[MEANT TO BE]

MAKE IT A REALITY: G-DRAGON & YOONA ONE-SHOTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe it, Ji." Yoona shook her head, taking in the theme of the party and the elegance of it all. "It seems like yesterday when we were having our 16th birthday parties and now we're here in Bae and Hyorin's wedding."

 

"Ahh yes, being 16. Sneaking in alcohol in the house and mixing it with soda in a can to hide it. Pretending to be so drunk to get with the ladies."

 

Yoona scrunched her nose in disgust. "Speak for yourself! I don't remember participating in such rebellious acts."

 

He gave her a patronizing smile. "That's because the most rebellious thing you did was cut class and roast swete potatoes with your little band of geeks."

 

"At least I didn't make myself look stupid waiting for a girl in the rain. How many days did you have the flu? And on the days your parents were out of town no less!"

 

Jiyong poked her side teasingly. "You know you love taking care of me."

 

"You are mistaking a bestfriend's obligation with loving to take care of you." She toned down their banter. "But I know too that you've been there for me when I was sick a few times after that."

 

Kwon Jiyong, Im Yoona, Dong Young Bae and Min Hyorin have been best of friends ever since middle school. They grew up together, their houses a few blocks away from one another. Hyorin and Yoona went to the same college. Jiyong and YoungBae did as well. Their universities? A stone's throw away. 

 

They've known each other for a long time that they have been there through each other's ups and downs. They had fights and seasons where they don't talk to each other but they promised to be there for the big moments and no one had broken the promise since.

 

"Uh oh." Yoona noticed the herd of enemies also known as their parents so she looked away from them and quickly alerted Jiyong. "Inquisitors incoming!"

 

Jiyong spotted them immediately and made the mistake of locking eyes with his mom.

 

"Can we get away? Let's mingle with the other guests."

 

"Too late." Jiyong said, smiling with all his teeth out. "I locked eyes with mom."

 

"What the-- rookie move, dude!" 

 

"Sorry." He answered, still smiling. "Just put on your smile."

 

"Ugh, I hate Hyorin and Bae oppa for marrying! How can they do this to us?" She grumbled but then put on a smile for show. "Auntie Kwon~ Mom~ Auntie Min~ Auntie Dong~"

 

"There's the beautiful maid-of-honor! And the dashing best man!" Auntie Min cooed, cupping their faces with her hands. 

 

The women didn't wait for an invitation and each pulled up a chair. 

 

"So, Yoona, it's a great wedding isn't it?" Her mom matched her smile, a smile that really doesn't radiate joy but like a warning from a war. "When will we expect yours?"

 

"Mom..."

 

Auntie Kwon patted Yoona's mom on the shoulder twice. "Oh don't worry, I'm sure they are already thinking about it. Isn't that right, son?"

 

Another warning smile.

 

"It's Bae and Hyorin's day, Mom, Aunties~ Let's make it about them and not about us. We've said it before and we'll say it now, Yoona and I are not together. We've known each other for more than a decade. If it was going to happen..."

 

"It should have happened by now." Yoona finished, both of them nodding at each other.

 

"Well you can't blame us for hoping!" Auntie Dong interjected. "You didn't bring dates today and you two have always been close."

 

That was true. Since Hyorin and Youngbae had been a couple since high school, the two usually wander off on their own paths by themselves leaving Yoona and Jiyong alone. Even if they don't hear from the couple, the two has a standing hangout every first Wednesday of the month. They would get together and hang out. Sometimes the couple would join them but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter