[MAY 30]

MAKE IT A REALITY: G-DRAGON & YOONA ONE-SHOTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 30, 2004, Yoona's 16th birthday

Yuri nudged her friend, the birthday celebrant. "He's looking at you."

Yoona laughed. "Yul, he's my boyfriend. I think I'll be pretty pissed if Chang Wook is looking at other girls and not me."

Ahh, young love. Ji Chang Wook is Yoona's first boyfriend. They met in the first day of high school. He was staring at her and it took at least three 'hellos' before he actually moved. Chang Wook told their friends that he likes her and was going to make a move at her after their exams. Yoona heard about it and just like that, they started hanging out together with friends. And then hanging out together alone. They've been dating on and off for three years now. On and off because Chang Wook isn't really the most faithful guy.

He ditched Yoona for one of their classmates before but they reconciled three months ago. Right now, Chang Wook has been the perfect boyfriend. 

"Yeah, I know he's your boyfriend. You guys like to rub it off our faces like everyday." Yuri rolled her eyes. "What I mean is he's looking at you weirdly. Oh here he comes!"

Yoona turned around and she saw her boyfriend smiling sheepishly at her, his hands on his pocket. "Hey baby."

"It's a nice turn out for your party." Chang Wook said. "It's pretty cool of your parents to take the whole class to the arcade."

Yoona shrugged. "They're making up for not being here for my last three birthdays."

"Yeah, can we talk outside?"

"Sure. Is something wrong, baby?"

As soon as they were outside, Chang Wook exhaled nervously. "I know I haven't been the best boyfriend. And I hate that I hurt you by... you know. I want to make a promise to you that I will never do that to you again. And that I appreciate this chance you've given me."

He presented her a ring. Yoona looked scared after seeing what he got for her.

"No! This is not an engagement-- no! It's a promise ring. A promise that I will never hurt you like that again. Baby... I love you."

May 30, 2005, Yoona's 17th birthday

"Yoong? Honey?" Her mom stood on the doorway of her bedroom. Her mother can hear her sniffles from under the covers. "I'm sorry your friends couldn't come."

"Stupid flu bug! None of my friends even have it!"

"I know, honey. You know how parents are. It's better safe than sorry." Her mother tried to calm her down.

The news was out that a nasty flu bug was going around their school. Her friends were supposed to come over for her birthday today but the parents of her friends had to put their foot down and ask them to stay home. Now her birthday that has been the talk of their lunches for weeks has been ruined.

The doorbell rang. "I'm going to see who it is."

Her mom left the room. Yoona faced her ceiling. She felt so bad that she was crying over a party. She knew that this is petty but her birthdays used to feel so special. The fact that the world seems to be out to get her during her birthday isn't feeling so special-ish. 

"Honey, you have a visitor!"

Yoona reluctantly pulled herself out of bed. If this is some sick joke, she's going to throw a tantrum to her mom. As she went downstairs and see who's on the door, she gasped.

"Chang Wook, what are you doing here?"

There he was at their front door holding a cake and a huge wolf stuffed toy. "What do you mean what I'm doing here? It's my baby's birthday! I have to be here."

"But.. what about the flu?"

"My mom's a doctor, remember? She says it's no big deal and so here I am!"

With tears running down her eyes, she went and greeted her only guest for her birthday. "Thank you."

May 30, 2009, Yoona's 21st birthday

"Make a wish, baby." He whispered.

She smirked and closed her eyes. She made a wish and blew the candle on the cupcake.

Chang Wook put the cupcake aside and scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry, a cupcake is all we can afford for your birthday."

"Hey, don't say that. I'm happy and I mean, look at us with our own apartment."

There were several ballons and a birthday banner hung up but otherwise, the room was empty except for a mattress and an electric fan. There were no furnitures or designs whatsoever. 

After eight years of dating, the two had moved in together. It wasn't really something they planned. Yoona, after dropping out of college, has to work three buses away from her house. Instead of commuting everyday, they decided to just rent a place together. With all that they had saved up put on the deposit for the apartment, they were left with nothing for the furnishings of their new home.

Yoona couldn't complain though. She always knew that starting life would not be easy breezy. She doesn't really care. The only thing she cares about was that Chang Wook was there with her.

Yoona lowered her eyes and sighed. "I have to tell you something."

Chang Wook held her hand and asked her what it is.

"You know how I'm being crazy about my birthday all the time? I loved birthdays because back then when I was living with my grandparents they would make it so special. One time, they woke me up and gave me this pillow gift that I'd been wanting. It's a pillow with the Disney princesses on it." They both chuckled. "Or that time they actually did a Cinderella-themed party for my 7th birthday. Or that 8th birthday where they made this folder and had all my friends and classmates write on it to greet me a happy birthday."

"I remember when mom and dad told me they're coming home for my 9th birthday. I haven't seen them in months so I was so excited. They planned a day at the park. Just the three of us. I told all of my friends about it. Bragged about it at school. On the day of my 9th birthday, mom called." Yoona smiled bitterly. "Something came up at work and they can't go home. I cried my eyes out. I felt so alone. Yul was actually there. She stopped by to give me my birthday gift. But I just cried and cried and she didn't know what to do to make me feel better."

Yoona exhaled and chuckled somberly. "So you see, I really, really feel like I haven't had someone with me during my birthdays. That wasn't how my parents made me feel. But since we've been together..."

Chang Wook shook his head and wiped a tear from Yoona's face. "Hey.. Don't cry. Yoona... you don't have to worry about that anymore, okay? I'll always be here. I'll be here for every birthday. You'll never feel alone, I promise."

 

 

May 30, 2010, Yoona's 22nd birthday

"I can't believe that jerk broke his promise!" Yuri said as she threw a shell back to the ocean. 

It was the night of Yoona's birthday. They were celebrating it by drinking at the beach, just the two of them. By this time, they were both already drunk. They emptied to whiskey bottles on their own.

Yoona raised a finger. "Hey! Don't say that! The jerk broke TWO promises." She hiccuped. "The first one was he'll never cheat on me again." Hiccup. "The second was that he'll always be here." Hiccup. "On my." Hiccup. "Freaking." Hiccup. "Birthday!"

Yuri cupped her hands on . "JI CHANG WOOK !"

Yoona laughed. She laughed out loud and then she started crying. "I tell him that ing story and then he leaves me for another girl six months later?! Who does that?! WHO DOES THAT?"

Her friend looked at her with teary eyes. "Yoona, you have to stop crying. You're going to make me cry."

"You know this day had a good record. I feel like I'm always crying on my birthday."

Yuri hugged her friend. "It's going to be okay. We'll get through this. You're Him Yoona. Chang Wook can balls."

May 30, 2011, Yoona's 23rd birthday

The little chimes rang as Yoona entered the convenience store. She was a lot tanner than she was ever in her life. She carried a big hiker's bag on her back and her face was covered by the cap she was wearing. 

She went to the liquor section and grabbed two bottles of brandy. Her attention was caught by the customer at the counter who was arguing with the cashier.

"I. Have. No. Peso." He was trying to make gestures with his hands. The cashier just kept shaking his head. "No. Money. AISH!"

He let out a string of curses in Korean and that's when Yoona approached the frustrated customer. She held a thousand-peso bill and gave it to the cashier. "Use it to pay his and mine's."

She looked over to the purchase of her fellow Korean and it was just a pack of cigarettes. 

"Thank you.I'm having a hard time conversing with the locals."

Yoona shrugged. "Maybe learn the language before going to an island like this?" 

With that she exited the convenience store carrying her two bottles of liquor.

"Hey, wait!" She heard the man call to her. "Where are you going?"

"Uhh.. you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter