Chapter 24

I Don't Love You Anymore

 

GiKwang's phone stopped ringing but he didn't move, he didn't speak, you weren't even sure he was breathing. This wasn't revenge, you weren't trying to hurt him but no matter what you did things never got better, there was no end in sight.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a ringing phone, not his though, your phone. When you pulled it out of your pocket the sound echoed off the walls, snapping him out of his daze.

Your heart thumped when you looked at the screen, "DooJoon calling.."  That jerk JunHyung probably told him you were here. You imagined DooJoon going crazy looking for you seeing as how you ignored his calls all week. All of a sudden you felt bad for being such a bad friend to him when all he did was look out for you and comfort you when you needed it the most.

"GiKwang I have to go. I'll call you again soon."

"MiNah wait!", he grabbed your arm and pulled hard, it hurt so bad you let out a yelp.

"GiKwang it hurts!", you used your other hand to try to free yourself from his grip.

He let go, "Oh MiNah I'm sorry but you can't leave now."

"Yes I do it's important."

"You can't just say leave without explaining MiNah!", you could hear some desperation in his voice.

"You're right I'm sorry", the phone in your hand stopped ringing, "It's just that nothing I do works. Everyday we're a little more apart, everyday we're a little more like strangers GiKwang. I'm going to need some time to think, about us."

"Are you... leaving me?"

You stepped forward and held his hand, "No GiKwang. I love you almost too much but I have to figure out how to either deal with the way things are now or think of a better way to fix things. Right now I feel like I'm suffocating"

"You don't have to go anywhere to figure that out!"

"Being here isn't working out though." How many times had you tried to make an effort, to meet halfway, or do all the work? You couldn't even count them anymore but there was never any use either way.

"Then where are you going?"

"I can't tell you that."

His eyes widened, "What?"

"It's time for me to figure out what I'm going to do by myself. Being around you always makes me anxious and distracted. I can't think when I'm like that and everything ends up turning into a mess." You searched his eyes hoping he understood how important this was for you.

"No MiNah. You can't leave just because you want to."

"You know what though GiKwang? I didn't come here to ask for permission, I came to say goodbye." It was times like these where you wished you could call him out on being such  jerk but you were too rational to do that, the only thing it would do is add oil to the fire.

GiKwang gave you a mean stare but didn't say anything. You sighed, "I'll call you before I leave." It was frustrating how he acted  like he was the only one with a reason for being upset. You snuck out of the room making sure no one saw you when your phone rang again. Your heart thumped again because you knew it was DooJoon.

"Hello?"

"MiNah where are you?" His voice sounded out of breath.

"I'm sorry", was all you could whisper, fighting back tears.

"Found you." You opened your eyes, DooJoon was standing there with his phone to his ear. He put it away and mouthed "follow me", he led you out of the lobby to the outside patio by the pool.

You felt so guilty for avoiding him that you couldn't look him in the face.

"MiNah what's wrong?" He noticed how you hadn't looked at him.

You bowed low, "I'm sorry for being a bad friend. I shouldn't have ignored you like I did", you kept your head down as a tear ran down your cheek. He was the only person that showed you he cared but you were selfish and ignored him.

He stepped forward and brushed the tear off your cheek, "MiNah I'm not mad. I'll never force you to talk if you don't want to I just want to know you're okay. That's all I ever want."

"I'm sorry", you whispered it again. He cupped your face in  his hands, "There's nothing to be sorry about! So stop saying that. If you give me a smile I'll give you a hug." You giggled to yourself about how much this reminded you of a big brother cheering up a little girl by offering a cookie.

"There it is!", he let go of your face and wrapped his arms around you. You hugged him back as tight as you physically could, "Yah! Not too tight, I'm getting old", he whined.

"Hahaha! Should I go tell those girls in there their 'oppa' is actually a 'haraboji'?"

"Let's see how you like it!", he hugged you tight but you could tell he was holding back, he didn't want to actually hurt you.

"Appo! DooJoon I think you cracked a rib or something.." he let go and looked at you with a scared look on his face. You laughed in his face as he realized you pranked him.

"Bad move MiNah!" He squeezed you even harder, but still not enough to hurt you, while you laughed and squealed like crazy in his arms. Like usual, DooJoon made you forget about everything bad around you.

The two of you were so busy acting like little kids that you didn't notice GiKwang had walked outside. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, to him it was more than a big brother comforting his sister, he stood there for a couple seconds trying to make out what was happening but the more he saw the less he cared. 

He grabbed you by the arm and yanked you back, hard. Your eyes were wide from the shock as he brought his face close to yours, "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Yah GiKwang!", DooJoon was angry at how he was handling you.

GiKwang let go of you and turned his attention to DooJoon, "What gives you any right to talk?". There was no way to describe GiKwang, furious was an understatement.

"Just calm down GiKwang and I'll explain everything", DooJoon wasn't the leader just because of age, he was calm and tried to keep the conversation peaceful.

"I don't give a damn what you have to say. This is the only time I'll say this, don't come near MiNah anymore."

"That's for her to decide but right now isn't the time. So let's all go back to where we came from and deal with this tomorrow." He reached for you so he could lead you outside but GiKwang grabbed his shirt, "What the hell did I just say?!"

You grabbed his arm, "GiKwang stop it!", but he brushed you off. "She's mine. You can't call yourself a man if your trying to mess around with another guy's wife."

DooJoon had kept his cool this entire time but he was getting annoyed, "If she's your wife then treat her like it you idiot." He pushed GiKwang off.

You were standing by with your hands in fists so tight your knuckles turned white, the things GiKwang was saying were making you go insane with anger. GiKwang was walking back up to DooJoon, probably to insult him again but you got there first, blocking him.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't believe it's been a week since my last update! Sorry guys D: Anyway it was a long chapter so let's call it even XP

P.S.

I know I'm making GiKwang out to be a really bad guy but....it's more fun like that XD