Zoo Time!

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jonghyun’s POV

The first problem that arised was where in the world was I going to sit?

You see, I had of course planned on sitting next to Taemin, since he was after all, the person who had dragged me to be in this group, except he had plopped himself down next to Jung Hye the moment she had sat down, which meant I had to sit down next to Yoo Mi.

Which is very very awkward.

But Yoo Mi seemed to realise this too, because the next thing I knew she had squished up next to Taemin on the seat.

This once again, left me in a bad position because it meant I will be sitting by myself.

Which is just sad.

“Hey Yoo Mi! Why didn’t you sit next to Jonghyun! Now he is all alone!”

Yes Taemin, way to spot the obvious.

So then of course, all people within hearing distance turns to look at me, sitting all alone by myself.

Which is very embarrassing. 

“Jonghyun!! Do you want me to sit next to you??” Taemin brightly questions me.

I shake my head in a cool manner ( at least I hope it was in a cool manner)  and casually turn to gaze out of the window, so it looks like I enjoy sitting by myself.

“Um.. excuse me, is anyone sitting here?” A soft voice says, startling me out of my pretend coolness.

I turn around and I see this girl with these massive eyes and a side fringe standing next to the seat. 

OH JOY COMPANY FOR ME!.  “Huh? Oh nope, you can sit if you want.”

“Thanks.” She smiles before sitting next to me.

She must be in my class, since she is going to this excursion, but I honestly do not recognise her.

Which is saying a lot I think! Because even though all these rumours are floating around, and I don’t seem like the type to remember girl’s faces, I remember because most of them look like they’re trying to eye me.

While this girl, despite the size of her eyes I don’t think I have ever noticed her ogling at me.

So it must be safe to talk to her without her being all over me.

And for some reason she wasn’t avoiding me either. I thought everyone was avoiding me because of the rumours!

 “Well, hey, what’s your name?” I smiled at her.

“Oh, I’m, Choi Haeyoung.”

As it turned out, conversation with her wasn’t that bad. It was so easy getting along with her actually! Like Jung Hye, she was different from all the other girls. But if you were to compare the both, Jung Hye is… a bit more blunt… a bit more straightforward. And maybe funnier.

Jung Hye POV

HMPH.

SO JONGHYUN IS HANGING OUT WITH A NEW GIRL.

HMPH. WHAT A PLAYER. HMPH. I BET THE NEW GIRL IS ALL OVER HIM. AND SHE’S SO PRETTY! AND SKINNY AND TALL!

I felt a pair of hands shaking my shoulders. “JUNG HYE!”

I turned back to Taemin, “Eh, what?”

“You haven’t been listening!” He pouted.

“Of course I have!”

“So what was I saying.”

Oh dammit. I really haven’t been listening.

I pointed out to the window. “LOOK TAEMIN IT’S A RAINBOW SPIDER!”

He turned to the window. “WHERE?!”

I gently slapped his back playfully and laughed. Oh, Jung Hye, you have made a good save if you said so yourself!

Taemin POV

YAY IT’S THE ZOO!

“YAY LET’S GO SEE THE MONKEYS!” I cheered, but the only other person who looked pumped was Jung Hye. Jonghyun and Yoo Mi were just moodily avoiding each other and following behind.

When I had asked Jonghyun to join with me, I hadn’t exactly thought about the erm, somewhat unpleasant relationship (or lack of) between Yoo Mi and Jonghyun.  So really this is my fault. SO THEREFORE I MUST FIX THIS!

“Hey guys! I’m going to get us some ice cream! What flavours do you guys all want?” I say as I turn around to face the two of them.

“I don’t mind, anything except vanilla is good.”  Jonghyun says at the same time Yoo Mi says “I want vanilla please!”

Ok. Great. Now Yoo Mi is glaring at Jonghyun because he had obviously just dissed her favourite flavour.

BUT THAT IS OKAY! Because when Junghye and I leave, they will be left alone and free to talk about their problems!  And talking solves a lot of things, then that means when we get back, everything will be fine and we will have a lovely time!

“ALL RIGHT! Come on Jung Hye, lets go get some ice cream!” I quickly turned and dragged Jung Hye with me before anyone could protest.

Hehe. SUCCESS!!

Jung Hye POV

I was a bit surprised when Taemin had pulled me away, I mean, was it really such a good idea to leave Jonghyun and Yoo Mi alone?

Then Taemin started giggling. Yes giggling. WHICH WAS JUST SO FREAKEN ADORABLE!

“Aw! You are SO cute when you giggle! Why are you giggling?”

“Me? Giggle? I DON’T GIGGLE! I’m a guy! I laugh!”

“Okay then, why are you laughing?”

“Hehe... cause now Jonghyun and Yoo Mi have to speak to each other! And they wont be ignoring each other anymore! Hehe! Come on! Let’s quickly go get ice cream!” He grins as he takes my hand and starts running towards the ice cream shop.

He is such a kid!

Jonghyun POV

I think I may want to punch Taemin’s face when he gets back. But of course, I won’t because his face is too adorable to punch.

BUT WHY DID HE HAVE TO LEAVE ME ALONE WITH YOO MI?

And I swear there is something going on between him and Jung Hye! Not that I care! But they look so happy and giggly together! AND NOW THEY ARE HOLDING HANDS! AND RUNNING!

And I’m stuck with Yoo Mi.

Who had stopped to talk to one of her other friends, leaving me just awkwardly standing there.

SHOULD I WALK AWAY?

Or just keep awkwardly standing here to wait for her? It would be impolite of me to walk away, but seriously, it was obvious she was ignoring me!

I sigh and glance around, hoping Jung Hye and Taemin would be somehow already back.

But they aren’t, however instead I spot the girl I sat next to on the bus, what’s her name again? Haeyoung? Yes, that’s it! She’s a nice girl! She doesn’t seem to be with her friends anyways (I’m not saying she’s a loner, but she told me on the bus ride that all her friends were in the other classes and she was stuck by herself in this class) and now I am obviously not with my friends.

So I ran up to her. “Hey Haeyoung~!”

“Jonghyun?!” She asked, surprised, before giving me a cheery look.

Jung Hye POV

“Hmm, I’ll have…” I scanned through the ice cream flavours. “COOKIES AND CREAM!”

“ME TOO!” chirped Taemin. “I LOVE COOKIES AND CREAM!”

“What about Jonghyun?” I asked.

Taemin laughed. “Let’s get him banana, because he loves banana milk!”

Jonghyun? Liking banana milk? And I thought he liked full cream milk! “Ok!” I turned towards the bored-looking ice cream dude. “2 cookies and cream, a vanilla and a banana.”

The ice cream dude nodded lifelessly and went on to do his work.

Taemin his lips. “Hey Jung Hye, I’ll treat you guys to ice cream!”

Taemin POV

Hehehe!

This is my chance to be a man!

Everybody has said that I am a little boy, but no more!

Onew-hyung said to me once that as a gentleman, you must treat and woo the girl.

Well, of course I don’t like Jung Hye that way, she is only a friend but today I have enough money to treat everybody to ice cream.

However Jung Hye looked at me she just saw two orang-utans kissing. “What?”

“I said, this will be my treat!”

She still gave me the funny look.

“I’m a man!” I declared, hoping to break her funny look. And she did, as she broke in a giggling fit and patted my back.

“Okay manly Taemin,” she stifled between giggles, “thank you for treating us!!”

I smiled back triumphantly and pulled out my Power Ranger wallet which Jung Hye looked at me questioningly. She gave me the I-thought-you-wanted-to-be-a-man look.

"I'M A MAN!" I shouted desperately.

She jumped back before laughing nervously. "Alright Taemin! I still have a Hello Kitty alarm clock!” she said, before we grabbed our ice creams and walked back to where Yoo Mi and Jonghyun should be waiting.


Except they weren’t there.

Uh oh.


A/N: 

Hey guys! :3

Thank you everybody for subscribing and commenting and all!

Who watched fancams of Shinee's japan concert? ahaha! I DID! LOL

200+ subscribers already?! We will try to update regularly, ahaha!

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! <3

also, who wants a change of poster? lol