[THE WIDOW]

MAKE IT A REALITY: G-DRAGON & YOONA ONE-SHOTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It was a year ago when the quiet town of Eummo was shaken by the disappearance of Choi Seunghyun. Choi is a successful businessman handling most of the trade business coming from the small town. Today, on the first day of the construction of the new children's park, the workers have dug up a body which is believed to be the body of the missing businessman. We are hearing from Eummo Mayor Shim Changmin today." 

 

The esteemed mayor took on the podium with a solemn expression. "It is with a solemn heart that I am reporting the findings of our medical examiner. The body dug up in the construction site is indeed Mr. Choi Seunghyun. His family has already been notified. Let me just say that I have full confidence for the Eummo Police Department. The case is no longer cold and they will be investigating the case once again. Thank you for your time."

 

Yoona sat quietly on the backseat, her hands gripping the end of her skirt. She was looking outside, not wanting to see the photos from the news from the small LCD screen in the car. 

 

"Do not smile. Do not laugh. Do not show any sign of positive emotions once we walk out of the car. Do not look indifferent. You need to look in grief at the very least." Choi Siwon tossed a pair of dark sunglasses at her. "Wear this."

 

"I know what to do, oppa." 

 

Siwon sighed. "I know you do. The media are savages. They interpret the smallest things. The police already suspects you. We do not want the media feeding the public with lies just because they see you any less than devastated for your husband's death."

 

"I did not kill my husband." Yoona finally looked at her cousin/lawyer. 

 

Siwon did a double-take. "O-of course not! I believe you, Yoong. I'm just worried how this can go. They will ask if you've talked to--"

 

"I haven't had any contact with him."

 

"How about--"

 

"Tiffany?" Yoona's lips curved into a small smile. "My best friend  is busy living a social media influencer's life. A preschool teacher like me is not the glamorous company she seeks these days."

 

Yoona had completely detached herself from her old life. She has a new job as a preschool teacher four towns over. She has new friends. A new house she calls home. Nothing like the nightmare she lived in Eummo a year ago when her husband of three years, Choi Seunghyun, went missing. She was ostracized and dubbed as The Black Widow, everyone believing she had something to do with his death. 

 

Choi Seunghyun was well-loved in the community. He had given the people regular jobs and had been a generous boss. He also supported several philantrophies and basically put the small town of Eummo in the map. He was the good husband and she was the wicked wife. People had suddenly voiced out their observations on how Yoona would not usually attend events with her husband and in the seldom occassion she does, she would not converse with anyone. Unlike the social butterfly that Choi Seunghyun was.

 

Now she's back in this God-forbidden town. The police had called her asking her to come in. 

 

"I don't want the police to have the wrong idea so when they question you-- you think they called you to come in just to tell you it's your husband they found? -- I will be outside waiting. If they turn hostile or keep on pressing you, even if you just feel uncomfortable, call me and I'll come in." Siwon fixed his tie as they just arrived at the police station. 

 

A number of news vans and reporters were already waiting for them.

 

"Thank you for doing this with me, Siwon oppa." Yoona exhaled, mentally preparing herself to pass through the circus.

 

"Yoona-ssi, are you the one who buried your husband there?"

 

"Did you expect them to find his body?"

 

"How do you feel about this new development in your husband's case?"

 

"Did you kill your husband, Yoona-ssi?"

 

Yoona walked looking down with Siwon blocking her face from the reporters. She had made sure to mind her expression. No anger, no joy. Just old, grim grief.

 

"Sorry about that, Ms. Im. Thank you for coming in quickly." Detective Kim Heechul said as soon as they were inside the police station. He and Detective Park Leeteuk were the detectives assiged to her husband's case from the very start.

 

"Thank you for calling me as soon as there was news." She said in a small voice.

 

"I'd like to ask you a few question before we bring you to the medical examiner's office to see your husband's remains."

 

Yoona only nodded. It's not like she has a choice.

 

They settled in the interrogation room. A room that has become familiar to Yoona from the past year. The hours she had spent here being grilled for information. For a confession.

 

"You installed a new mirror." Yoona observed and then regretted it immediately. She hates this but she shouldn't be so mouthy in front of the detective.

 

"Oh. Yeah." Heechul only chuckled. "Let's hope you don't need to get used to it. How have you been, Yoona-ssi?"

 

Kim Heechul was not only a detective to Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter