Chapter 27

I Don't Love You Anymore

"Ok we're here."

You took your blindfold off, "...where are we?"

You looked out of the window but didn't recognize a single thing, the car was on a dirt road that faced what looked like the entrance to a giant garden lined with large trees. Behind was large fields with no one in sight as far as you could see.

"I used to come here with my family when I was younger." The two of you stepped out of the car, he smiled when he saw you taking deep breaths. The air smelled sweet, like flowers. There was a cool breeze that surrounded the place, bringing fresh air with it.

DooJoon had put on a hat and was walking towards the entrance, "Let's go MiNah."

"Why aren't there any people?"

"No one comes during the week. We went through the greens keeper's entrance too."

"I've never been here", you took another deep breath, "it even smells nice."

Once you were inside, there were rows of flowers, each row a different kind, surrounding a large fountain with floating lilies in it.

"So, what do you think?", he looked at you and smiled.

You weren't super romantic when it came to gifts but for some reason you felt so moved, "It's beautiful", you whispered.

He wrapped his strong, warm hand around yours and guided you up and down the rows admiring the flowers and plants that framed them. Every couple steps you would stop and smell a different flower, he would stand your side and wait patiently, never letting go of your hand. Finally the two of you reached the fountain, there was a vine of jasmine that wrapped around the bottom, the fragrance was strong but sweet.

"You're so lucky to have grown up around here DooJoon."

"I wasn't so interested in the flowers but it was nice coming here with my family. My dad would take me to the next garden where the trees are grown and my mom and sister would stay here with the flowers." He smiled to himself remembering back to those times.

In the 18 years you had lived with your family you couldn't think of a single place you shared special memories with them. You just went wherever your parents took you and your siblings but no one really talked to each other, everyone would go their own way.

You smiled because he looked so happy but a part of you was jealous. You would always get a little jealous when you saw families being loving with each other back when you worked at the restaurant. You thought back to how fathers would have their daughters on their laps and mothers would fix a plate for everyone before she made one for herself. The children would play with each other while the parents talked and laughed.

While you were loosing yourself in thoughts of times that felt like a lifetime away DooJoon grabbed you by the waist and pushed you towards a corner, you looked up and saw he had his head down using his hat to cover his face, you looked back and saw a bunch of kids in school uniforms had come in. He led you through an archway that led into a grove of blossoming orange trees.

He let go, "Sorry about that MiNah. I wasn't going to take a chance that they might notice who I am."

"This is where you were talking about?"

"Yup. There's actually a secret spot I wanted to show you, almost no one knows about it." You followed as he walked straight into the orchard.

"Then how do you know about it?", you teased but all he did was look back and smirk.

He made many twists and turns before he stopped at what looked like a wall of trees. You assumed it was the edge of the garden but he pushed branches aside for you to pass through. When you stepped inside you felt the softest, greenest grass under your feet  then a worn but cozy looking bench surrounded on all sides by orange trees with blossoms in full bloom. The fragrance from the blossoms made the air fresh and clean.

"I don't know what to say...", you sat down on the ground running your fingers through the grass.

"Do you know what orange blossoms stand for?", he handed you a freshly picked flower.

"What?"

"Innocence and eternal love." You stayed quiet, just staring at the flower in your hand, he sat down beside you and took the flower back.

He continued, "I was hoping this would cheer you up but it looks like I picked the wrong place."

"You always know how to make me feel better but I'm tired of thinking about love, I just want to forget for now."

"Ok, I understand." He lifted you up and sat you on the bench, he began telling you about his childhood, how he became interested in music, about the first time he became a trainee, and the friends he's made.

"We should go now MiNah. It's hard to find the way out when it gets dark", you hadn't realized how much time had gone by until you looked at the sky and saw the sun was setting.

"You're right, let's go." He led you by the hand all the way out to the car.

"I won't be able to see you tomorrow but what time do you leave for the airport?"

"It'll be too early in the morning, I'll be gone by tomorrow night."

"Will you tell me where you're going?"

"I'm going to the US. I'll be staying at a relatives house in LA but you CAN'T tell GiKwang where I am."

"Why not? Shouldn't he know where his wife is?"

"I won't be able to concentrate on what I need to do if I'm worrying about what he might do. Even though he never cared before he's really not happy with me leaving. So promise me you won't tell him."

"I promise MiNah." DooJoon dropped you off at your door, "I'll see you off when you leave." He gave you a hug before watching you go inside. You had become so used to having DooJoon by your side that it felt a little weird not having him around.

You whispered to yourself, "I used to love it here, now it feels like a cage." You went to bed in your clothes, you wanted to smell like orange blossoms for as long as you could.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not really happy with this chapter but it's been a week (again) since my last update so I had to leave it as is. Was it romantic???? Did you like it???? If you could be a sweetheart and leave a comment id love you forever and a day >.<