Are You Kidding Me?

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye POV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I pressed my alarm clock’s button to shut it up, and groggily sat up, hand-brushing through my hair. Sunshine was shining through the window and I smiled as I looked around me. This was my own apartment. All of a sudden I remembered exactly what happened yesterday. I frowned.


“Did we just get...”

“Scammed?” I guessed, from the look on his face.

There was a silence as we shifted uncomfortably.

“There’s no other choice.” He said, serious look on his face.

“Huh?”

“We’ll just have to live together for a while.”

Live together? With HIM?! “ExCUSE me, but what?! I paid lots of hard earned money for this apartment-“

“I paid for it too!”

“- And I didn’t pay for this just to share a room with YOU.”

“What makes you think I did?”

There was another silence as we glared at each other.

“Didn’t I already say there’s no other choice? The seller won’t pick up and we don’t know a thing about the real estate agency. There’s no one to help us and I’m not getting out of here, besides, you look rich enough so why can't you just leave?” He said, eyes baring into mine as he indicated to the clothes I was wearing.

"So you're telling me to just throw away the 50 million won that I worked so hard for?!"

"I'm sure it was just a measly amount for you."

I felt my cheeks flush, partly at the unbelievable rudeness of this guy and partly because, it was well- true. I did come from a wealthy family, but nevertheless, I also really did earn the 5 million won all by myself. Which was a big deal.

I clenched my fists as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Well, bad luck, I'm staying here whether you like it or not."

"And so am I." He replied as he sat down and began unpacking.

I sighed, grabbed my luggage and started heading towards the bedroom.

"HEY! What do you think you’re doing?!"

I turned around at the sound of his voice, 'Going into the bedroom of course." , I added silently in my head.

"Who said the bedroom belonged to you?"

"Why not? You get the living room, I get the bedroom, yes?"

"No, we never agreed on that, this apartment is OURS not yours!"

"FINE THEN you get the bedroom, I get the living room, GEEZ." I replied as I started taking my luggage back to the living room.

"NO! I want the living room, you can have the bedroom."

I clenched my fists as I thought to myself to be calm Jung Hye, be calm, this guy is doing this to get on your nerves, so just ignore him and no, you can't punch him, because you are a nice person, a very nice and very calm person,  so just take some deep breaths and smile instead.

So I smiled at the obviously mentally challenged guy before very calmly walked into the bedroom, and very calmly slamming the door.

Ah, yes, I felt a lot better now.

I sighed as I sat down on the floor and begun unpacking.

Why oh why am I so unfortunate? What did I ever do in my past life to deserve this? I can't believe I was scammed! Of course, I should just go back to my parents, but that would mean admitting defeat to the guy and my parents, and call me stubborn but I couldn't do that. Oh life must just hate me.

There was a knock at the door, and it opened (before I even said come in!) revealing the a Mr I'm-too-good-for-you's head.

“Just so you know, since we’ll be living together from now on, I have some rules.”

I rolled my eyes. Who was he? My mum?

“First of all, don’t invite friends over. Second, we’re not going to have dinner together, third, we’re strangers outside the house.”

I rolled my eyes again before nodding at him and giving him a nice smile. Yes, let him be in the delusion that I wouldn’t invite my friends to MY house.

“Oh, and don’t leave tampons or anything lying around. Ew.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Of course I won’t and of course I will follow ALL your rules and you don’t even have to THINK about my rules, even though technically this is also my house.” I said as I smiled at him again. Like hell I would follow his rules.

If he understood the sarcasm, he didn’t show it, he simple nodded at me before closing the door. Moments later, he opened the door again (this time without knocking at all!) and peeked his head though. “Since you’re living with me, what’s your name? I forgot.”

Haha. How typical too good to even remember his now roommates name. “Park Jung Hye. Yours?”

“Kim Jonghyun.”

And that was as far as we got with getting to know each other.


Yes, what an absolutely fantastically social roommate I have.  I sighed as I opened the door and found Jonghyun sleeping on his mattress in the corner. He looked to be around my age – shouldn’t he have school too? Well, whatever, serves him right for being such a jerk if he’s late to school. Not like I was going to disturb his beauty sleep.

I went inside the bathroom and locked the door, preparing myself for the first day of my senior year of high school.

Jonghyun POV

I woke up with sunshine on my eyes. My hands started feeling around the place where my alarm clock would usually be – until I realized there was nothing.

I turned away from the sunshine and looked towards my surroundings, and suddenly I remembered yesterday’s events.

And if that was yesterday, then today must be the first day of starting at a new school. Oh crap.

I panicked and started scrambling about for a clock, but of course, I didn’t unpack my clock so I ran over to Jung Hye’s bedroom. It was empty. What a surprise, she probably purposely tiptoed quietly around the room so I could be late to school.  Then I found her Hello Kitty clock by her bedside table.

9:23AM.

Boy, was I screwed.

Jung Hye POV

So, I was just sitting there in class, pretending I was listening and jotting down notes but actually just writing notes to Yoo Mi, my best friend.  When all of a sudden the door banged open, startling the class awake and silencing the teacher, and guess who happened to show his face?

Kim Jonghyun.


A/N: Sorry, this was sort of a filler chapter, not that interesting but thanks to everyone who has subscribed and commented! It makes us so happy ! =)