyoung honestly said while patting Tzuyu's shoulders.

 

Tzuyu looks up to her and said "What?? You're an expert! You watched a lot of romantic drama series and movies so you can know what feeling of being in love too." 


"It's different, Tzuyu.." Chaeyoung absently said.

 

"Did you love someone else before?" Tzuyu asked.

 

"I think I haven't. I am just contented for having a crush, not love." Chaeyoung answered. It's nice that Tzuyu is already calm now.

 

"It's good to you that you don't feel it because when you feel it, you can feel hurt too. They are perfect combination, you know." Tzuyu chuckled.


"I know, that's why I don't let myself falling in love easily to someone. " 

 

"But it's okay to you that I will love you from now on?" Tzuyu faced Chaeyoung straightly. She added "I mean that you don't need to reciprocate my love, I just want to love someone else to forget her unless you have feelings for me."

 

Their talk is getting intense. Feeling the air change around them abruptly. 

 

"You sounded like I am your rebound or you are using me." Chaeyoung mockingly said. Tzuyu feels stupis for her favor. To Tzuyu's suprise, Chaeyoung come closer to her and reach a hand to hold onto Tzuyu's  tightly.

 

"When I say that I will love you too, are you willing to accept it and let's get real." Chaeyoung blurted out. Tzuyu can only stared at her and silence where indulge them, staring in each other's eyes.

 

Are she willing to accept that she can't love her bestfriend anymore and just love the person who is there ready to love her without any complaints or doubts? Are she ready to change her heart?

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you ready?" Tzuyu calmly asked while she squezzed the other's girl hands tightly.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung surely nodded her head and smiles at her "Of course I am. I promised to you, remember?"

 

Tzuyu exhales deeply and said " I don't want to be fast in this kind of things. I got trauma for being so excited when it comes to love. So...."

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu take Chaeyoung's hands and she kissed it softly  and said " Chaeyounggie~ Let me make you fall in love with me."

 

"Tzuyu..... Don't do this to me." 

---


The students once came back to their classrooms after the revelation of the love letter. They came back there and noticed that Nayeon is still sleeping, don't give any damn for her rumoured love letter. They now believed it now. As they care a lot to Nayeon, they went there and remove the book above her head, they caressing her head while saying:


"Take rest, Nayeon. I'm sorry for teasing you.." Jungyeon said while patting my back.

 

"You do a lot of things for us. Don't worry, Dahyun will do everything today as you excuse to her." Taeyong said.

 

"We are sorry that we don't understand your condition now. You must be really tired yelling to us. We promise that we will get better in the performances once you get well. " Hoshi apologetically said.

 


"Get well soon, Nayeonnie!!!" Somi cheered.

 


"What the hell are they saying? What's about my condition now? What get well and rest? I don't understand them all!!" Nayeon thought when she heard her classmates worrying her while she still pretending sleeping.

 

They added up more detailed information. "Having a sore throat is really , you can feel pain everytime when you gulp. Why Nayeon still came here  if she have sore throat?" Wonwoo asked.

 

"Shoooottttt!!! Dahyun makes me have a sore throat! " Nayeon thought.

 


"She will doing nothing here today because we will rehearse for the whole day. She needs to go home now." her classmate named Jooheon said.

 

"WHAT??!!! KIM DAHYUN !! WHAT DID YOU TELL THEM!! I WILL KILL YOU IF I JUST DON'T LIKE YOU*JOKE* YOU KNOW THAT WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR RESTING!! WHOLE DA-YYYY! WHOLE DAY!! IT CONTAINS A LOT OF TIME! AND YOU WILL MAKE ME GO HOME EARLY!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!" Nayeon blabbers between her breaths.


"Right!! She needs to go home and get rest."  a familiar voice that Nayeon wanting to choke who came in front of her desk and whispered to her closely.

 

"Nayeon, let's talk. I know you're awake and you heard them. I know you are confused." Nayeon get quickly from her desk and their classmates asking some questions  to her condition. Of course, Nayeon just smiled at them and pretend that she can't talk.

 

"Thanks God I heard from Wonwoo that I got sore throat. But still I am angry!! Why Dahyun use that excuse??! I can't just doing nothing today when they let us rehearse for the whole day! This is once in a blue moon for us! She needs to explain all of this!!" Nayeon sulked while Dahyun is taking her somewhere else.

 

They came to the library that has a few students there and they went to the fartthest book sections that no one can saw them.

 

"Let me go! Why you did you use that excuse?! You know that teachers gave us a plenty time to rehearse and you just let me absent because I have a SORE.THROAT."

 


"Oh.. you already know. I thought I need to explain it more." Dahyun sheepishly said and she continued "Did you know that I really do my best to tell them that you don't send me a love letter especially telling them that you don't confess to me. Aishhh! Are you not grateful for what I done?" 

 


Nayeon can manage to laugh how Dahyun explained her hardship and she thought to herself "If you just shut your mouth earlier in the classroom, they will not follow you to your locker."

 

"I appreciate that but at least make another excuse than I having a sickness or whatever."

 

"Like what???" Dahyun knitted her eyebrow.

 

Nayeon tries so hard what she can make excuse for a letter."Like  a thanksgiviing letter!!"

 

Dahyun groans" They will tease us more about that even I don't really receive a love letter.... Hey! I should be the one who is angry at you!"


(FLASHBACK IN THE LOCKER ROOM EARLIER)


 

I'm sorry for doing this... 
From IM NAYEON :)

 

 "Why she is apologizing?" Dahyun thought to herself. It's big relief that people give her distance reading Nayeon's love letter.

 

She open the love letter and she take out the paper inside of it as she read what Nayeon wrote.


Dear Hyunnie,
Annyeonghaseyo, I know you are still mad at me. First, I want to apologize for using Nayeon as my bridge to send this letter for you. I am the one who seek for help not her. Please don't be angry at her. Second, I want to apologize all the bad things I've done before. I'm really feel sorry for doing that. Did you know how much I regretted and bothered it a lot? I want to graduate in highschool with an ease at heart, Hyunnie.. Could you give me a second chance to prove you that I regretted it all? I really want to end this conflicts and I want to apologizeto you personally before I graduated. Can we talk this things more? Can we meet at the mini garden by the end of your rehearsals later? I will wait you until you show up there. I hope you accept my favor. I miss you, Hyunnie and let's catch up!! 

                                                                                                                                                                                    From the person you want to forget,
                                    Yeonnie,


Dahyun's face becomes gloomy and stiff and everyone noticed it quickly so they ask Dahyun.

 

"Dahyun-ah, what she said?" Chaeyoung nudge Dahyun's elbow.

 

Dahyun blankly stare the letter. Dahyun gulps slowly and her schoolmates become unpatient so they cheer her again.

 

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 


"Since when, Nayeon?" Dahyun raised her eyebrow while holdng the letter.

 

"It's just last week when she talked to me personally because she wants me to get away from Yugyeom and she wants me to talk to you. She's the reson why I know that Yugyeom is bad. I lied to her for saying that I am his girlfriend makes me guilty so she requested me to send that letter to you and probably help her to get a way to you two get well together and bring back your old friendship to her. She's so nice to me." Nayeon explained.

 

"I understand now... But I am thinking this first. It's not easy for me to see her again. It might I cause a trouble again." Dahyun chuckles and Nayeon smiles a bit from her little laugh.

 

"Oh okay then.. Don't force yourself if you can't. But.. H-how about me? I am perfectly fine and you want me to go home after this talk." Nayeon huffed.

 


"You need to go home, Nayeon-ah~ I cannot make any reasons why are you're still here while we are rehearsing." Dahyun cutely said as she take Nayeon both hands and holding it firmly.

 

"Omo! What's happening to me!! Why I feel shy right now? Dahyun... How can I resist you?" Nayeon thought while keeping her composure stable and acting that she didn't mind that Dahyun is holding her hands.

 

"You can! Instead of supervising them, I will just watch them to know the changes and maybe you will let me do the backdrops." Nayeon suggested.

 

"I'm  thinking about it. Let's go, I need to start the rehearsals." Dahyun answered.

 

"How about me~???" Nayeon asked again but this time she pouted. Dahyun smiled at her softly. She tiptoed a bit before planting a peck onto Nayeon's lip. 

 

A pair of lips pressed against hers.


Nayeon's eyes popped wide open.

 

"Did she just kissed me again? Am I dreaming?" Nayeon thought to herself.

 

Nayeon still has her jaws hanged and Dahyun thinks that it is really cute. Dahyun reached Nayeon's chin before closing the latter 's mouth slowly.

 

"Squirtle!!! Let's go now! " Dahyun said when the other girl is still not moving to her place.

 

"Squirtle,  do you want me to kiss you again?" Dahyun asked her while smirking at her. Because of that, Nayeon's mind went back to her senses and replied "What??! No way! Do you think I like your kiss?  Come on, I don't want to receive another kiss from you."


Nayeon quickly bowed her head from embarassment and she heard Dahyun laughed.

 

Dahyun just laughed how hilarious Nayeon was.  "Squirtle is cuter when she is annoyed."

--------------


While everyone is rehearsing in the auditorium, Nayeon left in their classroom, advancing reviewing like Dahyun commanded her when she dropped off Nayeon in their classroom. She couldn't sleep and doing nothing because it's just wasting her precious time. While reading her textbook her phone suddenly vibrates and she looked the person who's texted her.

 


From: Kim Yugyeom
Hey, I know you don't want to see me now but can we meet after I went back home in Gyeonggido? Let's meet up later at the Bulgogi shop outside in our school this lunch. I have something important to tell you...

 

"What will I do? Dahyun will be mad at me when she knows that Yugyeom wants me to meet him."

 

Nayeon keep looking the message many times and thinking what she needs to do.

 

Nayeon sighed and she said to herself "This might be important." 


--------------------

 

Nayeon came to the Bulgogi shop that Yugyeom told her to go and she saw the familiar figure waiting for her.

 

"I'm glad you accepted my invitation. Let's order first so we can eat and talk comfortably." Yugyeom offer the chair to Nayeon but she shrugs.

 

"No... I already ate my lunch. I came here to know what important you need to tell me.I'm not wasting my time here, I need to go back in school at 12. I am busy." Nayeon coldy replied.

 

"Just a coffee or drinks, this will take time a LOT." Yugyeom emphasizes his last word. With that, Nayeon sitted across him and give a small nod to Yugyeom. Nayeon interrupted him "While waiting the drinks, could you tell me right now because you said that this will take a LOT of time and I am in  hurry."Nayeon annoyingly said.

 

"Okay.." Yugyeom take deep brethes and handed a letter from his bag. Nayeon stared at it and she knows what it means.

 

"I told you many times that I don't want to read that." Nayeon complained.

 

"Nayeon, you must read this.. Jinyoung give this to me to send it to you. He still cares about you."

 

"No! You're saying that because you two are bestfriends! You don't what I feel! I am fine now, Yugyeom. REALLY FINE! I don't want to be fool again hoping that he will come back to me! I-I can't accept that.." Nayeon refused.


"Please.. I'm begging you. Read it when I'm still here."


He added.


" Take this. Because of this letter I try to be close to you so I can comfort you when you read this. I know you are so hurt when he left you and I know you need someone to lean on. When I saw you again, I thought this things."  Yugyeom said as he pass the letter to Nayeon.


Nayeon feels guilty when she heard Yugyeom's words. She feel that Yugyeom comes with her to comfort her when she is ready to read the letter so she did. She is ready to read the letter that she keeps refusing from the day she saw Yugyeom in the hospital. Nayeon knows that she will cry over this letter. Jinyoung means a lot to Nayeon. He was her first love. She opened the letter slowly.


When she saw the first words, tears are flowing in Nayeon's face, remembering their love before.

 

Dear My Princess~, ("He still calls me that..." Nayeon thought)
I'm sorry to make you suffer and hurt you badly. I still love you.. but I can't.  I can't defend our love to your parents and for my parents TOO.. I want badly defended it to your parents to prove them that I really love you but there something bad came up when we are having that problem. It was same case for me Nayeon-ah. They don't want you for me. Do you remember the day I just texted you that I will leave you... it's the same day that they decided me forcedly to married a girl named Kim Dahyun which is Yugyeom's cousin because you know that our parents are partners for some business and they wanted me to love her because she's a type of person who don't have interest in love. You know I already saw her, she's looks like you too and you two are in same year. But still, I can't do that. I never want that and I'm sure that's the same case for her. We move to Seoul to arrange these stuffs and probably make us be closer until our marriage. I do everything to change it but my father still persitent to continue this. If they give me chance to let me go, I always want to go back to you. I don't know how my life without you, my princess....  I really love you from my deepest of my heart.. and I will fight everything who is against from us.
                                From your prince, Jinyoung.

 


Nayeon can feel her heart sinked and stop beating for a while when she saw that NAME, that name she never expected to see from his letter. This is the reason why Nayeon don't want to read that letter because she feels that there is something really really bad.  Nayeon's hand are shaking as she read it more and her eyes are very damped. From all the people why Dahyun should be involved? Nayeon keeps asking these when she saw the letter. She don't know why world is cruel for her? The person she love now is marrying the person she loved before. That's really ridiculous it sounded. Yugyeom just staring at their worriedly while she is waiting Nayeon to speak up.

 

 

"I don't know if who's the person you crying at?"Yugyeom asked her.

 

"You know about this?" Nayeon said without bothering looking at Yugyeom.

 

"Yes.. I know it all. " Yugyeom softly said and Nayeon just chuckled at her like she is going crazy "That's why you want me to comfort because Dahyun can't do that. She can't do that because she is the all reason why he left me. That's awful.... He will marry her so Dahyun can have love life because she don't have interest in love. That's the most stupid reason!! Tell it to him!" Nayeon chokely said while laughing and crying at the same time.

 


"Nayeon...." Yugyeom called her to stop.

 

"No... Dahyun never mention this to me. She know about this?"  

 

"I don't know.. But I know Uncle who want this for her and I think Auntie opposed to it. This is not final though.. But Jinyoung's parents are really persitent do this because Jinyoung once try to ran away from them and they don't want it to happen again so they forcedly him to marry her as his punishment." Yugyeom explained and he added "I pitied Dahyun but I am more worried to you, so I keep you away from her so you can forget your feelings for her. I told you that she will just hurt you, Nayeon but you still don't listen to me." 

 


Nayeon just stared at her with puffed eyes from crying earlier and now she is crying again. She can't stop crying. She don't know what to do. Nayeon is very confuse now which person she should fighted for.. Dahyun or Jinyoung? She admits to herself when she saw that Jinyoung left her with acceptable reason, she feel like her hearts light up in a moment but when she saw the person she love now is the reason why he left her, the light earlier was exploded and crashed into many pieces.

 


All can Nayeon do is hug the person who is front of her now. She can't take this anymore. Yugyeom can just accepted the hug she is giving to him. He caress her har and saying "Stop crying.. You're getting late going back to school."

 

How can Nayeon stop this? This is too much for her! She can't even go out now because she's too afraid from truth... Truth.. It was always pain in Nayeon's heart. Truth.. She feel suffocated.. She just want to ran away from the truth but it never works that way. 

 

Nayeon release her arm from Yugyeom, she grab her things and went out without a goodbye. She feels pitiful.. really pitiful... Nayeon's feet decided to go back home instead of going back to school because she didn't want to let them see that real Nayeon. The Im Nayeon who always crying, sad and especially miserable. It's first time that she want go back to her home badly.

 


-------------

 

The lunch is over and everyone got back to the auditorium to continue practicing. While Dahyun is having lunch with the gang, she got an idea on how can Nayeon attend the practice with a voice. 

 

"I will tell her that she got the best medicine for sore throat then magically it's gone so she can talk to them again." Dahyun thought as she munching her kimbap during lunch time but she is suprise that Nayeon is not present for afternoon class. She is worried what happen to her so she texted her but she don't receive any reply, she even called her many times but still the other girl is not answering her calls.

 


"Goddamn! Why is she not answering my call? What happen to her?" Dahyun asked herself as she making herself dizzy for walking back and forth while holding her phone. She spotted a person might can help to her problem so she approached the person."Hey, Tzuyu.. Did you saw Squirtle?" Dahyun asked.

 


Tzuyu eyes went wide and she nervously replied "N-no... I left her with you, right? Why you asking me that?"

 


Dahyun was confuse to Tzuyu's answer and seconds pass she quickly understand Tzuyu's anwer so she quickly anawered "No~ It's not Sana I been looking for. I was looking for Nayeon. I think you misheard me for squirtle to squirrel." 

 


"Ahh!!! I thought you said squirrel! HELL! Who gave Nayeon and Sana looks like the same nicknames? My answer is still no because Nayeon texted me that she don't feel fine so she went home. Why are you looking her, Miss Kim?"

 


"I'm worried that she got harm or might bad happens to her. I don't want her to get hurt again." Dahyun said.

 

"Huh? Why are you worried to her? I am getting so confuse which do you love Kim Dahyun? Earlier, you're so sweet with Sana and now you're like her mom who is super worried to her child." Tzuyu thought to herself while she walking away from Dahyun.

 


Dahyun sighed said to herself "I thought she will accompanying me going to Yeonnie later so I can control my anger but it seems that I am destined to meet her by myself again."

 

 

--------------------

 

That day, time past quickly as they never both expected that few minutes they will meet again. Kei is now sitting now in the bench with her clasped hands as she prays that Dahyun will come and meet her. She's been waiting for 10 minutes here in the mini garden where she mentioned to her letter. Kei don't know why Nayeon never replied her back from her previous text and she started to worry that Dahyun gets angry to her so Nayeon is mad at her too. If Nayeon is mad it means that she don't have a chance to meet Dahyun because she is sure that Dahyun is still more mad to her. Kei keeps glancing to her sides if there is any signs of popular Kim Dahyun but it doesn't have. She looked over to her watch and it strucks to 6:17.. anytime it will get darker here and it's scarier staying here. But she promised to herself that she will never leave until Dahyun came up. While Kei is busying on her thoughts, some footsteps from far away can be hear. Kei quickly get up from the bench and walk over to the direction she heard some footsteps.

 

Walking ahead, she saw a white pale girl wandering around and she seems like looking for someone else and she knows that she is the person who exactly been looking for. So Kei hide in the trees while looking to the person and she waits herself to calm her heart because she was really nervous on what Dahyun reacted when she saw her. Kei smiled to herself and thought "Her face never changed. She still cute."

 

Kei takes deep breathe as she prepared herself to face her. In matter of time, she manages walk out behind the tree and she called the person on her nickname "Hyunnie....."

 


 " Yeonnie..." Dahyun said as the girl full of bangs appeared to her sight. " Yeah, it's me, Yeonnie. I need to talk to you." Kei answered while making steps forward to the girl.


When Dahyun saw Kei, some flashbacks came up into her mind.

 

(FLASHBACKS)

 

"Hey are you okay? Do you need help?" Dahyun offered her dirty hand to the girl and the girl just stared to her. 

 

"Your toe is bleeding too! It must be pain for you. I will try to hold you so you can properly walk." Kei suggested with full concern.


-----

 

"What's your name?" Kei asked her innocently.

 

"I'm Hyunnie~ What's yours?" Dahyun happily inroduced herself.

 

"Why Hyunnie? I think it's not appropriate name?" Kei asked.


"It's just my nickname~ I like Hyunnie more than my real name. It's ugly." Dahyun said while smiling back to Kei.


-------


"Hyunnie!!! I got my new bicycle from my dad! I asked him to buy me one because you promised me to teach me how to bike." Kei excitedly said as she walk with her new bicycle.

 


"That's amazing, Yeonnie! We can always bike together! Okay-okay, I'll teach you now so we can go to different places we want.  We can go now to the places that are too far using our bikes." Dahyun said and making her way to Yeonnie to teach her.


-------

 

"Why are you here? I told you that I cannot go with you. I still have a fever and mom don't let to go outside." Dahyun asked to Kei who is now outside of her room's windows.

 

"Hyunnie~ I really want to go to the place Gyeommie told me. It was forest and many trees and I like to have picnic with you there. So please.. come with me.. Pretty please~~"  Kei pleaded.

 

"I can't Yeonnie. My mom will mad at me and I don't want our friendship become over. My mom really trust me and I don't want to break it. I hope you understand me, Yeonnie.  It's not like I don't like to go with you, I just can't do it now. I have fever and it can be worse if I go outside. Do you like that?" 

 

"Aniyo.. But promise me if you get well we will go there and have a picnic?"

 

"Yeah. Yeah. We will go there and have fun." Dahyun mischeviously answered.

 

"Take that. My mom told me it can lessen the hot temperature you felt right now. Drink that so we can go there immediately. " Kei said as she give Dahyun some medicine that she asked to her mother.

 

"Woah~ This is a lot! Thanks Yeonnie! You really care about me. Don't worry if you get sick, I will repay you more than this. Told your mom "thanks" I will drink this all." Dahyun sincerely smiled at the girl she really likes that time. She feel lucky to have Yeonnie as her caring true friend to her and that time she feel her heart warms up first time. She really grateful to have Yeonnie.

 

(END OF FLASHBACKS)

 


Dahyun just smile a bit from the flashbacks she thought right now. She cannot believe that time went past, that both of them become a teenager girls that used to be childhood buddies back then. It's feel like Dahyun went back to her childhood memories. 

 


"Are you really Yeonnie?" Dahyun asked her again. She cannot believe to herself that the girl she bumped one time is Yeonnie.

 


"Yes Kim Dahyun or Hyunnie.. I am Yeonnie. But my real name is Kim Jiyeon or they called me Kei now." Kei replied as she make an eyesmile. Dahyun thought "Oh... She still have eyesmile that I really like before."

 

They stared each other's eye and Kei cannot control her longing feelings so she hugged Dahyun. Dahyun just stand there, not hugging her back. Kei is starting weeping in Dahyun's shoulders and she keep whispering "Sorry." many times in Dahyun's ears. Dahyun can felt Kei's sadness from her voice and she can't help to feel sympathy for the girl.  

 

"Hynnie... C-can we be friends a-again?" Kei asked her between her sobs while holding Dahyun tightly in her embrace. Dahyun hummed and thinks more throughly.

 


She asked herself in multiple times "Why did I go here? Why I let her hug me? Am I totally forget what she did to me? Am I totally move on? Why I felt that I missed her too? Why I still like her eyesmile? Why I didn't think any bad memories with her when I saw her again? DId I really forgive her?"

 


Dahyun slowly put her arms around in Kei's waist and make the girl closer to her. She put her chin in Kei's shoulders to enjoy the warmth the other girl giving to her.Kei asked her once again "Don't you like me anymore??" 

 

Dahyun become frozen in a moment when she heard her question. Dahyun close her eyes as she try to calm herself "Don't. Don't ask me about that. I'm getting fine with you. Please, don't bring it back. I really don't want you to remember it."

 


"As a friend???" Kei continued and Dahyun release long sigh because it was big relief that Kei just want her as her friend again. "Yes..Yeonnie. I would like to be your friend and dongsaeng again." Dahyun timidly said and Kei stop hugging her and looking at her with wide eyes. "Jinjja???!! You want me back into your life again, Hyunnie??!!" Kei exclaimed.

 

Dahyun just nodded at her and smile awkwardly. She don't know how to handle this things.

 


"I don't expect you will forgive me this fast! You're really the Hyunnie I know before!! You never changed!" Kei said as she embrace Dahyun again. Dahyun just laughed at her childish antics "You too.. You never change. Your face is still like a characters from horror movies.. I thought I saw a ghost here earlier." Dahyun joked.

 


"Yah!! I'm not creepy person! You are the one who is scary!" 

 

"Waeyo?"

 


"Your face is very cold like an artic and you never smile to everyone." Kei said.

 


"I smiled! I always smile now! Ask my classmates if I smile. They said when I smile it looks really like a smiley emoticon!"

 

 

"Oh yeah?? Or should I ask that to Im Nayeon? I guess she can give me a very detailed answer about your smile." Kei teased.

 

 

"Yah! Why Nayeon is included here? You just want to tease me to her." Dahyun mocked.

 


"Why? Nayeon is your classmate,too unless there are something MORE than for being classmates." Kei raised her both eyebrows.

 


"Aishhh!! Whatever! I should not forgive you that easily!" Dahyun stomp her feet in frustation and Kei just laughed at her dongsaeng. 

 

And she thought "I'm glad you forgive me, Dahyun. Nayeon really makes you better person, Hyunnie."

 


(TEASER FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER)

 

"I'm sorry Nayeon. I need to do this for both of you. I don't want you to feel hurt again.  " Yugyeom said while holding the letter that Nayeon left with him.

 

"Hyunnie~, don't just like her... LOVE HER." Yugyeom said to Dahyun as he bid goodbye to his cousin. "....... Okay... I will. I will someday." Dahyun answered wholeheartedly.

 

 


"Why she is not answering to my calls? Why she is absent for two days? Why she don't want to see me? What did I do?" Dahyun asked to herself while looking to Nayeon's empty desk..

 

 

"Hey, did you notice Chaeyoung and Tzuyu? They are always together now. And it's more suspicious, they are always holding hands and I saw them blushing to each other. Are they on relationship?" Jihyo asked worriedly and Sana can feel her heart drop when she heard about the two.

 


"Hey! You two! Be honest to us.. Are you two dating?" Jungyeon bluntly asked and Tzuyu gave them a sweet smile while she look at Chaeyoung who is very nervous so she squezze more Chaeyoung's hands onto her. Sana is giving them a cold glare as she waits her answer.

 

 

Author's Note:
Hi! I'm very sorry for late update! I make a lot of changes in this chapter from my initial plan. First, I never expect myself to pair up Tzuyu and Chaeyoung now.. I just feel like I want to make Sana jealous. Second, I never expect that I involved Dahyun in Nayeon's ex.. When I writing that letter, an idea comes up and I think it at many times if I should really make put Dahyun and Jinyoung arrange marriage. Arrange marriage with someone is my original plan in Jinyoung's reason why he left Nayeon then Dahyun came up in my lightbulb in my head and I think this story makes more interesting if I do that. I keep my main concept which is 'destiny'. I know you all are shock! Even me, I cannot believe that I put them in critical conditions again! What do you think in this chapter my readers? Comment what you feel about it and you can suggest what do you want to happen to them. Team SaTzu or Team ChaeYu? And this is the reason why I updated late.. I think too much :D kekekeke I really happy that you really waited me to update so once again thanks for support my readers! Anticipate the next chapters! And I change the chapter titles so you're not confuse~ Bye~~