Unexpected

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye's POV

 
“So—tired” Jonghyun pants as he bends over, hands against his thighs.
 
“You—try running—in a—dress!” I say in between catching my breath and wiping away the sweat which had formed during our mad dash from the mall to the school grounds. Despite my lungs feeling like they are about to burst and the rapid pounding of my heart which surely cannot be healthy, I still can’t help the smile tugging at my lips as I glance at Jonghyun, huffing beside me.
 
He looks at me and smirks, “ to be you!” 
 
Too tired to retort, I settle for giving his a shoulder a light punch.
 
After my breathng had returned to a relatively normal state, and I felt like I can actually walk again without collapsing, I decide it is  time to go in, find Taemin and beg for forgiveness. Hopefully, when he hears the reason as to why I forgot about our date, he would find it in his heart to forgive me. I mean, I know there is absolutely no excuse for completely forgetting about a prom date, but Taemin is nice, he would understand right? 
 
Oh who was I kidding? Taemin's going to hate me forever! I might as well as just go home right now and crawl in to my bed so I can never face him again. No, that's bad, I just need to find him, apologise and gradually everything would be good.
 
But he isn't going to forgive me, so what's the point in finding him!? I shake my head as I continue to have a debate within my mind on what to do about Taemin, when I come to a stop outside the hall, taking in the locked door and letting out a groan before pointing to the door and turning to Jonghyun, "it's locked!"
 
Jonghyun blinks at me, "no kidding, genius."
 
I glare at him before carefully taking out the pin from my hair, "but you can unlock it, right??" I ask, holding out the pin towards him.
 
"Yeah, of course I can, I'm Kim Jonghyun okay?" He smugly takes the pin from my hand and swaggers to the locked door before bending down and fiddling with the lock. Really, I have got to ask him how he learnt to pick locks because now that I think about it, it's pretty creepy because this means he can unlock my bedroom door any time he wants and who knows what he might do then?
 
Jonghyun's POV
 
I cannot pick this lock. Seriously, I have never seen a lock like this before and damnit why did I tell Jung Hye that 'of course I could'? Now I can't just turn around and tell her I cannot cause that's just embarrassing.
 
So I spend a bit longer fiddling with the lock, hoping Jung Hye would think I was doing some super tricky and intricate things with her pin, instead of just panicking and thinking about how I was going to tell her that I cannot unpick the lock which means we cannot go to the dance and find Taemin.
 
"Uh you know!" I turn around and stand in front of the lock, so that I was blocking it from her view, "maybe we shouldn't go through this way!"
 
She frowns in confusion, “Why not? There’s no other way in.”
 
“But wouldn’t it be weird to just burst into the room?” I quickly walk to her and placing my hands on her shoulders, I turn her the other way, away from the door to the hall, “what if they’re all in the middle of a slow dance and then we just come in, causing a big scene?”
 
She nods at my words, “Hm, that’s true.”
 
“Yes! That’s why we should go in through the back!” I grin to myself, feeling accomplished since I had managed to steer Jung Hye away from seeing my obvious fail. Hehehe, oh Jonghyun, you really are too smart for your own good! Seriously, pat on the back for a job well done! 
 
“Why do you have that stupid grin on your face again?" Jung Hye's voice snaps me out of my self-gratification mode. 
 
Taemin's POV
 
After getting over my initial shock of Key looking normal for a change, we had chatted about nothing in particular before Key somehow figured out that there was something which was bothering me. So then of course, he had brought it upon himself to fix the problem before proceding to fuss over me and look at me with those concerned eyes of his.
 
Which really was not what I was looking for, so I had hastily excused myself by saying I needed to go to the toilet and slipped away before he could offer to come along with me. 
 
I had then tried to look for Jae Ri, since being with her had been actually fun and had taken my mind off other, less happy matters, but I was only able to find her friend, Krystal, who told me that Jae Ri had gone outside. 
 
Which is how I ended up out wondering the school corridors. I'm thinking about where Jae Ri could possibly be, when I hear an unmistakeable voice and before I can even tell myself to turn around and hide, Jung Hye (with Jonghyun's arm on her shoulder)  had already turned the corner and seen me. 
 
"TAEMIN!!" she calls and runs towards me, "I'm so sorry!" she stops in front of me and looking up with worried eyes, "so, so, so sorry! I went shopping with Jonghyun and Key but then Key ran away with all of our things and I didn't have a phone and Key had set up some crazy treasure hunt thing and then I was locked in a room with Jonghyun and I completely forgot about the time and day and I am so so so so sorry and I will buy you banana milk every day and I am so sorry and I am such a horrible person and oh my gosh Taemin, I'm so sorry!!" she says all this in one big breath along with wide gestures.
 
Except while she was talking all I could see was how beautiful she looked in that dress, how her eyes shone as she spoke, how Jonghyun's suit matched her dressed perfectly and how well they seemed to go together. 
 
"I'm really sorry Taemin! Please say something?" Jung Hye repeats, staring at me with pleading eyes. 
 
Standing there, I realise that Jung Hye and I will never get together because it was always meant to be Jung Hye and Jonghyun and really what can I do about that? 
 
"Don't worry about it!" I grin, ignoring how much it seems to hurts to smile, "I totally understand Jung Hye!"
 
"Really?" relief floods her voice as she smiles up at me. 
 
"Yeah! Although, I do expect some banana milk tomorrow!" It's quite shocking how much of a constrast my voice, bright and chirpy (as always),  is with how I am actually feeling.
 
"Of course!" Jung Hye bites her lips before continuing, "D-did you have fun? I didn't ruin your night, right?" 
 
I let out a laugh (really, maybe I should be an actor), "No! Of course not! It's really fun in there!" I look at Jonghyun, who had been standing awkwardly to the side, "Hyung, it's about time you two got together! You two should go in and dance!"
 
I see Jung Hye's cheeks immediately redden and I know then and there that what I was doing, pretending I never really liked Jung Hye that way, was the right thing to do. 
 
Jonghyun grins at me, "You going in too?"
 
I shrug nonchalantly, "A bit later maybe, I really have to go and um, do something now! See you two later!" I wave at them and unable to pretend any longer, I turn around and walk out of their sight.
 

A/N I'm sorry guys I feel like this chapter is terrible and really short ;__: But I really wanted to update since it has been a while and today was my only chance to, so I sort of rushed the chapter and I would write more, but it's already 2am here T_T But um, once again thank you for taking your time to read :)