Chapter 32 : Keeper

Even You Are The Devil

Jiyong

Sitting with his family nowadays feels surreal. His Kwon parents and sister still treating like before, like he was the most precious being in their life. Never once they outcast him, instead, Dami kept teasing him for proposing the Dark Prince. Father and mother shared their joy with his foolish sister, while she kept whining about how handsome Seungri is. Jiyong could never felt more grateful on that.

“Son, you looked so aloof. Anything in your mind?” his father question startled him, not realising that he has stop eating. Both his sister and mother looked at him, expression turn concern. He shakes his head.

“I just missed this,” pointing the whole table, “eating with my family. It seems too long...” and his voice wavered, tears welling in his eyes. Dami then swatted behind his head, making him squeaked, holding the back on his head. Dami’s eyes twinkle in mischief’s while grinning.

“No tears on the dining table,” she winked at Jiyong, making her brother laughed. Both parents’ chuckles, finishing their food while talking calmly about anything and everything. Laughter could be heard from them, making it looks like a very normal family.

Jiyong followed his father towards their reading chambers, as he felt he needs to have a very serious conversation with his father. He misses his interaction with Younghoon. He does not what Younghoon felt, as he already met with his real father and the father for his vessel. Everything has becoming more complicated, and confusing. He really does not know how to react anymore.

Sitting on the couch in the chamber, he looked around. Younghoon smile, looking at his son whom is busy fidgeting on his seat. Sitting beside Jiyong, he kept his smiling face, calmly trying to coax Jiyong to talk.

Are you okay, son? You look so...... disturbed, nowadays. Do you have anything to share? Problem with the Dark Lord, perhaps?” Younghoon put his hand on top of Jiyong’s hand. His soothing voice suddenly calmed Jiyong’s inner turmoil.

“I...am confused, father. I felt so left out. Everything is so confusing,” he muttered quietly, still Younghoon could heard every words.

“What does? You need to let it out, Jiyong. You are not alone. I’m here, you still have us,” and Jiyong looked surprised, startles at his father’s sincerity.

“What? Don’t you feel angry? I’m going to be bonded with a vampire, dad. I am also a combination to all sort of creatures, name it good or bad. Why did you wanted to accept me?” and he could feel his scales started to harden, as his frustration and anger slowly consumes him.

“Jiyong, stop! I don’t care. Your mother and sister also do not care. Even you are the devil himself, you are still my son. My heir, my pride, the leader of the Kwon clan,” Younghoon gentleness but stern voice is like water, washes every attempt of his turmoil.

“Father......”

“ I could lead you to die when we found you, once Jaesuk sense you that you will be a necromancer before, if you think you will be an outcast. Yongie, we would never leave you, you are the best thing we have after Dami, and your brother. How could you think we will toss you out?”

And the tears that well in his eyes dropped to his cheeks. He started sobbing, making Younghoon embraced his son, trying to calm him, hoping that Jiyong could accept his explanation. He sighs; hurt when he felt how his used to be mortal son is in pain these all times.

“I’m sorry, father. I’m losing my sight, now. But, is it ok for me to bond with a vampire? We, the shape shifters despised them. Isn’t I will be breaking our rules?” Younghoon shakes his head.

“The rules have bent when your grandfather makes a truce with him, and when I have you. We are not wolves. We already knew that both of you are meant to be, but we do not know how long it takes for both of you to find your way back. But, it seems that you still stick to the three full moon rules, I really hope that this time around it works,” his father gaves a very soft smile, while Jiyong pouted. He knew Younghoon always despised his three full moons dating rules.

Younghoon suddenly stands up, and silently gesturing Jiyong to follow him towards the farther part of the chamber. Although he is familiar with the reading chamber, and spent hours in it, practising his magic, he never gone into the back of it. They reached to the end of the chamber, the wall is carved with a beautiful scene, showing a goddess; which Jiyong knew so well, her mother Circe, and an unknown god, in the form half men half tail that look like a dragon and a seal beside him, looking or like guarding an orb that located on an island in the middle of an ocean. He stood in front of the carving, while Youghoon put his palm on the orb.

“liberro sigillium” he quietly muttered, making Jiyong surprised that his father could speak the ancient language. Younghoon gives him a sheepish smile, when the chamber shooked, and to Jiyong surprised, the carving seems alive. The ocean surrounded the island suddenly disappeared, and a door suddenly emerged on the island. Calmly, Younghoon opened the door, gesturing Jiyong to follow him.

He followed his father into the secret chamber, which at the centre of it; lays an altar, with a golden book on it. Jiyong was mesmerised, he could feel the chamber is flowing with magical aura, and it soothe him so much. He closed his eyes, feeling comfort with the aura surrounded him. He is really the son of Circe, the grandson of Hecate. Magic calms him down.

“Jiyong..... Yongie. Listen to me,” his father’s voice pulled him from his peaceful musing of comfort. Opening his eyes, he was surprised that his father has turned into his avatar; the white tiger. His father’s blue eyes bore into him, and to his surprise, his father suddenly changed to the old man on the carving, making him startles and fall to his back.

“We are sorry that we hide this from you, my son,”

“What? Why?” Jiyong shrieked. His scales started to emerges from his neck, face suddenly became whiter.

“Calm down, Jiyong, and do not turn to a Yong. This is the holy land of Greeks realm,” Younghoon voices resonate through the chamber. Jiyong tries hard to regulate his breath.

“Long ago, this man that you see was the first born of Poseidon, named Proteus. He was the first son of Poseidon, the first shape shifters. One that was not being created by Circe, born by another god. For I, my dear son, am the grandson of him, while your mother is the granddaughter of one of Circe’s original shapeshifters offspring,” Jiyong gapes at the explanation.

“The book that you see here, is The Book of Power, one that hold knowledge about creatures, deities and magic. For decades, we have been the bearer of the books. I’ve been told by the gods, to hand it to you as the bearer. The ill fated lover should be the bearer, they told me through the dreams,”

“But, father....”

“You could read it, but be careful, it is also could eat you alive,” and his father open his palm, asking Jiyong to accept his hand.

When he hold his father’s hand, the older mutter another ancient mantra, and Jiyong could feel his palm hot. When they released each other hand, he looked at his palm, to realise that on his inner wrist, a symbol has form. He is now a keeper to the greatest and dangerous book in history that what he is now; and he could used it wisely, if he dare to.

Fates really loves torturing him, is the last thing in his mind when he return to his chamber, exhausted before he is consumed to his slumber.


Author note : Hope you like this chapter. Thank you ru15ba for the upvote. Comments please.