Chapter 37

Even You Are The Devil

Jiyong

His whole body feel so warm, and his vision turns clearer than before. He knew he is shifting, either to a fierce dragon or a demon, he would care less. In his mind, he need to protect his people, his family, the book, and whatever gods or Titan’s legacy.

From the sky above, he could see how the lycans attacks his clan, and he could also see Kyunglim among the Lycans. Seeing his family and Kiko struggling defending their home, makes his heart fill with rage. When one of the Lycans managed to hit his father, and another has bitten Dami, he quickly flew directly towards the Lycans. Chanting a few spell, he managed to build a wall of fire and throw all the lycans that has knocked his family into his shield. Landed in front of his clan,  he gave Youngbae and Seunghyun time to get down from his back before he shifted. He knew, he won’t be shifting to his usual form, a delicate human, instead, he took the power of his vessel, decided that it is the time to make use of his own vessel.

The attacks of the Lycans halted for a few moments. He also knew that his clan was astonished seeing his form. These few full moons after him being the keeper, he already mastered few magics, as well the knowledge of necromancy. He knew Jaesuk prediction is true, and he as well accepted it. He is a necromancer.

Using his pupil-less eyes, he could see Belial has come. Though he told Belial he won’t acknowledge and wanted to be his underlings, the demon has taught few tricks and shows him how to control his power. Belial coming into this battle is just for him to see how he is managing and coping his power all over.

“Glad you have come, Jiyong. I nearly out of arrow,” Kiko came beside him; she has shifted to her personification. Seunghyun and Youngabe have turned to their avatar, and suddenly chant a few spells. Of course, it looks like both Youngbae and Seunghyun also have remembered the past, and they are also good in spells.

The war breaks again, only this time around; it is more ruthless and fierce than before. Manipulating the fire element, he shielded all of his clan, surrounded them with the fire, so that none of the Lycans could touch his precious clan. He could hear his father and mother shrieks, calling him to involve the in the battle, but he ignored their call. It is only left him, Seunghyun, Youngbae and Kiko to face thousands of Lycans.

“Urghh....Jiyong, your smell are sweeter than before. I feel dizzy,” grumbled Youngbae. He could only grin, showing his sharp teeth while Kiko laughed.

Let’s crushed them as fast as we can, the Dark Palace need me,” he said calmly.

“You realised that it only four of us, right?” Seunghyun muttered sarcastically. Jiyong just smiled, his blue eyes shimmering dangerously.

Kyunglim suddenly appeared amongst the lycans in his avatar. His face is full with hatred. Jiyong just smirked, as the original shape shifter aura radiates hate and fear; which for Jiyong, he could really taste it. In this daimon form, he really enjoys absorbing aura, as it could give more energy to him.

“Murderer! You dare called yourself a keeper. I should claim you instead giving you to my son! Hand us the book or we’ll crush you,” Kyunglim roar. Jiyong’s smirk turns into a grin, and turn into an evil laughter. His laughter resonates through the night, laced with something dangerous and evil, making everyone who heard shivering with fear.

“Are you challenging me, my lord? You knew I am not as weak as before, right?” His voice has becoming huskier than before. Kyunglim shuddered, but he kept his calm face, as he really wanted the Book of Power into his possession.

“Lycans, attack them!!!” and the battle begins.

Jiyong, Kiko, Seunghyun and Youngbae stands on their ground, while the lycans attacks them in full speed. Jiyong could hear his clan howling, while his father begging him to release them from his shield so that he could join him for war. He pulled his fire elements, manipulates it and flicks his fingers, making all the Lycans that attacked them incinerated in his fire. Youngbae, who has been taught and asked to master the element of wind, have created a storm that managed to squeeze the life from the lycans. Kiko’s arrows has been laced with magic, which made her could kill as many enemies using only one arrow, while Seunghyun who already turned to a giant serpent, keep spitting toxic venom towards the lycans, making them howls in agony as the venom melts their skin to the bone.

Seeing the lycans corpses started to pile, Jiyong’s blue eyes started to shine brightly. Looking at it, Kiko signalled Youngbae and Seunghyun to step back, leaving Jiyong alone in front of them. He chanted a very ancient spell, and slowly, all of the lycans that still alive stepped back. A pair of small horn slowly emerged from Jiyong forehead. To the other lycans surprised, the corpses started to be alive, but their eyes has turned white. The corpses started to attack the other lycans, biting and eating them, and in few seconds, the Lycans have been defeated, leaving only Kyunglim being surrounded by the corpses. Jiyong then flicked his fingers, and all the corpses fall back to earth, dead again.

Jiyong has turned back into his old self. His clan cheered him up, praising him, although he could smell the fear of the clan towards his transformation. His family hugged him tightly, and Younghoon scolded him for taking the battle in his own hand. The shape shifters of the Kwon Clan are flabbergasted seeing the lycans has being defeated by only the four of them.

“You..you are a necromancer. A daemon!” Kyunglim shrieks when Seunghyun and Youngbae take him as their hostage. Jiyong just kept his face straight.

“I maybe am, but I still the head of Kwon Clan, and the legitimate keeper. My body is a daemon, but my heart is human. Get used to it, Kyunglim. Or else, whether you are the offspring of my mother, I would not hesitate to kill you next time,” and with that he left Kyunglim rotted at his underground dungeons, putting a curse so that the original could not escape.

They received an iris message from Selene, telling them to come to the Dark Castle as another army of Lycans, and Lycaeon has surrounded them. They are ready to tear the castle down; luckily that Hecate has shielded the castle with magic, only it could only last another night.

Jiyong then turned to a dragon, with Seunghyun and Youngbae climbed on his back, while Kiko summoned a wind nymph to follow them, leaving his clan and family surprised with their action.


Author Note : Heeyyyy!!!! I'm back. Hope you will enjoy this chapter. It will be more or less intense on the next chapter. Sorry for the late update.

Thank you to artello for the upvote. Please leave comments. It will make me feel more motivated to update. Love you all.