Mad over a first kiss

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 


Jung Hye POV

I immediately set off after saying good bye to Taemin and Yoo Mi, hoping that Jonghyun doesn’t decide to follow me so we could walk home together.

But of course, that is exactly what he does.

“Jung Hye! Why are you walking so fast?” He puffs as he jogs to catch up with me.

I start walking faster, I really didn’t want to talk to him since somehow in one day he had managed to steal my first kiss AND then go straight on with flirting with another girl.

Unfortunately he still catches up to me. “Are you trying to avoid me!?” He says jokingly as he slows down so that he is walking next to me.

“No, I was just following the rules that you set up, remember?  We are strangers outside this house, so therefore we shouldn’t be talking, let alone walking home together.” I say before quickening my pace.

Jonghyun frowns, “But we are friends now aren’t we? Why are you so angry? IS THIS ABOUT THE KISS? Are you still mad that I took your first kiss!!”

“HOW DO YOU KNOW IT WAS MY FIRST KISS!!” Do I really seem that unexperienced??

He shrugged, “I don’t know, just seemed like it! Anyways if it makes you feel any better, it was my first kiss too!”

Huh. As if. “Yeah, sure it was.”

“You don’t believe me?” His eyes widen in surprise.

“No, like of course that was your first kiss, of course you’ve never dated a girl before, totally believable.” I reply sarcastically, seriously why would he even bother lying about such a thing.

“IT’S TRUE!”

“Sureee.”

“BUT IT IS TRUE! WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT SUCH A THING?”

“Whatever you say Jonghyun, but anyways, no I am not mad because of that!”

Jonghyun POV

“Then why are you mad?!” I asked. And WHY is Jung Hye acting like this! It’s not my fault that some fat dude pushed me!

“I’m not mad,” she grunted quietly and started walking faster.

OH NO YOU DON’T WALK FASTER.

I pulled into a stop right in front of her and she drew to an abrupt stop. I put my hands on my hips and tried to give her an annoyed face. “YES you said you were mad! Just not because of the kiss! Tell me why you’re mad!”

“I’M NOT MAD!” she repeated, louder and more mad-sounding. AS IF YOU’RE NOT MAD. She looked away from me and stepped to the left, trying to walk past me.

I grabbed her arm and twirled her back around, facing me again. “Tell me why you’re mad!”

“It doesn’t matter! Stop wasting time with me!”

“Huh?”

“Just run off with Haeyoung!”

“HUH?” I asked again as her words sunk in.

IS JUNG HYE.

JEALOUS?

I started doubling into a fit of laughter. She is jealous and mad over something like this?

“Hey stop laughing! I’m serious! JUST KISS HER INSTEAD! I don’t care!””

"AHAHAHAHAHA- WAIT WHAT?! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? I’M NOT GUNNA KISS HER!” I’m sorry, but with a girl I’ve just met today?!

Jung Hye returned a completely serious look. “You mean you weren’t thinking about that at all?”

“EXCUSE ME! We’re friends who met today! We don’t have anything for each other!”

She looked at me skeptically. “Really?!”

“Really.” I answered. Jung Hye always looks at me like I’m a bad boy player. Okay, so maybe I’ve flipped a few teachers off before, and okay maybe I’ve rejected and brushed off every girl who’s liked me, and maybe I’ve punched a few guys before, but really?

Her expression softened a tad bit. “You’re not lying?”

“I’m not lying,” I smiled and ruffled her hair. We started walking again. “I like you more than her anyways.”
 

Jung Hye Pov

I like you more than her anyways.

I like YOU more than HER anyways.

HAHAHA JONGHYUN LIKES ME MORE THAN HER ANYWAYS.

ME OVER HAEYOUNG! HEHEHE.

Actually this is absurd, why am I so happy about that one sentence anyways? IT DOESN’T MEAN ANYTHING.

It’s not like he likes me or anything. Not that I want him to like me. Or do I? He isn’t exactly as bad as I first thought he was, in fact he is quite nice.

Not to mention good looking. But that doesn’t really count since I am a very NOT SHALLOW person.

Ahh, too many things to think about, I shall play a video game to take my mind off this. I sit down next to my television and rummage through all my games, which there are a lot of.

 Yes I am a gamer. A really big one too.

So many of these games need more than one player! Maybe I should ask Jonghyun? Yes, after all he likes me better than Haeyoung! Heeheee.

“Jonghyun, Jonghyun!” I say as I walk out of my room, to find him reading a book on his bed.

“Hmm?” He says looking up from his book with an inquisitive look to his eye.

“Wanna play Mario Kart with me???” 

“Um...”

“Please! It’s boring playing by myself!”

“But I’ve never played it before...”

What? He did not just say that! “Are you serious!? HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE PLAYED MARIO KART BEFORE, IT IS MARIO KART HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDERNEATH A ROCK!?!?”

“Relax! Well, I never owned any sort of gaming console...”

How is that even possible? Gaming consoles had to be a boy’s best friend at some point! How could he never have owned one? So weird...“WELL, YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT ON.! But don’t worry! You will easily get the hang of this! It’s quite simple really, quickly let’s play!”

I go back into my room and begin setting up the game, “Oh and, don’t worry if you lose, the first say 10 rounds, since you’re just a beginner and I am like awesome at this!”

Hehe, it will be so fun owning Jonghyun in all these games!

Jonghyun POV

Jung Hye is not a happy person right now. I know that because she is furrowing her eyebrows and drinking water every 5 seconds. Not to mention she looks downright agitated. Sometimes she even kicks at the floor! Except she hasn’t been saying anything, so I continue keeping quiet and playing the game.

Mario Kart is so fun! I can’t believe I have been living underneath a rock (as Jung Hye put it) all this time! I smiled as I crossed the finish line of the last lap. I WON! AGAIN! YAY!

“ARGH!” Jung Hye finally bursts out and takes another big gulp of her water, “I thought I was good at this!”

Oh.

So she was mad because she was losing.

“Oh don’t worry Jung Hye, I’m sure you’ll win soon!” I said, and groaned at how much of a bad comforting friend I was.

She shot me a glare and put the game controller down. “No! I quit!”

“NOOOO! DON’T QUIT!” I begged her, and an idea popped in mind.

“BUT YOU KEEP ON WINNING!”

“I’LL STOP WINNING!!! PLEASEEE!!”

“BUT IT’S NOT FUN IF YOU LET ME WIN!”

“Then I won’t let you win! PLEASEE!”

Jung Hye sighed (while looking happy). “Alright, I’ll play. BUT DON’T LET ME WIN OK. I CAN DO THIS.”

“Heh, I’ll beat you,” I said in mock competitiveness. Jung Hye picked the controller back up and we started another round.

Well, yes. I lied. I slowed myself down a little bit so I was a little behind Jung Hye and took over her sometimes until her competitiveness kicked in and I let her win.

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I WONNNNNN!!!!” Jung Hye cheered as she stood up and starting jumping around.

I smiled sheepishly. “Hehe, congratula-“

Jung Hye instantly enveloped me into a tight hug and jumped around on the spot.

……

………..

………………….

“YAYYYYYYYYYY!!! I’M SO HAPPY I WON!!!!!!!!”

SO TIGHT! SO TIGHT! I CAN’T BREATHE!

“HEY, GET OFF!” I cried teasingly, but I felt Jung Hye shake her head against her shoulder.

Then I felt her chin rest of my shoulder which sent shivers throughout my body and blood rushing to my cheeks.

Ok, despite my image, I have honestly never had a relationship with a girl. So of course I am very inexperienced with this type of stuff even though it is a bear hug and not a romantic hug.

Suddenly I had images of the kiss with Jung Hye flood my mind, and my cheeks burnt even more. Why am I reacting this much now?! Why not when we actually kissed at the time!

I felt Jung Hye’s grip around me loosen and she started pulling back. OH NO! I CAN’T LET HER SEE MY RED FACE! SHE WILL DEFINITELY TEASE ME FOR IT!

I instantly turned around so she couldn’t see my face. PHEW! GOOD SAVE JONGHYUN! I started rushing off to the direction of the bathroom.

“JONGHYUN! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?” Jung Hye asked as I stumbled to the bathroom.

Jung Hye POV

“TO PEE!” Jonghyun yelled back as he tripped on his feet a bit before steadying himself up and entered the bathroom, sloppily slamming the door behind him.

I sighed. Was Jonghyun really that busting?! He didn’t even drink much water when we were playing! I DRANK SO MUCH! And am I peeing?!

I sat on the couch and looked at the TV.

YAY! I WON!!! I’M SO HAPPY!!!

Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby~
Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby~

 SNSD’s chorus of voices interrupted my thoughts.

I raised my eyebrow. Where did the music come from?

I followed it and saw it was from Jonghyun’s phone. OH FUNNY JONGHYUN WITH THAT RING TONE FUNNY FUNNY.

Oh. That reminds me. I haven’t gotten his phone number yet.

“HEY JONGHYUN!” I called, to the direction of the bathroom.

“YEAH?” I heard Jonghyun’s shout from inside.

“YOUR PHONE IS RINGING!”

“OK! I’LL CHECK WHEN I COME OUT!”

Jonghyun’s call ended. Seriously Jonghyun? This is your ringtone?

I was about to take steps back to sitting on the couch until I heard his phone ringing again.

“JONGHYUN!”

“YEAH?”

“HURRY UP AND GET HERE THIS PERSON IS CALLING YOU AGAIN! BY THE WAY, NICE RINGTONE!”

“YEAH YEAH, I KNOW RIGHT! I LOVE SNSD!”

The call ended again, but before I could take a sip of water, it started again. This person is impatient!

I stomped towards Jonghyun’s phone again, and I saw the caller ID: Sweetheart. Okay. Seriously Jonghyun? The ringtone was weird enough, but you name people Sweetheart? Who in the world does that? Unless, that someone is really that important… NO JONGHYUN IS PRACTICALLY SOCIALLY AWKWARD WITH GIRLS! THAT’S WHAT HE SAID!

The call ended again, and I sighed in relief. This person really wanted to talk to Jonghyun. I returned to my seat on the couch until a beep came from Jonghyun’s phone. Curious, I plodded over to it again.

1 New Message from: Sweetheart flashed on his phone screen.

“YOU GOT A NEW TEXT MESSAGE!” I yelled over to the bathroom. Gosh how long does Jonghyun take?! What would he be doing in the toilet that would take so- okay better not think about that.

I turned my attention back to the phone.

Something inside me sparked a reaction.

I really want to know who ‘Sweetheart’ is to Jonghyun.

So I took the phone into my hands and opened the message.

Hey baby!
TMRW WHEN I SEE YOU I WILL CUT YOU FOR NOT RETURNING MY CALLS!!!
oh yeh you heard me im coming tomorrow ;)
Where? Right to your school ofc, but more on tht later.
im sry for not contacting you all this time!!!! I always think about you
call me back asap when you get this!!!
I <3 you, youd better still love me too
- u kno who this is ;P OMG I SWEAR IF U HAVE FORGOTTEN ME PREPARE TO BE CUT TOMORROW

When I finished reading the text, the first thing that came into my mind was: girlfriend.

Girlfriend.

Jonghyun seriously has a girlfriend?!

But, he had said, HE LOST HIS FIRST KISS TO ME. HE HAD SAID.

Unless he lied.

Girlfriend. Sweetheart. Hey baby. Always think about you. I <3 you, you’d better still love me too.

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun voice emerged. Surprised, I turned to my right.

Oh no.

“Erm, nothing, your ringtone was getting really annoying! And I wanted to change it hehehe...” I say as I fumble with his phone in order to exit from the text message screen.

So Jonghyun did have a girlfriend huh. Which means today wasn’t his first kiss.

Which he means he lied to me.

And I believed him.

“Oh, okay, I wonder who called me! Can I have my phone back?” He reaches his hand out and takes the phone from me.

Then as he checks his message he smiles. Not the awkward forced type of smile you give to random stalker girls.

No, he grinned and even laughed out loud, eyes creasing with laughter as he read the message.

And he looked so excited.

Which makes sense, because hadn’t she said she was going to see him tomorrow?

He must really like her a lot. She must be his girlfriend. He really did lie.

After reading the message, he immediately calls the person back. “HEY! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?? I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU CAN FINALLY CALL ME!” I can practically see the happiness radiating from him. HE EVEN JUMPED UP AND DOWN LIKE A FANGIRL!!

He then proceeds to walk out of my room and closes my door. Without even waving to me!

I sigh as I slump onto my bed and switched off the Mario Kart game.

Today .


 

 

A/N: HEY GUYS!!

First of all thank you for all the support guys guys give us!! We love your comments too =D Especially reading them hehe!

WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT A LOT !!!

We're sorry for being slow again HAHA but here's another long chapter ^.^

i hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter!!! I wonder who Jonghyun's girlfriend is... >; ) heeeheeeheeee.