Chapter 28

I Don't Love You Anymore

You woke up to the sound of rain hitting the windows. From your bed all you could see was the sky but it looked sad, like it was crying on purpose.

"Uljima..", you whispered. Memories of spending rainy days together with GiKwang came to your mind. The two of you had gone to a cafe to wait out the rain. He was the sweet, caring GiKwang you fell in love with.

"Ahh~", he had opened his mouth.

"Yah! People are looking..", you weren't used to having a boyfriend, since he was your first, or being affectionate in public yet. He thought you looked cute when you were embarrassed, since you didn't blush very easily, so he did it whenever he had a chance just to see you act shy.

"They're just jealous I have such a pretty girlfriend, ne?", he said in a cute voice that he only used when he was trying to make you feel better. It made you smile, like usual, and you nodded.

The rain started to stop, "See? Your smile fixes everything!", he pointed to your lips.

Right then your phone brought you back to reality, you answered without looking at the caller ID, "Hello?"

"Hi sweetie it's me."

"Mom?"

"Yes, is  everything alright?"

"Why do you think anything's wrong?"

"I'm your mother, of course I would know when something's wrong."

"I'm serious", there was no way she could know, the last time you talked to her was at your wedding and you never told anyone, except for DooJoon.

"...your cousin called me. She said that you were going to go visit with her? There has got to be something wrong if you're willingly going to stay with her."

"Why can't she just keep her business her business?"

"You haven't even seen her yet and you're already annoyed! Why are you going? Are you taking GiKwang?"

You sighed, it was always trouble trying to explain your problems but you couldn't hide it from her either, "GiKwang and I...aren't getting along anymore and I think getting away from him for a while might do me some good. Even being with her is better than here."

Your mom stayed silent for a while, "Are you sure it's okay for you to leave?"

"If I hadn't told him, he wouldn't have noticed. Besides if I stay any longer these feelings I have are only going to get worse."

"What do you mean?"

"...I just...I love him so much but I feel like it was a mistake. I shouldn't have gotten married."

"It was a risk you were willing to take though."

"It wasn't enough. From the start things went bad and if I was smarter I would've seen that but instead I was just as stupid as all the other girls who think that love is the answer to everything", you started tearing up, not from sadness, from feeling angry at yourself.

"If he loved me, he would've waited for me", a tear fell, "but he didn't and now I'm paying the price."

"Oh sweetie, that's not true. I know he loves you."

"I thought about it very carefully and I've made my choice so please don't make me feel worse."

"...I understand. Your flight is tomorrow right, what time?"

"It's at 9 am."

"Will you come stay with me tonight? I'll call your brother and sister so we can all be together, it'll be just like before."

You didn't really care about everyone being together but it was before you met GiKwang, before you gave your heart away, "Thanks mom. I'll come over tonight."

"I'll see you later. Bye sweetie."

This was the first time you had told anyone your true feelings, deep down a piece of your heart wished you had never married GiKwang. The other half convinced you of how much you loved him and how much you needed him but every time you had to convince yourself it was a harder.

"This is for the best", you whispered to yourself and got out of bed. You had to gather your strength before you called GiKwang, he never called you and you hadn't called him either since the night at the hotel. Your heart pounded while it rang but he didn't pick up.

"It's me. I'll be at home until ten, you don't have to stay long but I want to at least see you. Bye."

You called DooJoon but he had a schedule so he wouldn't be able to pick up, "Don't worry about seeing me off tomorrow DooJoon. I'm going to go see my mom before I leave. I'll go from her house to the airport but I promise I'll call you before I leave." The time was almost 8 so you had the whole day to prepare yourself.

You didn't feel like eating anything, your things were all packed, and it was too early to leave for your mom's house. It felt like torture, every time you heard a sound coming from the door you jumped up thinking he came to see you, but he never came.

Eventually, after what seemed like forever, it was almost time for you to go. You looked at your watch and there was only 15 minutes left, your heart beat slow, it was still waiting for GiKwang but your head told you that time was up. There was no point in waiting a few more minutes if he wasn't going to come.

With your heart aching, you picked up your bags ready to leave everything behind. You were standing in front of the door when it flew open and a tired worn-out looking GiKwang came in.

"I'm home", he said with a smile.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

I try not to use pictures with watermarks but I just had to use that photo of GiKwang XD Just look at those lips!!!

LOL okay I sound like a weirdo -.-

Anyway about the story XD Is GiKwang too little too late?

Leave a comment! Pls? ^_^