Wrong Number.

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jonghyun POV

“A 15 page report about defenestration? What the hell is that?” Yoo Mi said, as we both read the paper.

I shrugged.

“And it’s due next week! Argh crap, I don’t have a death wish!” she continued, groaned, before she took more notice of my presence there and immediately straightened herself up, combing her fringe again. No kidding, her fringe must be as important as food to her.

“I, uhh, I, uhh – think, ummm, suggest that we may need to go to someone’s house to finish it...” She stumbled on her words, eyes fluttering down and cheeks flushing a light pink.

 I decided to stop being silent, it was an assignment after all, I didn’t need to be mean to the poor girl.
“Then it has to be your house.”

She looked up at me with wide eyes. “Oh, no! Not my house, it’s umm, a little inconvenient...”

I raised my eyebrows questioningly, how inconvenient can a house get? I bet she just doesn’t want me to know she keeps stuffed toys next to her bed. Or Hello Kitty clocks, I thought as I started thinking about Jung Hye.

Yoo Mi whimpered. “Awwww, oppa, please? My house is really far! My sister’s studying for exams! And my grandpa’s at home! Sick!”

I suddenly felt sympathetic, and nodded, giving her my address and arranging a time in the afternoon.

Ding ding ding!

The bell rung, signaling the end of the period. I was glad I could finally go on to next period, and then we exchanged goodbyes.

Wait. Hold on a second. Did I just tell her to come to my house?

Oh my gosh.

I did.

Why did I do THAT?! DID I FORGET ABOUT PARK JUNG HYE? Yes of course I did.

OH NO.

I started looking around panickly for Yoo Mi but before I could even run after her, I was surrounded by girls asking me questions about whether I needed help or if I wanted to sit with them during lunch or what my next class was.

I sighed. Not this again.

Jung Hye POV

Did I mention how cute Taemin is again? He’s like a little puppy! I’ve always wanted a dog when I was young, but unfortunately my parent’s seemed to be allergic to every animal that wasn’t a human.

Anyways, back to Taemin. He’s hair is like a ball of fluff!

So adorable, I thought as I began humming a tune while placing some books in my locker.

Some of Taemin’s optimism and enthusiasm must have rubbed off me.

“You look happy.” A familiar voice said from behind me.

I spun around, and my smile disappeared, “What are you doing here? Whatever happened to rule three? You know, the one that YOU made up?”

He gave a small smile, “Um... I have favor to ask.”

Was he trying the puppy dog look on me? In any case, it wasn’t going to work. “No.”

His eyes widened in surprise, “But I haven’t even asked you yet!”

“No.”

“Come on! It’s not a very big favour!”

“No.”

“But that’s-“

“No.”

“What the hell! I just-“

“No.”

“Could you please-“

“No.”

 “just come home-“

“No.”

“after 9pm today?”

I folded my arms, “Why?”

“Because someone is coming over and-“

“Oh look, you just broke rule number 2 as well, remember? No bringing friends over! And guess who made the rule? Surprise surprise, YOU DID! Well, I don’t want to break your precious rules, so NO!”

He scowled at me, “But she isn’t even a friend!”

I glared at him, “So, you are bringing back a female, who isn’t even your friend, to your house? Gee, I wonder what you guys will be doing?”

His eyes widened as he realized what he had just said, “Noo! It isn’t like that!”

“Oh? It isn’t? Then it should be fine if I stayed wouldn’t it?”

” Fine. I didn’t care in the first place anyways.” He angrily said.

I smiled. Of course you wouldn’t care.

He looked up at me, eyes cute and wide.

Did I just say cute? No, I meant distorted.   “What’s your phone number?” He said.

I narrowed my eyes. “Why?”

“Well, since we’re living together, sometimes we may to need to tell each other some things-“

“Like what?”

“Like... you know... important things. Because we’ll be living together and sometimes we may need to contact each other... you know?”

He had this unsure look on his face. Trying to act cute again huh?

“Thanks for hitting on me, but I’m sure you know that I’m not like the other girls.” I said, before walking away.

Jonghyuns POV

You can’t say I didn’t try to get her out of the house. I did as much as I could without downright begging, but since persuading didn’t work, it looks like I would have to try other methods then, because there was no way I would let anyone know I was living with Jung Hye.

Two guys passed me, and I instantly recognized them from my class. What if they knew Jung Hye’s phone number? That would’ve been highly unlikely, but it was worth a try right? Not as if I had any better plan.

I tapped one by the shoulder. He was slightly tall, maybe I should’ve tapped the other one, but –

“Yes?” He asked, surprised. Man, were his eyes big, in that small face of his.

“Do you happen to know Park Jung Hye?” I asked.

The boy next to him seemed to have something to say but decided to shut his mouth.

“Huh? Yeah.” The tall one replied with a surprised look.

“Do you happen to know her phone number?”

He was in thought for a bit before whipping out his phone. “Oh why yes, I do. Do you want it?”

Taemin POV

Kim Jonghyun, the new kid, was asking Minho hyung for Jung Hye’s phone number. And he gave it to him.

I’m pretty sure Minho hyung doesn’t have Jung Hye’s number but I didn’t feel like saying anything either.

Jonghyun left with smiles on his face and thanking us. He seems nice, so I wonder what kind of bad record he had before?

Jonghyuns POV

Success! Oh yes, SUCCESS!!

Oh, how lucky was I! To tap someone who happened to have her number! What were the chances of that!

I entered Jung Hye’s number on my phone. Now who did she say her partner’s name was again?

Damn, I forgot. Oh well, I have to make do with this, he thought as he set his number on private, incase Jung Hye already had her partners number.

Hi! Lets meet at the local library for our assignment task! How does 7:30 sound to you?

Yes. That sounded alright.

Moments later, she replied.

Hey there darling~~
Of course we can meet at the library and ‘study’
Teehee!
Can’t wait to meet you!!
Love you!
Mwah. Mwah.

My eyes widened at her reply. So this was how she was like to other people?

It almost made me glad she seemed to hate me.

Taemin POV
 

“Minho hyung, whose number did you give to Jonghyun?”

“Park Hye Jung’s. Why? She was in our class last year I remember.”

“Eh? Hye Jung?”

“Yeah,” he said, and he shoved his phone in front of my face, confirming that it was Hye Jung.

I gave him an uneasy look. “Hyung, I’m pretty sure he said Park Jung Hye.”

“Uh, what?! Does that mean I just gave him the wrong number?!”

Oh yes hyung, I think you did.


A/N: Hi guys! Thanks for reading another chapter! Heehee.

Originally Taemin was only meant to be a cameo character, but it seemed like he's very popular (judging by the comments at least!)

So what do you guys think about him being a love rival?

Or not?

Once again thanks to all those who commented and subscribed! You inspire us to write more haha.