Shopping Time!

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye POV

Why was it so awkward? I went through my mind trying to find something interesting to say, but the thing was, I really didn’t know enough about him to even start a conversation with him! Which was bad and also sad, considering that fact that we have been living to getting for how was it now? 2 weeks?

Maybe I should mention the rumours? How Yoo Mi really didn’t mean them and that she is sorry? No, that will probably be even more awkward. Because imagine if he was like, oh what rumours? They aren’t rumours! They are actually real! I sighed, why was it so hard to just find something to talk about?

“So…. What would you like to eat?” Jonghyun said as he glanced at me.

Yes! Finally no more awkwardness!

“I really don’t mind, whatever you want.”

“Er.. alright then.”

Silence.

No! Mustn’t be so awkward! I must try to make conversation! “Erh… why are you getting take away anyways? You know it’s bad for you.”

Jung Hye, you seriously did not just say that. BAD FOR YOU? WHAT ARE YOU? HIS MUM?

And of course, Jonghyun gave me a strange look. “Well, as I said before, in case you haven’t realised our kitchen is EMPTY. Absolutely empty.”

“Well, you could always buy food.”

“I could.”

“But you haven’t.”

“No I haven’t.”

Why was he being so difficult? “But you should.”

“I don’t have the time. You should go buy instead.”

Don’t have the time? We are out right now! “But-“

“Actually, you know what, I should go buy groceries and other stuff right now.”  He said as he began walking in the direction of the shops.

Finally! I quickly followed after him, but as soon as I began walking next to him he paused and gave me a strange look, “What are you doing?”

WAS IT SUCH A CRIME TO JUST WALK NEXT TO HIM? “Um, walking with you?”

He rolled his eyes, “No, I mean, why are you following me?”

“Because you said we should go shopping?”

“No… I said I should go shopping.”

I frowned, I was sure he said WE! “Fine, but I need to see what you buy, I mean, what if you come home with like junk food and no real food at all? I live in the same house you know!”

“Last time I checked, I wasn’t the one with a secret stash of jelly babies in my room.”

JELLY BABIES? “HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT?”

OH MY GOSH I KNEW HE WAS A ERT I BET HE SECRETLY STALKS MY ROOM AND LIKE RUMMAGES THROUGH ALL MY PERSONAL ITEMS.

“Yeah, you smell like jelly babies.”

Oh right. Not a ert then.

BUT STILL. STALKER ENOUGH.

I frowned at him, but he turned away from my frown and changed directions.

“Is the supermarket this way?” I asked.

“Where else am I going?”

“GEEZ, don’t need to be rude. “

“Rude?! No! Just-“

“Just WHAT?” Okay, I really didn’t mean for that to sound so mean, but he was just so INFURIATING!

“Just- just, if you want to come with me, then let’s go already!”

IF I want to come with you? What do you-“

Instantly, Jonghyun’s index finger reached up in front of my lips, almost touching them. I took the signal for me to shush, so that’s what I did, but I looked at him questioningly.

“What are-“ Jonghyun, grabbed my wrist and turned around walking, “you doing? “I asked as he was dragging me along with him, his fast walking pace causing me to lightly jog.

“So many questions! Let’s just go to the supermarket, alright.” He replied, hand still gripped around my wrist and pulling me where he was walking.

Why was he holding my wrist anyways? It was so weird!

“And you don’t need to hold my hand like that.”

Jonghyun instantly let go, but he didn’t even turn my way! How rude! “I wasn’t even holding your hand!”

I glared at him and started walking- or stomping.

He laughed again, and I felt so angry! But that’s okay, Jung Hye. Calm down. You need to be soothed and calm. You can’t let someone like him stir you up right?

Jonghyun POV

Jung Hye is just too funny!

Well, not usually, but maybe today the fresh night air has gotten to me and everything seems to be hilarious to me.

I smiled and stopped outside of KFC, staring at the image of the smiling old man.

“Hey Jung Hye?”

“Mhmm..?” She replied giving me a questioning look.

“Don’t you reckon you look like the KFC man?”

“I, WHAT?!”

“Look like the KFC man.”

“No Jonghyun, I DO NOT THINK I LOOK LIKE THE KFC MAN. FIRST OF ALL HE IS A MAN. AM I MAN? DO I LOOK LIKE A MAN?”

“Well, you act like one.”

She continued on ignoring my comment, “DO I HAVE WHITE HAIR? OR A BEARD, DO I EVEN WEAR GLASSES? SERIOUSLY? ARE YOU REALLY ASKING ME THE QUESTION DO I LOOK LIKE THE KFC MAN? WELL JONGHYUN, DO YOU LOOK LIKE THE QUEEN? YES YOU DO? ARE YOU A GIRL? NO BUT YOU ACT LIKE ONE!”

I laughed, Jung Hye looked so funny when she was worked up, the things she said didn’t even make any sense, cause me? Act like a girl? As if!

“WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING ABOUT HUH!?” She said angrily as she stormed ahead.

Woah she really did look pissed!  “Are you on your period? Because you’re really moody today.” I said as I tried to keep up with her power walking.

“I KNOW. I mean, I know I’m moody, not that I’m on my- wait, WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME ABOUT THAT?”

“Well, are you?”

“That’s none of your business!” She turned away from me and began running towards the shopping centre.

 “Hey, slow down!”

Jung Hye POV

I huffed and puffed when we finally reached the entrance of the supermarket. Running was so tiring, it was like the only exercise I had ever done in a long while!

I heard Jonghyun’s steps catching up to me, and when he reached me he frowned.

“Tired already? You’re so unfit!”

I rolled my eyes, “Oh shush, lets just go in and buy some stuff.”

Jonghyun nodded, “ Let’s split up, you go to aisle 1,2,3,4 and I will go to the rest and we each buy important things from those aisles.”

I gave him a doubtful look, “Do you even know what to buy?”

“Sure. Now let’s um. Make a shopping list. And THEN we can split up.”

“What are we buying?”

“Groceries. For dinner. And for every other dinner too.”

“Alright. So what do you want to eat for dinner?”

We exchanged blank looks for a moment, until he pointed to the instant noodles shelf behind me. “I don’t mind that. It’s cheap.”

Instant noodles?! Serious? I slapped his hand away. “It’s unhealthy!”

“FINE! We can buy all the lettuce you want! Green or red lettuce?”

“Then let’s buy carrots too and apples and oranges and mangoes and strawberries and-“

“Mangoes aren’t in season.” Jonghyun explained.

“Canned mangoes then.” I replied.

“Do you know how unhealthy THAT is?”

“-And then we can also buy blueberries and bananas and starfruit.”

“What are you? A vegetarian?”

“No WAY! I LOVE MEAT OH MY GOSH WE TOTALLY NEED TO GET MEAT, CHICKEN, PORK, TURKEY, BEEF!!”

“You sure eat a lot.”

I EAT IT A LOT? “EXCUSE ME? ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT!?”

“Oh, errr... no.”

“BUT YOU IMPLIED IT!”

“Huh - uh, what, NO! I did not imply it!”

I narrowed my eyes at him doubtfully. “Fine, but you know the basic aisles right? Because you cooked for me?

“No, when?” Jonghyun asked, bewildered and cheeks turning pink, “I never cooked for you! It-IT WAS FOR MYSELF!”

“Okay then, you cooked for yourself, but you know what to buy yeah?”

There was a silence as he was thinking, before I slapped him on the shoulder.

“Hey! This is the third time you’ve slapped me today!”

I started cracking up at his reaction.

“You better not rage at me if I buy the wrong things!!”

Rage at him?  Why would I do that? I am a very nice and calm person, why would I rage at anyone?

“I won’t! I don’t rage at people!”

He raised his eyebrows at me before leaving and walking towards the aisles.

WHY DID HE RAISE HIS EYEBROWS AT ME FOR? WAS HE DOUBTING ME? HMPH.

Jonghyun POV

Is this considered something that we would need?

It doesn’t exactly go into the grocery category…

Sigh, decisions decisions, I KNEW WE SHOULD’VE WRITTEN A LIST!

Oh well, I’ve run out so I should buy one, but should I buy one for Jung Hye too?

I should shouldn’t I? What if I don’t buy one and she goes mad at me for not thinking about her and then calls me selfish since I bought one for myself?

But so many options to choose from! What brand does she like? Or use? What smell?

Should I smell each one and see which one smells like her hair?

No then I would look like some creepy shampoo sniffer.

AND I DON’T KNOW HOW HER HAIR SMELLS LIKE ANYWAYS!!

Actually I do, it smells like strawberries. Or mangoes. Or maybe it was coconuts? I’M NOT GOOD WITH FRUITS, but it smells nice. A nice mixture. HEY MAYBE SHE MIXES HER SHAMPOOS?

Maybe I should just wait for her to come here.

Or maybe I shouldn’t even be worrying about this since this is classified as personal items right?

What about body wash? She can get that herself too right?

But from the corner of my eye, I saw packs of shampoo, conditioner and body wash bottles on sale.

Jung Hye POV

I sighed in annoyance, where the hell was Jonghyun? I went through all the aisles with food and he wasn’t anywhere in site! I had already loaded my trolley with food but where in the world was he?

Oh I will be so so mad if it turned out he slacked off and went out to buy KFC or something! SERIOUSLY I CANNOT BELIEVE HE SAID I LOOKED LIKE THE KFC MAN! DO I REALLY?

And where in the world is he! I bet he-

Oh wait. I see him.

HAHAHAHAHA.

WHAT IS HE LOOKING AT?

SHAMPOO? BODY WASH? ISN’T THIS THE FEMALE HYGIENE SECTION!? HAHAHAHA TOO FUNNY.

HAHAHA WHO KNEW HE WOULD BE THOSE METROUAL GUYS WHO CARES A LOT ABOUT THEIR LOOKS?

Actually, it should’ve been obvious considering how nice his skin is. HOW DOES HE GET SUCH NICE SKIN ANYWAYS? AND STILL WANTS TO EAT KFC AND INSTANT NOODLES? Maybe I should ask him…

NO ARE YOU CRAZY JUNGHYE? GETTING BEAUTY ADVICE OFF A GUY? SERIOUSLY?

HAHA BUT THIS WAS TOO FUNNY.

I walk quietly towards him, “Hahaha.”

Jonghyun instantly turned and jumped back at my sudden entrance.

He looked at me with widened eyes. Which, I will add, looks cute, but of course it must be the effect of the soft pink lighting of the female hygiene section.

He breathed a sigh of relief. “Jung Hye? You scared the crap out of me!”

 “Female hygiene section?” I pointed at the products in front of us, ”WHO KNEW YOU WERE SUCH A GIRL!? AND YOU SAY I LOOK LIKE AN OLD MAN?”

Yes. I am never going to let go off the fact that he said I look like the KFC dude.

“N-no, what, no, these are for! For.”

For you?

“N-No one. I just wanted to look at. Deodorant. That’s all.”

I looked at the shelf of products. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap. Where was the deodorant?

“Jonghyun. This is the female wash section. You want to go to the males deo section.”

“Right,” he nodded. “Right. I was just, passing by.”

I pointed to the shelves the opposite of where we were looking. “That side is mens.”

“Right, of course. Yes. I knew- I know that.”

Jonghyun is so cute! Pretending that he knows where he is going! “If you go forward a bit it should be deodorant.”

“Right, yes, alright. I get it.” He said, then walked to where I pointed for him. I grabbed my trolley filled with food and followed after him.

“Now, I will recommend to you a good deo brand. For men.”

He enlarged his eyes at me again, surprised as always. “You KNOW the kind of stuff that is good for men? No wonder you look like-“

I slapped his arm and took a tight grip on my trolley again. “NO. NO. I’m going away now.”

“No wait! Jung Hye! I take it back, what did you put in the trolley?”

Hmph. So he wasn’t interested in deodorant after all! He took a glance at the food before lowering closer to it, then he wafted his hands – stupidly beautiful nails, even though he plays the piano and keyboard – through the packs of fruit, meat and bread.

He raised his head up when he was done. “Oh, good! You got what we needed! Except now let’s buy milk.”

Milk? I LOVE MILK! Not more than jelly babies because those things are ADORABLE, but I love milk! Does Jonghyun love milk too? IS HE GOING TO DRINK MILK SO HE CAN BECOME TALLER?

I patted at Jonghyun’s head. “Alright. We can buy milk for the short ones.”

Jonghyun glared at me and stomped his way towards the dairy section.

Jonghyun POV

I can’t BELIEVE she just called me short.

I am NOT SHORT!

I just did a terrible mistake when I was younger and didn’t drink enough milk!

I’m still taller than Jung Hye anyways!

And I still have time to grow! It’s alright Jonghyun, I am 17, I am young and, well, hot, and if I don’t ever grow taller it’s ok if I buy insoles. Right?

“Chocolate.”

“AH!” I yelled, and all the electricity from my body came rushing as I jumped back, and saw Jung Hye.

Laughing at me.

“Hehehe Jonghyun, oh you are too funny!”

“SHUT UP, KFC MAN!”

“ANYWAYS JONGHYUN, look they have chocolate milk samples here, let’s try them!” Jung Hye said as she waddled over to a tiny stall only a few meters away from us, advertising this chocolate milk sample.

I don’t really like chocolate milk that much, banana milk is more my thing, but no way am I letting Jung Hye ever see me drink that.

I followed her, and she was already drinking a sample.

“Is it nice?” I asked, and got a sample for myself, quickly gulping it down.

Jung Hye nodded vigorously. “Mmm! It’s delicious! Let’s buy this!”

“No, are you kidding? I bet this is filled with additives and sugar, artificial colours and flavours and fifty bags of sweetener and literally NO calcium at all, you’ll be left with weak bones and rotting teeth-“

“Stop being a MUM, geez!”

“I am a MUM? Then you are a man with a beard and-“

“WHAT A BARGAIN!!!”

I looked up to see that it was not Jung Hye who had interrupted me, but the old, crinkly voice belonged to that of an old woman.

Who was standing in front of the counter.

“This is premium OAK chocolate milk, priced at 4000 won! WHAT A BARGAIN!”

How come I never realised there was an old woman at the counter of the sample store? She popped up so randomly!

“Hohoho, you two youngsters have such a lovely relationship.” She continued, even though the topic was completely different.

Now there is something seriously wrong with that sentence because first of all, who in the world goes HOHOHO? Besides Santa that is. And more importantly WHAT LOVELY RELATIONSHIP?

“Oh sorry Madam, I think you have mistaken, we are not in a relationship.” Jung Hye says in a nice sweet voice, why doesn’t she use that tone of voice with me!? 

“Hohoho, that is what you think! Hohoho!” The lady grabbed several cartons of milk and began shuffling away while chuckling quietly to herself.

“SEE THAT OLD LADY IS RIGHT!”

THE OLD LADY IS RIGHT? WE ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP? SINCE WHEN?

“THIS IS A BARGAIN!”

Oh. Right. “Well, alright you go buy that, but I WILL DRINK GOOD OLD FULL CREAM MILK WITH LOADS OF CALCIUM!”

“Yes, yes, yes good luck with growing taller at your age!”

“HEY I AM ONLY 17 PLENTY OF TIME FOR GROWING PLENTY! MALES DON’T STOP GROWING UNTIL 20 SOMETHING!”

“Of course, of course, anyways I’m hungry let’s quickly get home and cook!”

“Alright then!” I grabbed a carton of FULL CREAM MILK WITH NO FLAVOURING and placed in the trolley alongside her FULL OF FLAVOURING AND SUGAR chocolate milk  and started pushing the trolley towards the checkout lines.


A/N: hey guys!!!

WE'RE SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!!! WE SAID WE'D BE FASTER BUT... he he he..... *dodgy looks* LOL

I HOPE YOU GUYS AREN'T MAD :(

SO WE HAVE

AN EXTRA EXTRA LONG CHAPTER TODAY !

it is more than 3 times as long as the first chapter! LOL!

we hope you have enjoyed this chapter <3 as much as we enjoyed writing it... :D

thank you guys for all the support, comments and subscriptions!!! <3