Birthday

A House Of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​​"Could happiness last forever?"

 

 

 

 


-------


It's already 5am. I plop myself on my bed, it's been awhile since I went to my apartment. This little home has disappeared in my mind. The raindrops pounds through my window. What a peaceful day. I close my eyes, listening to the rain. I hear cars splashing large puddles as they pass by. I take a quick nap but wake up because the rain was no longer there. I open the window, the sun gleaming over me. I close the curtains, sighing loudly. "I hope today is not that sunny  . . ."

 

 

My phone suddenly vibrates, scaring the living out of me. "HELLO?!"
"What the Jungkook?! I'm barely half asleep and you do this?!" Nini's voice makes me pull my phone away from my ear.
" . . .right. Anyway, what do you want?" I stretch my back, cracking it.
"Jimin's birthday is today . . .I wanted us all to go to an amusement park . . .," her voice quiets down a bit, I hear Taehyung's voice in the background.
"Sure. We should go to an amusement park but I'm pretty sure we're broke," I open my wallet, not surprised by only having a 5 dollar bill. "Maybe we should do a barcbeque party . . ."
"Hmm. I have an idea!" That makes me feel very anxious when she says this.

 

 


She never told me her so-called idea at all. But, I still end up knocking on her door. The door creaks open slowly, I see Jimin in his adorable sleeping state. "Heya Kookie".
I give him a tight hug and lift him up off the ground. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY JIMINNIE".
Taehyung sits there, confused with his mouth hanging open. "Today is . . .Jimin's birthday . . .?"
Nini slaps him behind his head. "Idiot! Didn't I tell you already?!"

 

 

 

I put Jimin back on his feet, cupping his face. I give him a sweet kiss on the forehead since he was so short. I then pinch his nose, teasing him a bit. He scoffs at me, putting his hands on both hips. "You bastard. Are you mocking my height?". Is it just me or do short people get morally offended easily?

 

 

I kiss his lips seal, he pushes me away. His face turns a hue of red, he starts to stutter. "I-Idiot. D-don't k-kiss me!"
"It's fun teasing you," I wink at him, he looks at me in disgust with flush cheeks.
"Taehyung, you need to be more like Kookie," Our heads turn to Nini who's in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. Taehyung lays on the couch, stratching his sides shrugging at her.
"You still love me," he smirks at her. She turns her back to him. "You can't resist this babe!"

 

 


Jimin snorts, he laughs at them two. "Kookie, what we gonna do for my birthday?"
"Anything you want babe," My lips curl into a small smile. His eyes start to squint with a huge grin on his face.
"Let's have my birthday at a bakery . . .," he looks down shyly. The sound of a door slamming makes all of our heads turn. Suga stands there, heading towards the bathroom.
"Somebody is grumpy like always . . .," Nini facepalms. "Anyway, Jimin. . . .that's a good idea. It's cheap".
"It is. I know the owner of the bakery," he holds out his phone showing us a message. "She made me a cake . . . ".
"Ooooo," Taehyung happily chuckles. "FREE FOOD!"

 

 


Nini places the kotatsu for us, placing a plate of seaweed soup and rice. "If we go there, could we try to bake too?"
"Ehhh, Ni. You making me something special?" Jimin snickers and she throws the spoon at him. He fumbles to catch it. "Hey! At least warn me!"
Nini rolls her eyes, having a small smile place on her lips. "Yeah, I am. It's the first time I'm celebrating your birthday with you".

 

 

A knock on the door makes us turn our heads, I open the door. Seokjin and Namjoon holds up bags of things happily. "Jimin! Happy birthday!" They give him the bags of gifts. Jimin happily smiles at them. Seokjin ruffles his hair, Namjoon gives him a side hug. "Thanks Seokjin and Namjoon!"
"Guys, the table is set. Tae, you going to sit on the floor or eat on the couch?" Nini hands him a bowl since he wouldn't budge.
"Sit next to me so Namjoon and Seokjin could sit and eat," Taehyung scoots over, Nini awkwardly sits next to him. Namjoon first sits down along with Jimin, we all surround the table . . .except for Suga. He stands in the kitchen, eating the soup.
"Yoongi, why don't you sit next to Jungkook or something?" Nini gets up, heading towards him.
"Ni, it's fine. I could stand," too late. Nini pulls his arm and places him next to me. She puts her hand on his shoulders, giving a reassuring pat. "Ugh, thanks . . .". Nini triumphfully laughs and sits back to the couch, grabbing her plate off the table.

 

 


The soup tastes really delicious, making our stomachs full. Her cooking skills are surprisely good, honestly I think she would be able to burn her own apartment. "Ni, your cooking is the best!"
"Thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter