Chapter 5

Even You Are The Devil

The mortal boy that been found by the king and queen of the Kwon pack have been celebrated and welcomed warmly. Neither the Kwons have doubt whoever he is, nor where does the baby come from. From the start, when there found the baby, who cries his lungs out because of cold, they swore that they will take the poor baby as their own. For them, the small baby is like gift from the gods, as they have lost their due to illness.

“My king, isn’t this boy lovely?” The king’s general and right hand men, Choi Minsook and Dong Haejin took turn carrying the baby. Both their sons are with them, trying to peek to the new addition of the pack, while the females are busy preparing places for him to have his comfort.

When the crib is ready, they put the baby inside it. Jiyong smile, though he now have to start his cycle of life back from the start, still he was aware of his surroundings. The Choi only son and the Dong second son try again to peek at him, and when Jiyong saw both of them, he smiled happily. Brown eyes shines making both the boys startles, and realised that this little baby is having the soul of their dead brother.

“Jiyong,” Seunghyun whispers, while Youngbae eyes get teary, making all the adults turn to them. They are so perplexed looking at six year old Seunghyun took the baby in his arm, while Youngbae keep kissing him.

“Oh my god, Seunghyun. Put him back. You’ll drop him,” his father is panic, dropping the new prince of their king surely would give them a harsh punishment.

The chaos in the baby chamber suddenly being interrupted by their pack priest barging into the room, startling every one of them. The priest strutted towards the baby, grabbing him from Seunghyun arms and starts to sing a lullaby. The baby smiles, as he is familiar with the song, while Senghyun and Youngbae slowly lay beside the cribs, suddenly calm and both boys suddenly felt sleepy. The song ended when the baby closed his eyes, sleep claiming him and the priest puts him back in the crib.

“I don’t know wether you are lucky or being cursed, my lord,”

“Why is that, Yoo Jaesuk?”

Both of you, Dong and Choi, do you aware that you have Circe’s bloodline?” Jaesuk turns to both Dong and Choi family, only met with a nodded head. They are aware that Seunghyun and Youngbae could have the blood from the magic goddess, making both of them are quite dangerous if both of them could not contain their own power.

“Forgive me my lord. I could sense a powerful magic from this child, and from his eyes, I realised that this baby might contain the soul of Goddess Circe Mortal Son, and I am worried that this boy is a necromancer,” and the king and queen just smiles.

Even he is a mortal, even he is a necromancer, or even a hunter, and we could not leave him to die. It is so cruel,” the queen calmly said.

“But sire…,”

“Enough Jaesuk! What the future brings for us and for my baby, we will face it. I will keep it. I hope everyone will  accept this boy as our son. That is final,” the king roar, making everybody in the chamber turns quiet.

“Sire, what is his name?” Minsook tries to calm the rage of his king. The king suddenly turns soft, peeking inside the cribs, and caress the baby cheek, making the sleeping baby scrunches his nose.

“Do you have any idea, my lady,” he asked his queen. The queen smiles, and took the sleeping baby into her arms. The baby keep snuggling into the lovely arms of someone that he will be calling mother.

“Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong,” and the king later announced that the mortal boy will be their heir and the crown prince of the pack.