Chapter 38

Even You Are The Devil

5ugpN2e.jpg" />

 

The Dark Palace

It has been two nights thick mist has surrounded the palace. Seungri knew that the barrier that Chaerin has build around the palace could not last forever. He sighed, when Lycaeons howls could be heard miles away. He really was annoyed, as he despised wars between creatures so much. Why couldn’t they leave them to live in peace?

 “Seungri, they are too many for us,” Dara told him quietly. Her eyes has turned red, all their eyes are. Signs that either they are hungry, or they just let their nature instinct take over.

Two nights ago, he was daydreaming about a certain wizard when suddenly Chaerin, Daesung’s niece came barging into the palace, telling that an army of Lycans has marched towards the castle; another bunch towards the Kwon Clan’s place. Imagined how surprised he is when he realised that he and his minions has been surrounded by the ruthless creatures.

Daesung has come a few moments later, appeared in his demonic appearance, making known that he is in full power. The psionics told him that they already send an iris message to the Choi’s Covern, telling the situation in the Dark Palace. Although the Choi’s has agreed to help, and most vampires are trying to protect him, but they might be short of time.

Chaerin also has turned to her demon personification. Daesung has helped her in creating more mist but Seungri knew their power will soon depleted. Selene and Circe emerged. Both face frowns, as the rules forbade them to interfere; though this war involves their children.

The mist has slowly vanished, making the psionics panicked. They could hear Lycans gleefully howls, but the temperature of that palace suddenly turned hotter. Chaerin and Daesung sighed in relieved, as they could sense the other has come to be their saviour.

A black dragon with Seunghyun and Youngbae suddenly appeared at the arena, and a giant wall of fire emerged outside the palace vicinity. The vampires gaped, and Seungri could smell a much too sweet fragrance lingering in the air. He knew the smell, and of course he recognised the dragon. His lover has come.

Both Youngbae and Seunghyun hugged their lover, and Chaerin could see Youngbae questioning glare on her appearance. She could only kissed his lover cheek, guilt building in her, as she never told Youngbae who she really is. The latter only think that she is only a normal witch, as she was in her human form too long. Her werewolf-vampire dormant has been asleep for several decades and only being awakened by Daesung, as the Dark Prince really needs her power.

Jiyong turned back in human form, but still his appearance seems demonic. Lost are the fragile and shy Jiyong, leaving only a thick evil aura surrounded him. He grinned at Seungri, shark-like teeth seemed so devious. Seungri could only smiled; bitterly. Heart clenched looking at his lover, who now has becoming one of the creatures that knew no goodness. Seungri is worried, is Jiyong will be his Jiyong when this is over?

Seungri suddenly remembered the conversations he has with Jiyong beforehand.

“My lord. Would you love me even I becoming evil?” the brown orbs looks deep into his eyes, he could smell the fear in his voice.

“I am sure you are not capable of being evil. But, even you are the devil himself, my love would always with you,” confidently he answered his lover. The kiss after sealed their promise deeply.

Maybe, Jiyong has foreseen the occurrence. Maybe, this is really their fate. Maybe, fate really has fun with them. Or maybe, he should show how pure and true his love towards the wizards, because, whatever the man has turned and become, the wizard will forever is the lover of the Dark Prince.


Author note: I was imagining Jiyong like in the picture above. Credit to Bernie Holcomb's for this beautiful picture. Hope you enjoy with this chapter.