The Abyss - Part 3

Even You Are The Devil

“You are different, son,” Yang tries to follow Jiyong, whom casually walked into the depth of the dark cave-like place. When you live long enough in the abyss, you have been immune to the darkness surrounds you. Both creatures could hear the wails and cursing at the end of the caves.

They have reached the end of the path, when suddenly few doors emerged in front of them. True to the myth, Tartarus is not a place that you should underestimate. Secret places, secret chambers and anything that they could not predict could suddenly emerge in front of them.

Jiyong closed his eyes, when suddenly the place shook. They could hear roars and cheering from the end door. He calmly sighed, as he knows Hades was not telling the truth. It is not a giant, it were giants. He could feel there is around 5 giants are having a blast in the purgatory. Focusing in his own demon power, he turned himself, ignoring the surprised gasp behind him.

Opening the door slowly, he found himself being at the edge of mines-like places. Flames are everywhere, and down below, he could hear cussing and loud voices. Silhouette of the five creatures could be seen. Laughter and screams are exchanges. It is then both he and Yang realised that there is someone else being prisoned or captured by the giants. Someone that Hades needs him to save.

Calmly, Jiyong walked down the stairs, directly towards the giants with Yang followed close behind. He is not in the mood of sneaking around. Deep within him, he could feel the power of the abyss inside his body, and he could care less of his appearances. He is confident that right now either he looked like a dragon, or a demon.

Stepping inside the giants’ territory, both of them could see a lean muscular man with a godly scent was ice chained to the end of chamber. The giants are having a blast beating the godly creature. Yang gasped in surprised when he realised that the said creature was Thanatos, or in other name; Death.

“Well, well… look what we have here. Isn’t this the infamous halflings?” The biggest giant roared, looking at Jiyong. The other four giants looked at both Jiyong and Yang, amused that someone so tiny could bravely challenge them. Jiyong just smirked, while Yang has started to shift, while slowly mumbling some spells. “Kill them, my brothers. Let’s have a feast of Halflings and shifters,” and all of them hurled towards Jiyong and Yang.

A layer of unseen shield suddenly forms in front the sorcerers, making the giants suddenly thrown back in full force; and crushing them to the wall behind. Jiyong smirked, his eyes suddenly shining, making the only giant that holding Thanatos suddenly screamed with agony, releasing the deity free. When Jiyong flicked his finger, all the giants burst into flames, surprising both Thanatos and Yang, before evaporated into thin air.

Yang quickly freed Thanatos from the chains that bind him. The godly creatures straightens his body, and looked at Jiyong, frowning.

“I could feel a living soul in you. What are you?”

“I am not sure myself. But I need to get to the surface. How can we do that?” Jiyong boldly asked.

“But, he is dead. How…..” looking at Yang, he suddenly realised something. “Mother and Hades send you here, don’t you?”

Jiyong narrowed his eyes, not liking the tone. Thanatos just shakes his head. It is then Jiyong realised that he has taken out his scythe.  Jiyong pulled Yang behind him, spewing curses under his breath, while forming a layer of shield in front him, making the ground shook.

“WAIT! You have misunderstood my intentions,” Thanatos yelled, panic at Jiyong sudden attack.

“DON’T. YOU. DARE. TAKING. HIM. BACK!” Jiyong gritted his teeth, anger flared from his eyes.

“No…I wanted to summon the door…Look behind you,” Thanatos hurriedly shows them a black and silver doors etched with art deco designs, making them a complete inversion of the Olympian doors. Jiyong then shield Yang with his body, taking steps towards the door.

“Well then, I think this is goodbye,” muttered Thanatos, and he then pushed Jiyong and Yang with a full force, sending them flew through the door using his scythe. “See you later, the son of the unspeakable,”

Jiyong and Yang felt themselves crushing on hard surface. Loud sound could be heard from their landing, shaking the ground beneath them. Opening their eyes, they could see the Dark Palace at the mountain across them.

“We’re back!”


Author note : Hi, sorry for the sudden hiatus. I know i already late posting this, and I could only apologize. Having facing tragedies in my family, and I lost my beloved father, making me lost half of my soul. Now, I'm back and trying to find my way back.

Thank you for the subscribers and voters. Please leave comments. It boost my motivation to update. Love you all.