Swings.

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Taemin POV
 
"Where are we going?" Jung Hye asks as she willingly follows me along the corridors and out of the school.
 
The truth is, we were suppose to finish off our assignment today but she was obviously not in the mood as when Jung Hye 
had walked into the classroom ten minutes late, her eyes had a slight tinge of red and were slightly puffy- a sure sign she had been crying and later as I waited outside of the classroom I had heard her and her friend, Yoo Mi, arguing. 
 
So right then and there, I had decided that instead of doing our assignment, I would cheer her up, because that's what friends do right?
 
And so I lie, "Somewhere cool and awesome THAT WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF!" 
 
She rolls her eyes but I see a smile beginning to form, "Suree...I really would like to see my socks get blown off!" 
 
I pout, normally Jung Hye should be jumping up and down and calling me cute! Not being all sarcastical! 'Aww, you know it's just a metaphorical phrase!  But really, the place is super cool! I promise!" But that's alright, because I will cheer her up, and then she will be back to happy Jung Hye again! Yay! I grin to myself as I think of the perfect place to bring her.
 
Jung Hye POV
 
A park. 
 
That's the place Taemin chooses to bring me to. Out of all the AWESOME! COOL! places I was thinking of, a park was definitely not one.
 
'Taemin...' 
 
"Yes?? IT'S COOL ISN'T IT!" 
 
'I do not feel my socks being blown off." 
 
"NOO!! JUNG HYEE! THIS IS A COOL PARKK! LOOK AT THE AWESOME EQUIPMENT THERE IS! THE SWINGS ARE FOUR WAY! HOW AWESOME! RIGHT? RIGHT???" Taemin almost jumps with enthusiasm as he continues describing reasons as to why this particular park is the best park ever in Korea. And while I listen, I can't  help but smile along with him, despite the matter of Yoo Mi and Jonghyun. Jonghyun that bastard, accusing me of things I did not do! I frown at the mere thought of him.
 
"-oh and also, I always come to this park when I'm feeling upset, it really cheers me up!' He says as I see his eyes sparkle. Ahhh. Such childish innocent youth!
 
I giggle, my mind taken away from the thought of Jonghyun "You're just like a cheesy fanfic."
 
"NOO! What? ME BEING A CHEESY FANFIC? That's not cool!" Taemin whined, frowning. Which would be what I expected him to say and do, but instead he gave me a totally different reaction.
 
Taemin's eyes are kind and gentle, with an extra glint that I can't put my finger on.  His smile is not as strong as usual, but it is still there, gentle, inviting and calm. “I’ll be a cheesy fanfic, if it makes you happy.”
 
Instantly, I felt the difference from the hyper, childish Taemin to this gentle-eyed Taemin. “Huh?” I asked, speechless of anything else.
 
'Jung Hye! Look! The swings are free! We must go on, they are my favourite!" And just like that, Taemin seemed to have returned to his playful self. He tugs at my sleeves and pulls me in the direction of the swings. 
 
The moment we arrive at the swings, he lets go of my sleeves and plops himself down onto the swing. He waves a hand to the swing next to his, 'Sit, sit!'
 
So I sit. We sit for a while in a comfortable silence, the park's almost empty, with the except of an odd couple here and there. Couple. Suddenly, I was very well aware of the fact that that is probably what Taemin and I appeared to everyone else. A couple. I smiled to myself at the thought of such a thing.
 
"Hey Jung Hye! Why aren't you swinging?" A voice calls from above me and as I look up, I see that Taemin had already begun swinging.
 
I stay silent, pondering on what to say. You see, the truth was, I didn't actually know how to swing. Shocking right? But no one had taught me when I was young, and I was hardly ever given the chance to go on swings anyways.
 
Seeing I stayed silent, Taemin stops swinging as well, "Don't you like swinging? Maybe we should go somewhere else then..." 
 
I laugh, 'Aww, don't be sad! I like this place a lot! It's just that.. well, I,' I try and find a less embarrassing way of saying that I can't swing, but nothing comes to mind, 'I can't swing.' I finally confess.
 
Silence.
 
I look up at Taemin to only to find that his eyes are wide and he has his mouth slightly open. If it was anyone else, it would probably look super bad, but on him, it simply looks adorably. So adorable that I can't help but smile.
 
'You're joking right Jung Hye?? Right??" He finally manages to get out.
 
'Nope, I really cannot."
 
"HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?!? HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO SWING!? YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT ON ONE OF THE MOST FUN THING IN LIFE! OH MY GOSH, I MUST TEACH YOU NOW. TODAY YOU WILL LEARN." 
 
"Okay! It is actually really easy. First you have to do a little push off, and you do that by just stepping back, then as you step forward, you stick your legs out like this.' Taemin explains as he steps back and swings forward.
 
I follow him.
 
'Yes! Then you just kick your legs back like this.' 
 
I follow him again.
 
'Then you just keep swinging your legs back and forth, and then you're swinging! Easy!" He grins as he swings higher and higher.
 
I try to follow him, but I end up just swinging my legs back and forth while staying at the same place. NOOOO. WHY CAN'T I EVEN LEARN TO SWING? THIS IS SO SAD.
 
"Noooo Taemin! I'm not swinging!!"
 
'Ahahaha, Jung Hye, you look so funny right now! Hahahha' Taemin laughs as he continues swinging.
 
'Hmph, YOU'RE MEAN. YOU'RE JUST A BAD TEACHER!"
 
"What!! I'M THE BEST TEACHER EVER!"
 
"THEN HOW COME I'M NOT SWINGING LIKE A PRO?"
 
'FINE FINE, I'LL COME AND GIVE YOU A PUSH OFF!" Taemin says as he gets of his swing and steps behind me and starts pushing me.
 
"Hehehe, this is so fun!" I smile as I feel the wind rushing pass me as I swing- well, okay, maybe not when I swing, but when Taemin pushes me.
 
'Swing!!" Taemin instructs as he pushes me again.
 
I begin swinging my legs back and forth like Taemin had demostrated. And just like that, I found myself swinging.
 
'TAEMIN!! LOOK, I'M SWINGING! YAY!" Thrilled by the fact that I could finally swing, I began swinging higher and higher. "Wheeeee!" I shouted in delight as I swung higher. This really was fun, why had I not discovered such an awesome thing earlier? It felt so nice, I felt so free, free from all my troubles concerning a certain arrogant jerk. 
 
Feeling confident in finally being able to swing, I decide to tilt my head back. 'OH MY GOSH TAEMIN, THIS IS SO FUN, YOU MUST SWING LIKE THIS, ITS SO FUN! HEHE-AHHHHHHHHH' 
 
Taemin POV
 
One minute Jung Hye was happily swinging away and the next minute she had somehow tipped out of her swing as she lost her balance when swinging.
 
And I just happen to be behind her.
 
And now she just happens to be on top of me.
 
Now, I am very well aware of the fact that there is this pain shooting through my body from the impact of crashing against the sand (luckily it was sand) as Jung Hye fell on top of me.
 
But I am also very aware of the fact that Jung Hye is currently on top of me and staring at me with shocked eyes. And that my arms are around her from when I was attemping to catch her as she fell.
 
Suddenly, I felt like I was conscious of my whole body. I felt my face heat up an unhealthy red and instantly I remember the time at the zoo when Jung Hye tried to get close to me when we were reading the map.
 
I turn away as quickly as I could as I stutter, “J-Jung Hye...”
 
“Ah.” She mutters in realization, as, without difficulty, Jung Hye jumps off from my body. I started to sit up with my head down, trying to get my fringe to cover all of my red face. “Taemin, are you ok?” she asks, as if nothing has just happened.
 
“Y-Yeah...” I said, still keeping my head down. I started slapping my cheeks, hoping that the red colour would drain.
 
Jung Hye POV
I wonder if his is superglued to the sand or something? Because Taemin still doesn’t seem like he’s getting up.
 
“Ack! It’s raining!” Taemin yelps as he suddenly stands up, looking like normal. I blink at the outburst and feel rain drops against my skin which I hadn’t felt before.
 
“Jung Hye! Ahhhh!!!” Taemin flailed around as he tried to take his jacket off and put it over our heads. “Ahh! Let’s go under somewhere!” He hurried us to under the tree, while grabbing my sleeve to take me with him.
 
“This was supposed to be fun!”  I laughed. Taemin pouted as he slowed down to a stop and leaned on the tree trunk casually.
 
“Hmph. Let’s go back home then and play video games. Do you have any?” He suggested, panting.
 
“OH YEAH I have Mario Kart!” I remembered to my last Mario Kart session with Jonghyun where-
 
“Then let’s go to your-“
 
“NAH TAEMIN WHAT ABOUT YOURS?”
 
“But I don’t have any-“
 
“NO WE SHOULD GO TO YOURS!” I interrupted quickly, thinking of Jonghyun.
 
I.
Do.
Not.
Want.
To.
Go.
Back.
To.
The.
Same.
Room.
As.
Kim.
Jonghyun.
 
 
“AHHHH!!!!!!!!!” Taemin screamed and started flailing around again, slapping himself all over. “I THINK A HUGE ANT JUST CRAWLED ON ME!!!!!!!!”
 
“AHHHHHHH!” I screamed after him. “WHAT HUGE ANT? WHERE?”
 
“Oh it’s gone now,” Taemin sighs with relief. “So who’s house are we going to?”
 
“Yours.” I replied instantly. “PLEASEE!!”
 
He raised an eyebrow, before smiling again. “Okay then!”
 
 
Jonghyun POV
 
I was still sitting in front of my keyboard, looking at its black and white keys.
 
I started playing, but everything felt like a blur.
 
Guilt is washing all over me as I replay Jung Hye’s tears in my head.
 
Maybe it wasn’t her...
 
I was too harsh wasn’t I?
 
Maybe it was somebody else...
 
Maybe, maybe I should’ve given her a chance toexplain...
 
Maybe...
 
AISHH!!! I NEED TO GET MY MIND CLEAR !! I thought to myself angrily as I randomly pressed on the keys of the keyboard.
 
*Knock Knock*
 
My eyes turned towards the door.
 
Aishh, is this Jung Hye? I felt myself starting to shake from nervousness as I stood up, what should I say to Jung Hye? Sorry? Please come back? Sorry for blowing up on you?
 
*Knock Knock*
 
I breathed in some air, and rested my hands on the door knob, twisting on it to open. “Jung Hye are you coming back home, I’m so sorry-“
 
I stopped talking, because I wasn’t facing Jung Hye, but I was facing Yoo Mi and Onew. 
 

 
A/N Hi guys! Sorry for the lame title! We are very uncreative people XD
 
Oh and also there might be some dodgy line breaks in the fic, this is because I (deestar) switched computers and no longer has word T.T So we used notepad XD
 
Now that the AFF exchange is over, and the school term's nearly over we should be able to update more! ^^

Once again thanks for the support and comments! They're a huge part of our inspiration =D
 
<3
 
SO HERE'S A GROSS ANT STORY OF DINOMYTE'S!!
today, dinomyte had a muffin for breakfast
she left some of the muffin on ehr desk and went to do maths for like an hour (i am so nerdy omgsh!!!)
when she came back THE MUFFIN HAD ANTS ALLL AROUND IT
and dinomyte was like EWWWWWWW GROSSSSSSS so she killed all the ants
and then she went to throw the ants and the muffin in the bin right
and then when she came back to her desk
THERE WERE SO MANY ANTS RUNNING AGAIN
 
LOL