Make up

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Jung Hye POV

“Omo! The food is up now!” Taemin said enthusiastically as everybody was handed their plates. He immediately dug into his pasta.

“Ahhh, I love this place,” sighed Onew, who was next to me. “Yoo Mi, what do you think?”

“Ah- oh, what? Oh wait yeah, it’s nice.” She replied, as if suddenly interrupted from her thoughts and shot him a kind smile. “You like yours because there’s chicken in it.”

“Hyung, you always order the same dish!” Taemin chimed in the conversation, not realizing that he was possibly destroying a quality OnMi moment. “When are you ever going to get the steak dishes?!”

I sighed mentally and continued eating. For a millisecond, I felt Yoo Mi’s eyes on me but I didn’t want o to look back at her. She was probably still mad, because we still hadn’t talked, and our only exchange was that smile she gave me a week ago. Guilt was weighing down on my heart – definitely, I was way too harsh on her...

... she would never forgive me...

Onew POV

From the corner of my eye as I was happily conversing with Taemin, I could see Jung Hye look lazily down on her pasta and randomly poke her fork through her food but not eating.

From the other corner of my eye I could see Yoo Mi staring down at her cup of water, as if she was seriously contemplating to drink or not to drink.

Of course, they both looked like they had something on their minds. Which is totally bad, because this is a dinner outing! We should be having fun! But there was this random, awkward atmosphere...

And I know it wasn’t just me feeling it because I could tell that even Taemin had also caught onto it. Which was why he had urged the both of them to order some ice cream for dessert (in Taemin’s mind, ice cream was the cure for everything).

I, on the other hand, have a better plan.

I will go to the bathroom.

Taemin POV

“Jung Hyeee let me treat you to some ice cream! It will make you instantly happy! I promise! It is the safer version of drugs! Then we will all be high and-“

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.

The sound of Onew’s chair sliding out suddenly interrupts my attempt to cheer Jung Hye up.

‘Excuse me, I need to go to the toilet.” Onew hyung announces staring straight at me.

Why is he looking at me like that?  “Sure hyung!” I smile back at him.

He continues staring at me.

Okay now he is raising his eyebrows. I do not know what is happening. Was I meant to do something? “Uh...” I shoot him a confused look back.

“No, no Taemin! I said, I need to go to the toilet.” He repeated, emphasizing on the word toilet.

I do not understand.

So I lie. “Yes hyung, I understand!”  

“Do you need to go to the toilet?”  Now he is nodding as he stares at me. How creepy.

“No I don’t! What about you Jung Hye? Yoo Mi?”  I ask around and both of them momentarily look up to mumble no’s before returning to their staring competition with their food.

Maybe I shall join them since Onew hyung is really scaring me as he has still not stopped staring at me.

“Taemin…you do need to go to the toilet…” He insists, this time, his eyes are twitching as well.

“No I don’t! I really don’t!”

He gives and exasperated sigh and finally stops staring at me (phew!). Pushing in his chair, he begins to make his way to the toilet without another word.

Hm, now I am alone with Yoo Mi and Jung Hye, who do not seem to be speaking. I think I should make some conversation starter.

“Ohhh everyone!! Let’s play a game~”

Onew’s POV

Okay. Taemin !

Did he not understand my subtle messages! My winking!? My hints!?

Hmph. I thought they were so obvious! Now what? He was meant to come with me to the toilets, so then Yoo Mi and Jung Hye would be alone, which would then mean that they would have to sort out their problems! But no, Taemin is lame.  Ruined my plans!

I lean against the toilet wall, trying to think of a way to get Taemin to come.

Taemin POV

I felt my phone inside my pocket vibrate, followed by the message tone.

“Yay! I got a message!” I announced as I took my phone out and opened the message.

“From- Onew. Tae, don’t show Y-“ I stopped reading and instantly covered my mouth to stop myself from saying anymore as I read on with the text.

From: Onew
To: Tae
Tae, don’t show Yoo Mi or Jung Hye this, but come! To the toilet! NOW! I’ll meet you there! Cuz the atmosphere is so awks and they probably need to sort something out... COME NOW! OR I’LL TELL MINHO THAT TIME YOUSPILLED BANANA MILK OVER HIS SPORTS JERSEY.

“Eeep! Hyung you can’t!” I mumbled, while the Yoo Mi and Jung Hye were giving me looks. Laughing it off, I turned to them.

“What happened?” Jung Hye asked.

“Nah, nothing!” I laughed. “I just need to go to the bathroom now, y’know... hahaha...”

Yoo Mi gave me a quizzical look, “But I thought you didn’t need to before?”

Oops. “What? Uh…” I grabbed the glass of water that was closest to me and chugged it down. “Oh no, I need to go to the toilet now! Shouldn’t have drunk so much water ha!! Silly me!”  

Jung Hye POV

And with that, Taemin had made the shiftiest leave to the toilet in the world, before we could question him further.

And then it was only me, Yoo Mi and our pasta.

My mind started racing of thoughts at our fight last week. No, scratch that, it wasn’t a fight, it was just me being a total harsh jerk towards my best friend. Although to be fair, it wasn’t exactly my fault, I mean I did have a reason to be mad…

But still, we had been best friends for years so surely we could start talking to each other, right? To me, the whole incident was a  thing of the past, but yet I had found it so hard to speak to her and bring the subject up. Aish, I wish I could be more direct! But now  with Taemin and Onew gone, maybe it was an opportunity to ask.

“Yoo Mi-“

“Jung Hye-“ Yoo Mi talked at the same time as me. We paused as we realised we talked over each other, and I tried to hide my small giggle, because, hey! It was still funny!

“You can go first-“ we said in unison, again.

“No, it’s okay-“ ... and again.

We stayed silent, before Yoo Mi started giggling, and before we knew it, we were laughing together.

When the laughter dies down, Yoo Mi gives me a sincere look, “Jung Hye, I’m really sorry for what I did…I don’t know, I guess I just don’t think before I say or do things.”

I shake my head and smile, “no, it’s alright! I shouldn’t have said what I did either and I definitely shouldn’t have let it come between our friendship.”

She smiles back and just like that the awkward atmosphere seemed to have been lifted.

I feel a grin tugging at my lips as I open my mouth to say the thing I had been itching to ask the whole night, “So you and Onew huh? I would never have guessed!”

Yoo Mi’s cheeks turn a faint red colour as she opens and and begin to tell me the story.

Taemin’s POV

I poke my head out from behind the wall and peer  at Jung Hye and Yoo Mi, “Hyung, do they look like they are making up?”

“Shhhh! They will hear you!!” Onew pulls me back and pokes his head out instead, “hmmm… they seem to be smiling!”

‘Hey!” I pout and  poke my head out again, this time above Onew’s, “I want to see too!”

Onew ignores my protest, “Do you think it is safe for us to go out yet?”

I shrugged, “I dunno, I still think they should eat ice cream. Do you think they have banana ice cream here?? I shall go ask that kind looking waitress, hehe maybe I will get free ice cream! Yay!”

"No, Taemin come back here!” Onew whispers as he pulled me back.

“Hyung!!”

“Just a while more, we will wait five more minutes and then we will go back okay??”

I sigh but seeing the serious look on Onew’s face, I keep quiet until he finally nods and signals for us to begin walking.

Suddenly, I remembered something, “Wait hyung!”

He turns back, “Yes?”

“How did you know I spilt banana milk over Minho’s jersey??” I was sure no one had seen me!

 “I didn’t, I just guessed.”

What? What!? I WAS TRICKED!? I stuck out my tongue at his retreating back before quickly following behind him.  


 


A/N: Thanks guys for all the support! ^O^

Sorry about the lack of Jjong... but that may or may not be made up in the next few chapters tehehehe ;)