Chapter 36

Even You Are The Devil

Younghoon

Being the grandson of the first shapeshifter, proetus, and married to the one of the daughter of the original offspring of one of Circe affairs, of course our clan is the most powerful clan of all. When Dami was born, we could feel how powerful she is. She has her first shifts when she is only 7 days. Imagined how surprised I am when the first shifts she had been a serpent. I would not know are we being blessed or cursed. Luckily she had grown up as a fine young lady and a mannered child. After 5 years, my second child was born. I could remember how blessed and happy both my parents were, as an heir was being born in the clan. Jinwoon was a beautiful child.

20 years have passed, still at that time it is my father ruled the clan. The wind blows; telling us that the prince of darkness, the only original vampire has been put to sleep. In fact, he has been slept for already nearly 200 years. When he was awake, I could remember how loud his wail for his dead lover is.

The war between our kind and strygois before, back when I was only a pup, has made our relationship with vampires a bit strained. However, as Seungri the only original vampire survived. My father suddenly announced that we should put a trust to him, making a parley that we will never will create another war and just wanted peace between our kinds. Of course, the good hearted vampire agreed.

Jinwoon, although he was a prince to our clan, bad luck seems to follow him ever since he was born. Me and my father could sense his shifting power is not powerful as Dami. Jinwoon was really fragile child, and he has a very mysterious illness. Even when Jaesuk tries to cure him, we could only met dead end. At last, we lost him on the age of 24. Though for normal human, he is consider an adult, for us creatures, he is still considered a kid. My father was so devastated losing his gandson, and without me being aware, he took a decision to fade; going back to sea being his father right man, and leave me to rule the clan. Of course, he do told me that I would have another son as an heir.

I felt blessed when I found Jiyong at the heart of the forest, and I am aware that the place where I found him is another door for Tartarus. However, as I looked into the brown orbs, how could I and Yuri leave the poor boy to die? He is a beautiful human, and I could sense a magical aura surrounded him. Both of us are enchanted to see how beautiful he is, and my father’s word kept ringing in my ears, telling how I would have another son. Both I and Yuri decided to accept him in. Besides, I could smell Circe’s scent in him, and I am sure that he would be a perfect son to us.

From the start, both of us realised that Jiyong was the reincarnation of Circe’s original one and only human offspring. A myth that has been told from centuries amongst  the shape shifters. He was a powerful wizard that managed to wipe out a group of villagers hundred years before from only a curse. He is also the successor from the most powerful shape shifter sorcerer, Yang Hyunsuk. Of course his presence makes Jaesuk, the priest clan afraid.

Jiyong is very beautiful, talented and charismatic son to us.  Jiyong really a good son and heir; trying to blend with all the shape shifters in our clan. He do has a very big problem, his scent is so alluring, and it always lured the vampires to attack him, but it seems his guardian, Seunghyun and Youngbae always with him.

I am also aware about the history between him and the Dark Prince, and although I feel a bit wary of The Moirae curse, I know I couldn’t prevent it. Both of them are destined together.

Although Hecate and Circe already claim Jiyong as their offspring, imagined how devastated I am when I heard that Circe has use a daimon vessel in order to conceal Jiyong’s soul. To know his vessel is the corpse of Hecate and the one that even Hades did not say out loud son makes me feel uneasy. I even pity my son, his soul is pure, but having a daimon vessel could also manipulate his mind. I am really worried, especially after the murder of the Jang’s son.  Still, I stand on my ground. Jiyong is MY son, and I would never abandon him.

Even a night before, I could sense an army of lycans march towards in our kingdom. Of course, I could sense the scents of the original; Lycaeons who I knew very ruthless, and I know what is he seeks from us.

I could hear their howling, and my minions are on edge. Most of my warriors have turned, and in ready. Dami and Yuri burst into my chamber, panic as they could not found Jiyong in our vicinity. Seunghyun and Youngbae face turns pale, and they ask for my forgiveness for their carelessness, but I dismiss them, knowing that Jiyong already mastered the shadow walk.

Kiko came in suddenly, she looks calm, but I could sense the magic overflowing from her. She told that Jiyong might slip to the sacred ground, seeking for the dead. Listening that, Youngbae and Seunghyun turned to their avatar and ran to that place.

Sighing, I knew there is no turning back. Whatever Jiyong have become, even he became a daemon, he still is my son. He is my heir. I looked at the army of Lycans that gathered in fornt of the main gate, and I could see Kyunglim amongst them. Indeed, he had turned to them for revenge. Things have becoming uglier than it seen. I am more worried that I did not see Lycaeons amongst them. Perhaps he is still hiding until there are chances for him to attack. The Lycans are very sly creatures, and they attack as packs.

The lycans started to hit our defence gates, Dami and Yuri has turns to their strongest avatar, Dami as a white tigress and Yuri as the lioness. I turn myself as a Serpent, hoping that my life source is enough for me to contain in this form. Kiko has been ready with her arrow, standing next to Dami. I really hope that in this war of creatures, Jiyong, the least experienced in war could survive.

“Don’t worry about Jiyong, my king. He is stronger than he look,” Kiko told me casually.

Howling from the lycans suddenly stopped with a roar. Roar that I really despised right now. “Turn the book and Jiyong to us, Younghoon. Your clan would not have any chance with the lycans,” Kyunglim voices could be heard from it.

“Over my dead body, Kyunglim. You would not touch my son,”

“He is a daemon, Younghoon. He also is not capable to be the guardian. The book will be ours,”

“HE IS MY SON!!! My rightful heir and he bore the sign of the keeper. You would never able to get the book,” I roar, and everything being silent for a second.

“So be it. Attack and crushed them!” and the banging at the gates continues.

I could feel my heart beats so fast. If this is my last day in this world, I pray to Olympus and Tartarus that Jiyong, Dami and Yuri will be safe. I would protect MY family with my all, even if I have to face most vicious creatures in history. The door has broken, and hundreds of lycans started to attack. I moves forward, defending Yuri and Dami and attacking them. My clan are also defending them. Arrows from Kiko are flying trying to halt the attack. One of the lycans manages to hit my back, making me staggered, and another have bitten my hands. I could hear Dami roars in agony, when suddenly both lycans flew backwards.

A huge black dragons suddenly appeared in front of our clan, crushing few lycans that tries to attack us and shielded us from the lycans. A wall of black fire has surrounded our clan, and Seunghyun and Youngbae stands beside me. I could see Kiko smirk, and the lycans that tries to attack perish in the fire.

The dragon changed to a man, with half of his body still resembles a dragon. I could see scales and small wing behind his back. Jiyong’s face could be seen, but his eyes, is different. I could not see his pupil, instead his eyes is pitch blue. He has the eyes of pure necromancer, and deep down, I know he already mastered the art of necromancy. He grinned, and sharp teeth could be from his mouth. My pure human sons are now having turned to a man-demon. I am hoping that his humanity is still there despite he might change to a devil himself. In the corner of my eyes, I could see a glimpse of a young man with a small horn smirking at Jiyong. A man that the Greeks creatures despised; Belial, the western daemon.

Really, Moiraie, I despised you. Of all people, why did my son did you curse?


Author Note: Thank you Saidori for the upvote. I really enjoy writing this chapter, an overall what Younghoon feelings about Jiyong. Please leave comments, please. I really appreciate it. Sorry for any typo and grammatical mistakes.