Accusations

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye POV

“JUNG HYE!” A familiar voice called and I looked up to the classroom door, stopping in the midst of taking my books out.

“Yoo Mi!” I smiled as she made her way to me. I was waiting for her, because Jonghyun, Key, Taemin and all my other friends except Yoo Mi weren’t in my Geography class.

“Why didn’t you tell me!” she demanded, and laughed while playfully slapping my arm. “We’re best friends!”

“Huh? Tell you what?”

“That Jonghyun was gay!”

The whole class seemed to silence at Yoo Mi’s declaration, including me, my eyes widening.

That.

Was.

So.

Random.

“It’s a little surprising but it all adds up doesn’t it? Jonghyun doesn’t date girls, they are SOOOOO close, and Key’s quite pretty!” Yoo Mi continued, seeming to be completely oblivious to the change of atmosphere around the class.

Again, there was another moment of silence until I started laughing really loudly. “HAHAHAHA! JONGHYUN? KEY? GAY? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!! HAHAHA!”

Yoo Mi gave me a disapproving look and didn’t laugh with me like she always did. “But I heard them! They said they loved each other! They’re always giving each other looks too! I mean, Jung Hye... wouldn’t you know, most of all?”

The class broke into a silent frenzy of whispers, and I swallowed.

“Y-Yoo Mi,” I started, “I’m sure you heard wrong! They’re not gay!” Which, I had to learn the hard way. Which was also the embarrassing way. Which I am never going to live down to as long as I keep on contact with Kim Jonghyun and Kim Kibum. Which even if I don’t keep on contact with them I will never live it down either.  BUT IT WASN’T MY FAULT! THEY WERE SO MUCH LIKE A COUPLE! ANYONE WOULD MISUNDERSTAND! EVEN YOO MI!

Yoo Mi laughed off what I said. “But we’re best friends. You could’ve told me anything!”

“No no! I’m serious! They aren’t!”

She gives me a skeptical look, “Don’t lie! I HEARD them!”

“Where??”

“At-well never mind that, but the thing is, I heard them!” Yoo Mi stubbornly argues.

“No, I’m serious Yoo Mi, they really ARE NOT GAY!” I say the last bits extra loudly, trying to make myself heard over the growing whispers in the classroom.

“Why are you lying to me!? I thought we were good friends!” Yoo Mi replies, still refusing to believe me.

I sigh, what am I going to do?

--

Jonghyuns POV

The moment I out from class (with Key of course), I am once again faced with whispers and finger pointing. Oh gosh, I though the whole thing about me being heartless and rejecting Yoo Mi was already over? Why were there still people pointing and whispering at me?

A group of girls slaunter up to Key and I, pausing only a few inches away from us. “It’s such a shame, you know.” The leader of them says.

I give them a puzzled look, “What are you talking about?”

They laugh, “Don’t try to deny it, the whole school knows!”

“Knows what?” Key asks this time.

“It really is a pity, I mean you guys are both really good looking.”

What in the world are they going on about? “Um, thanks?” I try to walk past them, but they walk in front of me again.

“You should’ve just told us in the beginning, then it wouldn’t have caused us so much heartbreak!”

“Look, I really have no idea what you are going on about.”

She raises an eyebrow, “What am I talking about? You and him of course,” She nods her head at Key, who looks every bit as confused as me, “Being together. Lovers. Gay. You know what I mean.”

What. The. Crap. I feel a surge of anger rush through me, not for myself since I couldn’t care less about something like this, but for Key. How would he handle this? How could he go through this again?

I glare at the girl, “That isn’t true.”

She laughs again, “Oh really? Not according to the whole school, don’t lie Jonghyun. It makes perfect sense anyways, you’ve never accepted any girl here and no ones ever even seen you with a girlfriend. So don’t try to deny this.”

In the corner of my eye, I see Key’s face laced with worry. “Stop spreading false rumours.” He said.

“Pfft, it’s not me who’s spreading them.” She said her final angering sentence before smirking and strutting away with her group.

Then who could’ve spread them?

The only person who even thought we were gay was...

Jung Hye.

But her?

Spreading the rumours?

No. It can’t be. She wouldn’t.

But who else is there?

“Don’t worry Jonghyun,” Key murmured. “No one’s going to do anything to me.” I looked in his eyes and I saw that he was contradicting his own words.

No one. There was no one else but Jung Hye.

How could she do such a thing? Maybe to her it was just a harmless joke. But…

I clench my fists together .“It must have been Jung Hye”

“It doesn’t matter, it’s fine, not like its true right?”

“It’s not FINE. Don’t worry Key, I will stop them.”

“No, really it’s ok, it’ll pass.” Key smiles.

“That’s what you said last time.” I answer.
Key’s smile falters at the mention of what had happened before and I immediately regret bringing it up.

“I’m sorry, look, don’t worry I’ll end the rumours soon okay? Just go to class now, hang out with Taemin and Minho, they’re nice people.” I say before quickly walking off to find Jung Hye.

Jung Hye POV

I’m at my lockers when I see Jonghyun approaching me.

“Jonghyun!” I wave and smile at him.

He doesn’t wave or smile back.

Well, that’s odd, Jonghyun may not have one of the bubbliest personalities but he did always wave back, or at least smile.

As he gets nearer, I realize that he is scowling at me.

“Hey! Whats wrong? Whats with the frown? You’re gonna get wrinkles like that!” I joke, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

He doesn’t even smile, but instead responds with a single word, “Why?”

“Well, you keep on frowning so the lines are going to be embedded there!”

He narrows his eyes, “Don’t act innocent, you know what I’m talking about.”

Ok, this is getting really weird now. “Innocent? What are you talking about?”

“Why. Did. You. Tell.”

Huh?  This is the second time somebody asked me something I don’t understand today. Like they have this secret club going on and they’re excluding me. “Tell what? Are you sure you’re talking to the right person?”

He suddenly grabs my arm and starts pulling me. What the hell? “Ow… where are you taking me??”

He doesn’t respond. “It hurts! You don’t have to hold my arm so hard you know! I can walk myself.”

Again he ignores me. He keeps on dragging me until finally we end up at a quiet corner, where there are no students around. “Jonghyun, can you please explain to me what’s going on?”

“What’s going on? You want to know what’s going on!? I’LL TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON. YOU JUST HAD TO GO AND TELL THE WHOLE SCHOOL DIDN’T YOU? EVEN WHEN WE TOLD YOU IT WASN’T TRUE!” He hisses at me.

“Tell the whole school what? Why are you so angry?? I don’t understand!” I reply, because I really honestly have no idea what he is on about. Only that he is really angry and serious.

“Really?” He laughs mockingly and rolls his eyes. “Are you sure? Really? What kind of person are you? You’re confronted and you’re still wimping out like this? Acting like you don’t know at all?”

“What, Jonghyun, WHAT ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT?”

“And you're saying you didn't spread the rumours about Key and I being gay?” He doesn’t shout, but the words rang loud in my ears.

“WHAT? How could’ve it been me? I know you guys aren’t! IT’S NOT ME! WHY WOULD I DO THAT?” Why was Jonghyun being so accusing? I never did anything! I never did anything wrong!

He laughs again; the hateful laugh. “Why not you tell me? I’m sure you already know. But I just want to know. Why?”

“But I DIDN’T SPREAD THE RUMOURS! I DIDN’T! I DIDN’T!”

He rolls his eyes again.

“W-Why won’t you believe me?”

“Why did you spread the rumours?” he retorted, and I felt my heart bursting with frustration. Why wouldn’t he believe me? Doesn’t he know better? Aren’t we friends? I didn’t do anything wrong, I didn’t tell a soul, not even Yoo Mi.

“No... I never did anything wrong! Nothing wrong! I never told anyone, I-“ –never had the chance to tell anyone, I would never tell anyone, it’s not even worth telling, but Jonghyun cut me off before I could say anything else.

“Park Jung Hye, I thought you were different from everyone else.” He says, serious now. He meets me in the eyes and I felt trapped and helpless under his strong gaze, cold eyes baring into mine as if he was trying to look through me. The first time I have actually been truly scared of Kim Jonghyun.

I am, I think. I am. I am I am I am I am I am! “I-I-“ I choke, finding those words, but they didn’t come to me as easily as I thought they would.

“I thought I could actually be friends with you.”

I swallow. "But you ARE-"

“I THOUGHT you weren’t some girl who just wanted some attention!”

“I don’t-“

“But you’ve got what you wanted now right? You’d better enjoy it then.”

“No-“

“You’re such an eyesore. I wish I’d never met you. Have fun ruining people.” He cuts off our eye contact and turns around the corner. I wanted to follow him, to tell him that I never did anything wrong, he’s only wrongly accusing me, it’s not me, but my legs didn’t move.

They stood frozen on the spot.

Because all the thoughts racing in my head were confusing me; I didn’t know what was the right thing to do anymore.

But I stood frozen and stiff, until when I finally blinked, I felt something wet drip down my cheek.

 

---

A/N WE ARE SO SO SO SO SO X10000 SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG!

We have been busy with school starting and one of us being in China and her laptop dying and also the fanfic exchange on this site! (are any of you guys joining??)

BUT WE PROMISE THE OTHER CHAPTERS WILL COME SOONER!!

AND THERE WILL BE MORE INTERESTING THINGS HAPPENING ^^

But, once again we are really sorry! We will try to update more!!

Thanks again for supporting us ^^