Mother

A House Of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The mother figure plays an important role in a child's life"

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------

 

I can't believe what's happening. I'm actually part of my family once again. I couldn't help myself but tell my mom all sorts of things I didn't tell her before. The child that was once innocent and pure finally awakens, making me innocent again. If I could turn back time, I wish I could've lived a childhood. But thanks to this ed up world, I suffered. I'm in pain and still is, I'm just trying to hold on what's left inside of me.

 

 

"Oh and I seen him again!" I was telling her about the story of me meeting Namjoon again. She giggles a bit.
"There's so much we need to catch on! I can't wait to be released from the hospital!"
I just nod my head happily. This innocent child being swept into a web of lies again. "Sure. I can visit!"
"Jungkook . . .why don't you just," she pauses for a long time. " . . .come back?"

 

 

My smile immediately fades, my heart drops. How can I just leave Jimin, my brothers, and sis? "I can't leave them, mom. I hope you understand".
"Oh, it's fine. As long as you're smiling, and happy," she ruffles my hair. "You can do whatever makes you happy". The door creaks, making my head to see Nini and Taehyung linking arms. Nini awkwardly waves hello and Taehyung slightly bows his head. My mom urges them to sit down.

 

 

"Oh, how cute! Nini and Taehyung are such a cute couple!" She clasps her hands together with a dreamy look in her eyes. "I wish I could go find myself a man too! But I still need to take care of a grown man, ugh". Nini chuckles as my mom mentions Junghyun. She then turns to me. "Where is the girl you love, Jungkook?". I can't believe I forgot to tell her about Jimin. Where is he anyway? With my father buying food for mom? Probably. My father accepts our relationship which surprise me because usually fathers would want their sons not to be gay. But then I realized he wasn't even in my life and practically a stranger trying to fit in back into the family and agreeing with us because he has to. Not because he wants to.

 

 

I take a deep breath. "Mom, the person I'm in love with  . . .is Jimin". She gasps, her eyebrows furrow.
"You mean . . .the boy who's currently with your father at the store . . .".
"Yes . . .," I sigh loudly. "I'm gay mom . . .".
A stinging pain hits my cheek, she just slapped me hard in the face. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! FIRST YOU RAN AWAY AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU LIKE MEN?!"
Taehyung's face already looks deadly. Nini grips onto his shoulder, I know Taehyung doesn't want any of us to be hurt like this. He's the first to straightforwardly face his parents. Doing all sorts of things that break their hearts. Especially when they witness his suicidal attempts.

 

 


"Mom . . .I'm a grown man who can make my own choices. I love Jimin and I'll stick by his side no matter," I remember my father's words. To stick by Jimin's side and don't let him go. Ever. I can't let go of the light that'll guide me out of the darkness.
"I--- I just can't----," she suddenly faints into my arms. I shake her shoulders, "M-mom! Wake up! Ni, call the nurse!"
Nini calls the nurse, as the doctors come in and places her on the gurney. Her lifeless figure lays there, I didn't know what to do so I hold her hand while running through the hallways of the hospital. I didn't want to let go of her hand as we arrive to the E.R room but Taehyung from behind pulls my shoulder back. "Don't worry, Jungkook. She'll be fine . . .let's just go . . .".

 

 

I brush off his hand off my shoulder. "No, Taehyung. She's my mom and I will make her accept who I am!"
"You heard her!! She doesn't accept you and now let's go home," he grips onto my shoulder once again. "Just listen to me and go home!"
"Just because your mom didn't accept you, doesn't mean my mom won't accept me," I push him to the wall. "I'm not like you, Taehyung".
He darkly scoffs at me. "Just what are you saying Jungkook?"
"I'm tired of you being so . . .so . . .," I just couldn't say the words.
"What?" He smirks at me now. Why the hell is he so intimidating?! " . . . Say it now".
"Manipulative . . .annoying . . .clingy . . .," I couldn't stop myself. "If you're so damn suicidal, why can't you just die already?!"

 

 

He grabs my arm, using his nails to claw into my skin, I didn't budge. "You know, you ing !? If I die, I'll be glad too!! But I have something to live for just like you!! You say you're not like me . . .," he pulls my collar and whispers into my ear. "You're exactly like me . . .but just don't know how to kill yourself. You better watch out now . . . ". I push him away, my fist rising while grabbing his collar. But a scream fills our ears. Nini rushes to us, pushing me away from Taehyung. "Jungkook, please don't hurt him!!"

 

 

Nini turns to hugs Taehy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter