The Abyss - Part 1

Even You Are The Devil

This place called the abyss; for thousands of years, no one knew exactly what this place look like. Having a fury accompany me, I walked out from the palace where I live now. I heard many things unpleasant about this place. Hot, a deserted place and no place to hide. Now, I finally understand why it is called the abyss.

Walking across the bridge that was in front the castle, I could hear the sound of screaming far away from the south. I looked at the direction, and the fury that accompanies me, in a form of a young lady, just smile.

“Do you want to go there?” she asked, her voice is soft, but I could hear a dangerous tone underneath it.

“If I go, what would it benefit you?” and she smirked. “You are not a fury, don’t you?” I asked again, only to receive a wide grin from her. I just shake my head. Every being that lives in the abyss are cunning being.

I walked towards the west, until we both arrived to end of the cliff. Down below, I could see a sea of tormented soul being burned in the river of fires. Seems that there is so much unknown knowledge lies in this abyss.

“Greeks called the river under, the Cocytus; the river of wailing. Only, it is actually where we burned the soul of the greatest sinner,” she just casually informed me.

“Who are you, actually?” facing her, I looked at her. She is beautiful, but I could feel a dark aura surrounded her. She smiled, baring her white sharp teeth.

“Who is the one that you think living in Tartarus with two of her children?” and she suddenly transformed into a stunning violet hair woman, making me gasped in surprised.
UxL28cB.jpg">" />
You are the goddess Nyx. Forgive me my lady for not recognising you,” I bowed to her, while she just laughed.

“In the west, Belial was the ruler of the fourth hell, but for us, he was the keeper of the river of Phlegethon. That is what you see down there, Jiyong. That is what Phlegethon done to all the sinners, creatures and mortals. I am sure that the river also is your source of power,” she explained.

I walked towards the river, and true enough, I did not feel any hotness from it. I sighed. My mind is really clouded and numb. I can’t even think what should I do, or what exactly my role in the upper world.

“Your soul is pure, Kwon Jiyong. That is the reason why you did not feel the burning feeling of this river. Tell me, do you wish to go back to the surface, or are you willing to live with us, helps Belial rules the abyss?”

“I… I don’t know, my lady. Is there anything important for me on the surface? I like it, here.”

“Oh my…” and Nyx guides me to the end of the river, where a bronze big door stands on its own. I looked at her in askance, but she just opens it, and dragged me towards it.

The door leads us to a field that full of blazing red flowers. I could see man and woman wandering aimlessly in the field of flower. They seem lost.

“Where is this place? Who is that?” and panic started to fill me, and my body feels hot.

Shhh.. Relax my son,” Nyx patted my hair, effectively calming me. I took a deep breath, trying not to lose myself. “This place is called The Vale of Mourning. A place where the soul those who were consumed by unhappy love dwell. Tell me, do you have someone that you love on the surface?”

I stuttered. Suddenly, an image of white-haired man with red-eyes flashes through my mind. I clenched my head, suddenly feeling the pain. Nyx hold me before I felt she dragged me into another places.

SeungSeungri…. I left him. He must be worried. I.. I can’t stay here,” I mumbled, while the titan smirked.

“Well done kid. At last you remember your lover. Your time hasn’t come yet, and it is such a waste for a creature as powerful as you being stuck ruling this place. I would love to send you back to the surface,”

“Why? Why did you help me?” and Nyx face turned soft.

“As cold and mean I am to the living, I do have a lover, and have children on my own. I know the feeling of being loved, and it hurts for me to see the blood of titans being played by stupid deities called fate,”

“But, could I bring another soul with me? I need him to complete my lesson,” and Nyx smirked.

“Could you helped us, Persephone?” again I startle, looking at my back, another beautiful woman in blue dress appears. Her face is soft, but a glint of sinister could be seen from her eyes, matches with her title, Queen of Underworld; Wife of Hades.

uhEBb8f.jpg" />


Author Note : Hye, I'm back. Sorry for the sudden hiatus. I am damn busy with work and study. I feel so lucky and happy as at the end of 2015, I managed to achieve something that I've dream for, and thus, it also brings many luck for this 2016. Thank you for my subscribers and upvoters. Hope this coming new year would bring us a very happy year to us.

Part 2 will be coming soon, before we unite the two lovebirds. Don't forget to leave your comment. Love you all.