Tables

A House Of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The lies within one smile"

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------

 

Jimin got released out of the hospital, leaving me all alone. Hoseok even left me all alone. I miss my friends. I turn on my phones, receiving replies from them. A smile creeps onto my lips. I really do love them a lot.

"Idiots . . .," I mumble to myself, squirming around in my bed. I can't wait to be release out of the hospital. The sun is shiny, the day is great. I just want to jump and scream. Days like these makes me a whol different person. It's weird. The nurse comes in and takes my temperature.

"Aren't . . .you a bit too happy?" She places a hand on my forehead. "Did you overdosed?"

"Pfft," I hold in my laughter. "I'm just happy today". She eyes me weirdly and shrugs, eventually walking out to the door. I lay on my bed, stretching my arms. Maybe I should go and eat something.

 

 

 

"Hey Jungkook!" I turn my head to see Nini with a bag of lamb skewers. I could smell it already, the aroma making me my dry lips. She happily places the food on the table. 

"I think I'm like your mom or something," she touches my forehead. "I keep checking up on you".

"You are my holy mother," I pretend to pray, rising one hand to the ceiling. "All hail Lady Ni!"

She pushes me to stop and cracks up. "Make sure to get rest soon son". She ruffles my hair and leaves to talk with Seokjin. Man, I'm bored. I end up eating all of the skewers, leaving my tummy content. I walk down the corridor to Seokjin's office. But I stop abruptly. What's going on?

"What do you mean . . .he's not healed?" I could hear the distressed voice of Nini.

 

 

 

"Ni, can you just stop it?!" The sound of a slam echoes the hallways. "Jungkook may not have a lot of time left, but I'll make sure he's going to be okay!"

"How can you say that about him?! You're a doctor, you're supposed to heal him!!"

"Shut up or I'll make you". I take a peek of what's happening by tiptoeing. I see Nini stuck in a corner and Seokjin grabbing both her shoulders, oddly close.

"You wouldn't dare especially when Namjoon forgave you," Her voice sounds a bit squeakier than usual. I'm kind of worried now.

"I'm a man, you need realize what I'm capable of doing things to you," he lowly chuckles, his face oddly close to her neck. Oh no, what should I do?!

"What type of lesson is that bull?" She grabs his neck, gripping onto it. "I'm not scared of anybody whether it's a guy or a girl. But if you hurt any one of my children, you will get your beaten". Then he slams her again, this time his lips touching hers. Just what type of relationship do these two have?! I kick the door open and pull Seokjin's shoulder.

 

 

 

 

"Don't touch her!" I push down to the floor, not wanting to cause any more destruction. Grabbing Nini's wrist, we both escape to the nearest cafe. I breathe in heavily, my head is throbbing again. The pounding inside my head causes me to groan in pain and squat down for a moment. "Ugh, just what are you two doing?".

Nini stays silent, pressing her lips. "Seokjin is getting stressed out, okay? He tends to be a bit . . .weird".

"How long have you two been secretly meeting like this?" My frown goes deeper.

"Ever since we found out about Jimin staying in Gwacheon. He's a childhood friend that I want to help him change," Nini's tears start to fill her eyes. "He needs help. He's not a bad guy".

"But what if he hurts you?" I start to shake her small shoulders. "You are going to get hurt!!"

"But what if he . . .hurts Namjoon ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter