A double date?

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Jung Hye POV

A week has passed since the whole Jonghyun and Key dating fiasco and as expected, the school had pretty much forgotten about the whole episode. As for Key and I dating? Well after never seeing us closely together again, everyone seemed to have just assumed that we were a fling that had ended as fast as it had started. Which suits me just fine.

Things between Jonghyun and I has returned to just the way it was before as well, after the whole frightening experience of Jonghyun being unbearably cheesy, he went back to being the stubborn and indifferent Jonghyun who hardly ever spoke to me.

I mean, what the hell right? You would think he would be a lot nicer to me, but no! He has now started avoiding me! Avoiding ME! After all I had done for him! Hmph! Ungrateful short gorilla!
I knew I should’ve taken a video of the time he was acting cheesy and then posted it on youtube so that everyone could see the extreme cheesiness of Kim Jonghyun!

“Miss Park, is there something you find funny?” My imagination is suddenly broken by the disapproving voice of Mr Choi, who was frowning at me.

“Uh...n-no…nothing mister!” I mutter as I sit up straighter and pick up my pen.

“Who was your partner for the assignment I gave out last month?”

Assignment?? What assignment??

“Uh…” I stall for time as I look around the classroom, hoping someone would give me a hint as to what he was talking about, but everyone was chatting amongst each other.

“I was her partner, mister! Lee Taemin.” Oh. That assignment! It seemed like ages ago! Thank goodness Taemin remembered! I quickly flash a smile of gratitude at Taemin, who by the way, was looking as cute as ever with his fluffy blonde hair.

“Pshh…no wonder you got such a good mark…” Mr Choi muttered under his breath as he placed the marked assignment onto my desk before moving on to some other student.

Oh how rude of him! I was very helpful in the assignment thank you very much! I was just about to open my mouth to argue when suddenly Taemin bounces (yes I’m not kidding, he bounces.) over to look at the mark before I could.

“Yay!” He beams as he takes the paper from my desk and waves it around in my face. “A+! A+!!! JUNG HYE JUNG HYE WE GOT A+!! YAYYYYYYYYY!” He cheered and held out his hands for a high five.

“WHAT? AN A+?!?!? REALLY?! YAYYYYY!” I started cheering along with him.  Instead of high fiving him, I grabbed his hand and started jumping.

“AHEM,” coughed Mr Choi. “Miss Park, this is class time. Please celebrate in your own free time.” He grunted before moving onto the next pair of students.

“So,” Taemin started with a glint in his eye. “Do you want to?”

“Hmm? Want to what?” I asked.

“Celebrate! Hang out!” He piped.

“Sure! When?”

“Ummm…” he contemplated for a few seconds, before replying: “W- What abouttonight? IfoundthisreallyawesomeItalianrestaurantbecauseOnewhyungtookmethereonceandwhatdoyouthink?”

I blinked, before laughing at how fast Taemin was speaking, but at least I could catch what he was saying. Probably unlike dumb Jong.

“Yah! You’re laughing at me!” He pouted, his fast speech starting to slow down. “I’m not bringingyoutotheItalianrestaurantnanymore-“

“Hahaha, why are you speaking so fast?” I continued laughing.

“FINE JUNG HYE. LET’S NOT CELEBRATE.”

“No! No! I want to go! I want to go!” I pulled Taemin closer, who was nearly going to pull away. I laughed quietly as I realised his cheeks were tinted a bit pink. Nawwwwwww he’s so cute, I thought as I tried to throw away the temptation to squish him.

Taemin POV

YESSSSSS!

JUNG HYE IS WILLING TO COME TO DINNER WITH ME!

Well… this will be our second time eating dinner together, I thought as thoughts from the time when we were researching at the library flooded to me.

I felt Jung Hye, who’s hands I was still holding, pull me closer to her as she accepted.

I.

Was.

Still.

Holding.

Her.

Hand.

ASGAJKHKKLFDFJKLJGLKUYUFHJDNVOIKTNFD I NOTICED IT JUST NOW. SHOULD I KEEP ON HOLDING IT? BUT I’VE REALISED THIS JUST NOW AND IT’S SO WEIRD IF I SUDDENLY LET GO BUT OMGOMG.

I grabbed on a little teenie bit tigher. No, Taemin! I am a man!

“Yay!” I cheered.

Jung Hye smiled. “So, where’s this Italian restaurant?”

“Well, it’s corner-“ Suddenly one of Jonghyun-hyung’s rules about being a man popped up in my head: Always go to the girl’s house to pick her up before a dinner date.  “Don’t worry Jung Hye! I’ll pick you up! Is 6:30 alright?”

“Ahhh! Alright! Who-“

I felt a pair of hands grab onto my shoulders and suddenly Jung Hye and I separated hands.

“Taemin, can I talk to you?” asked a voice, which was definitely Jonghyun-hyung’s.

“Ah, sure – BYE JUNG HYE! SEE YOU LATER!” I called after as Jonghyun kept on dragging me. He turned me around before  I could see Jung Hye’s response.

“Yah! Hyung! I was still confirming details!” I lightly scolded him when he dragged me further. “What’s the matter?”

“Nothing.” He shrugged. “You two were still holding hands, that’s all. That’s… weird.”

I blinked, confused. Weren’t I meant to hold the hands of someone I liked? I wanted to ask Jonghyun, but Mr Choi was glaring in my direction with his scarily huge eyes. Oh well, maybe I’ll ask him next time! For now, I shall plan my date—no dinner, with Jung Hye tonight! Hehe…

Onew’s POV

I checked my watch, it was 6:15pm. Oh why oh why did I come so early? Now I had to sit here for 15 minutes like an idiot… Oh stupid Onew! Why were you in such a rush to come here? There was no way Yoo Mi would come early anyways!

I fiddled with my collar nervously as I glanced around the restaurant. It was starting to fill up with various couples, who all seem to come into the restaurant together. Oh I knew I should’ve picked Yoo Mi up. Oh why did I not. Oh stupid me.

I checked my watch again, 6:25pm. Oh my gosh, what if Yoo Mi forgot about this? Maybe she didn’t really like me, maybe she just felt sorry for me or maybe she was just pretending to do it for a laugh. Oh I will look so stupid if she does not turn up, all alone in a restaurant by myself.

This was so embarrassing, I think as I once again curse myself for being so early. I guess I was just too excited because well…it was my first date with Yoo Mi! And I definitely didn’t want to be late!

Onew glanced hopefully at the door as he heard the bell ring, maybe it was—

Oh no, it was just another couple.

Hey they looked familiar.

Hey….

“Hyung!” Taemin’s excited voice rang out through the restaurant as he pulled Jung Hye along with him towards.

Oh how embarrassing. I look like a loner here.

“Hyung! Look Jung Hye, he was the one who introduced me to this restaurant!” Taemin beamed as he looked at Jung Hye, who was smiley brightly back at him.

Wait...are they dating? Oh my gosh, why am I so not up to date?? No one ever tells me anything! I thought Jung Hye was dating Key!

… but she’s dating Taemin?

Ahhh… thinking about it now, she’s so close to Jonghyun?

I paused for a second to think about how all this was working out.

“Hyung?” Taemin questioned and broke me from my confusing thoughts. “Aren’t you going to sit with us?”

“I-err-okay.” I replied as I followed them into the table they were sitting.

“Onew, why are you here? Are you waiting for someone?” Jung Hye asked as the waitress came along and gave each person a glass of water.

“I- errm. Yes.” I replied uneasily and checked the time. It was already 6:40! What if Yoo Mi forgot? DO I HAVE HER NUMBER? What if Yoo Mi didn’t turn up? Oh I am so nervous…I wiped my hands on my pants and glanced around the restaurant, but there was no sign of her.

“Hyung! Are we interrupting you from your date?!” Taemin asked surprisingly, as if he’s just been caught guilty for something.

 “Nahh. It’s err-“ I checked the new time. 6:45. Yoo Mi was 15 minutes late. Was she even coming?

I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Onew?” I heard a familiar voice, and I turned to see Yoo Mi.

YAY! FINALLY! “HI YOO MI! Finally, you’ve come!”

She started laughing sheepishly. “I’m sorry, Onew! I won’t do this again! Who are you sitting-“

Yoo Mi POV

“-with…” I ended my question, as I noticed Jung Hye and Taemin.

Jung Hye.

Jung Hye.

JUNG HYE.

WHY IS JUNG HYE HERE?

I STILL DON’T KNOW HOW TO FACE HER PROPERLY!

My mind quickly raced as I thought back to the time when she accused me of creating the rumours, and we hadn’t talked since then.

Awkwardly, we had both kept eye contact, before she broke it off and instantly started talking to Taemin, who was in the middle of greeting me.

Suddenly someone’s warm hand grabbed mine and I looked down to see it was Onew, smiling his cute smile. “Ahhh~! I was so worried you weren’t going to come!”

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” I started apologising repeatedly for being late, which was because I was picking my outfit out for too long and I didn’t keep track of the time. But of course, I didn’t tell Onew that because it was embarrassing.

“It’s ok!” He smiled. “Let’s eat together with Jung Hye and Taemin!”

I looked towards them both, who were now engrossed in their own conversation, before Taemin turned to me. “HI YOO MI! COME SIT WITH US!” Nawwwww that cutie.

Jung Hye, on the other hand, was now looking at the menu.

Maybe she was still mad at me.

“Ummm… maybe I shouldn’t.” I mumbled, my voice going softer with every word. Why, oh why did I end up bumping with Jung Hye?


A/N

The image for this chapter was a fanart made by mikkijoyce (thank you :D) and we thought it was amazing XD So yeah, just wanted to share it with everyone ^^ 

Also, to those who live around Sydney, have you heard about the Kpop Music Festival in November?? We are so excited for it! Cannot believe all these Kpop groups (including Shinee, DBSK, SNSD, Beast etc) are coming! Hehehe who else is definitely going?? :P

Lastly, thank you to all our subscribers and to those who comment! Althought we cannot respond to all of them, we do read every single one of them and they really do motivate us to write more and make us very happy! So thank you so much ^^ Lately we've been updating around once a month, so for our old readers, are you surprised? XD