Chapter 38

I Don't Love You Anymore

You could've sworn the entire world went quiet, you knew what you were seeing but it didn't want to register in your brain. She looked slightly familiar but you didn't know her, she was very pretty but she had a lot of makeup on and the shortest, tightest dress you've ever seen. Or maybe it wasn't a dress she just wasn't wearing any pants, you couldn't tell.

"What're you doing?", your voice was strangely calm.

GiKwang's face went from shocked to plain angry, "I told you not to come here."

"I'm a grown woman, I'll go wherever the hell I please", you replied in a matter-of-fact way. He glared at you without saying anything more until the girl tugged on his arm, "Oppa..who is she?" He yanked his arm from her, "Leave!"

DooJoon finally spoke up, he gently grabbed your arm, "Come I'll get you out of here." You let him guide you out of the room but GiKwang wouldn't move out of the way.

"I'll take her home", he said like it was a challenge, you felt DooJoon's grip tighten around your wrist. Your eyes went past him to where the girl stood, she had moved further back but she didn't leave. Your eyes met and she looked away with a smirk on her face. "She's enjoying this", you thought, maybe she doesn't know he's married to me but she does know he isn't single, this wasn't just about GiKwang's betrayal anymore your pride as a woman was on the line. At least right now.

"Enough!", you pulled your hand from DooJoon , "Do you actually have a schedule today?", there was no emotion in your face or voice while you looked at GiKwang.

"Yes", GiKwang's voice softened.

"Don't stay more than you have to", you glided past him and stared at the girl, "what're you still doing here?"

"I told you to get out!", GiKwang barked from behind you. She stared defiantly at you with a sour look on her face for a second before she slammed the door and left.

"MiNah...", GiKwang called out softly. You raised your hand to stop his words, "Can you give us a moment?", DooJoon reluctantly moved away, far enough to give you privacy but close enough to be able to help you if you need it.

As soon as you were alone it was different, you didn't know what to think let alone say. You kept your head cool because you didn't want to appear like a weak, love-struck idiot in front of the girl he was with. But now your mind was numb and tightness in your throat muffled any words you could muster.

The silence was suffocating and GiKwang realized that if he stayed quiet you would never say anything, he expected you to loose your head at the very least, "MiNah it's not what it looks like.."

You gave him an icy look, "Then explain what..that was."

"She was nothing. I ended it but she wouldn't leave me alone and I didn't know what to do.."

The frigid look  on your face didn't change, "Do you think I'm stupid?" GiKwang didn't know what to say.

"You think that's what I'm concerned about? About why she was here?", you looked at him in disbelief, "There's something wrong with you..you're not the same GiKwang I knew."

"Why do you always bring that up?! Don't act like you're the victim, you left me first!"

"You're more selfish than I realized..and I was going to accept that but not this..I can't accept this..I", you whispered to yourself more than you were actually talking to GiKwang. He whispered your name and reached for your hand but right before he would touch you, you pulled away in disgust. You looked back on how many times you let him treat you like a toy, dropping you when he was bored, with anger and loathing. You had sworn to yourself that you wouldn't be a weak woman, that no one had the right to treat you like that but here you were with nothing, you had given it all to him, and trying to rescue the pieces of your shredded dignity.

"I'm sorry MiNah...it meant nothing trust me. I was angry because you were always hanging out with DooJoon, stress from work was becoming too much, and when you left I...couldn't take it anymore I was lonely."

Your hand swung up on its own and came down in a hard slap on his cheek, it burned like it was on fire but the fact that his face was stunned stupid made it bearable, "Lonely? LONELY?! You arrogant, selfish, conceited bastard!! Were you lonely when I quit my job so I could arrange my schedule around yours?! Or when I married you, believing your lies were real, like a idiot?! When I quit my other job and became a pitiful housewife, waiting for you to come home like a stray puppy?!?! Don't treat me like you treat those stupid girls Gikwang, I don't want half- excuses."

GiKwang was so surprised that he couldn't speak but you weren't going to wait for him to snap out of it, you yanked the rings from your fingers and held them out for him to take. All GiKwang could manage to do was shake his head and protest in silence since his voice still hadn't returned so you opened your hand and let them drop by his feet.

"You said you forgave me..", his voice was soft but the look in his eyes was anything but soft. The only thing these words did was make you angrier, not only did he think he could flip his betrayal on you he tried tricking you into some kind of guilt.

"Not for this, I never thought you would do this to me", your voice softened, "I guess I loved you too much."

" 'Loved'? Don't talk about us like we're over MiNah, I still love you,I always have and I always will", his sweet words almost swayed your feelings but you remained strong, you couldn't believe any of his words anymore.

You shook your head, "No words change what you've done, if you really did love me, truly loved me like I have you, then a pitiful couple of weeks wouldn't have made you cheat me of everything I had. I've been with you, caring about you, since before you were famous back when we were just teenagers, I tried to warn you that things wouldn't be so simple but you wouldn't listen to me GiKwang. And now I have to pay the price for ignoring what I felt and you have to pay for your part too, you won't have me anymore."

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I took so long to update but I hope I wrote up to your expectations ^_^

Thank you all for your comments they motivated me so much!

It looks like MiNah's road with GiKwang is at it's end...or is it? Will DooJoon swoop in and take her?