Wrong assumptions

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Jonghyun POV

“Did you just say Jung Hye-“

“No. What do you mean?” I sheepishly smiled, answering immediately. That was just so embarrassing. Did I just say Jung Hye? Yes I did. Should I pretend that never happened? Yes I will. And will I hide the fact that Jung Hye is my roommate? Yes, I thought in my head as I quickly rushed to Jung Hye’s bedroom door and closed it.

“Oh,” Onew shrugged. “Anyways, sorry for being so sudden! Is it okay?” Onew smiled as I rushed back and opened the door for them.

PHEW!

“Oh yeah man, it’s fine,” I said, smiling.

“Hello!” Yoo Mi stepped forward, “I, umm, well, I- IjustwanttosaythatI’mreallysorryandIhope-“

Onew grabbed her shoulders. “Breathe in,” Yoo Mi inhaled and her shoulders rose as she did, “Breathe out,” her shoulders dropped down, “And say it slowly!”

I raised my eyebrow, then I remembered Key’s etiquette rule #17 (which he made me memorise his whole set of rules on one unlucky day).

“Haha, sit down guys! Do you want a cup of tea?” I offered, trying to take in Key’s rules before I ran to the kitchen.

Not like I have any tea.............

But anyways..................................

“J-Jonghyun, I just want to say something!” Yoo Mi piped.

I looked at her. She looks brighter now. A lot brighter than usual. I looked at Onew – do they have something on? Oh maybe I need to consult Key about this. I swear he’s like a love guru. “Yeah?”

“I-I-I-I-I-I-“

“Yesss......................”

“I’M REALLY SORRY!!!” Yoo Mi suddenly burst and she bowed her head down to me.

“For........ what..........?” At this point I was just really confused. Yoo Mi lifted her head up, and I realised her face was really red now. (I knew it, she likes me!)

“The rumours... of you and Key being gay...” she turned her face away at this point, “is all because of me.”

I frowned.

What?

“Say that again?”

She blushed even more and bowed her head again, “I’m sorry, I caused the rumours about you and key. Not Jung Hye, please forgive her.” She mumbled

Not Jung Hye. Not Jung Hye. It was Yoo Mi. No. That can’t be. “Did Jung Hye tell you though? Why else would you think such a thing? You have no reason to!”

“I-I, I overheard your conversation with her yesterday…” Yoo Mi meekly replies, still with her head down.

‘How-, what- I don’t even know… you came here? You stood outside our door and eavesdropped? Why would you do such a thing?” A million thoughts ran through my head as I spoke. So Jung Hye wasn’t lying? So I did accuse her wrongly?

“You’re such an eyesore. I wish I’d never met you. Have fun ruining people.”
A feeling of overwhelming guilt washes over me as I recalled the words I had said to her.

‘I don’t know… I-I just wanted to see why Jung Hye was going home with you and Key… I’m so sorry. I am such a loud mouth. I’m so so so sorry. Please-‘

‘Please go.’ I interject because really, I was not in the mood to listen to her rambling. The damage has already been done.  Everyone thinks Key and I are gay. Jung Hye hates me. I hate me.

“But-“ Yoo Mi glanced up with frightened eyes as she heard the tone of my voice.

“I think you should go.”  

Yoo Mi turns to look at Onew for help. This was obviously not a reaction she expected

‘Jonghyun, don’t you think you’re being a bit too harsh on her, at least she-‘

I sighed, ‘Fine, I forgive her okay? Happy? Go now.”

Onew looked like he was about to say something more but at the last minute, decided against it and instead he just casts a worried look at me before he took hold of Yoo Mi’s arm and guided her out of the house.

Finally.

Jung Hye POV

“Are rou gowing to prick dat up?” Taemin asked while munching on his chocolate muesli bar, pointing his direction towards my ringing phone.

“Nah.” I shrugged, grabbing the tv remote and switching the channel. I looked at my phone’s screen before – Yoo Mi’s name was flashing on the display.

“Errr well if its shomeone rimportant den rou should- HEY! DATS THE NEWSH CHANNEL!”

“You should watch the news once in a while! It’s good for you!” I retorted. I bet Taemin watches ABC Kids all day long, judging by his reaction...

“.... Okray den.” He sighed, reaching out for another chocolate muesli bar from the stack his mum had provided generously for us.

I watched him in pure envy. How could he eat so much without worrying about getting fat?! Aish, he’s just the same as Jonghyun! Never having to worry about what girls worry about and still look so good! Both of them, so non-pimply! Great hair! Jonghyun’s tank body! Taemin’s skinniness!

Aish... why am I thinking about Jonghyun... AISHHH!

I looked at the time.

6:15pm.

I wonder what he was doing now.

Hmph, probably getting scolded by Key. Making their own dinner together. Without me.

Now Jonghyun has somebody else to make dinner for, I thought as the corners of my lips lifted slightly into a smile, remembering when he made dinner for me when I was with Taemin.

This time he won’t be waiting for me.

“... and the South Korean won has been steadily rising in the recent times which reflect the competency of....” the woman’s drone of a voice continued on from the tv. In which Taemin looked 100% immersed into it.

“Since I’m sleeping over tonight, what are we having for dinner, Mr. Host?”

“Well, I have- wait you’re what?” Taemin turned to look at me with wide blinking eyes.

“Sleeping over!” I grinned

His eyes widened more, ‘Oh noooo! You can’t do that!’

‘Aww? Why not??”

“Cause- cause you’re a girl!” Taemin spluttered.

I give him an amused smile, ‘So? We’re just friends, relax~ I’m not going to pedo on you or anything! Don’t worry!”

Taemin turned red, “Nooo, I didn’t mean that! But if you sleepover my mum might get ideas! And think you’re my girlfriend or something!!”

“Are you embarrassed to have me as a girlfriend!?” I joked, watching Taemin’s face blush deeper.

‘No!! Of course not! But you still shouldn’t sleepover, wouldn’t your family be worried?”

Pssh. As if my family would care. They hadn’t called once since I moved into my new apartment! Speaking of the new apartment, I wonder if Jonghyun would care?

No, of course not. He had told me he never wanted to see me again, so he should be happy shouldn’t he? “Nahh! It’ll be fine! Come ooooon just let me stay! Wouldn’t it be fun?? We can play games and watch movies and eat and talk and it will be so fun!”

Taemin still looked unsure, “You don’t have a change of clothes or anything!”

As if on cue, Taemin’s mum barged into the room, surprising us both, “THAT’S ALRIGHT! SHE CAN BORROW MINE!! It might be a bit big, BUT THAT’S OKAY ISNT IT!! I’m sure I have some pretty things that I can’t fit into any longer, but should be perfect for you! I just wanted to say I am absolutely ECSTATIC for you to stay over Jung Hye! You’re welcome any time! Taeminnie, why have you never introduced this lovely girl to me before!?” Her loud voice echoes across the whole room. Mrs Lee (Or as Hae Mi, which is what she asked me to call her) is a short plump lady with a mouth that’s always smiling and eyes that twinkle, just like Taemin’s, she reminds me of a Mum that I would love to have.

‘Mumm! WHERE YOU LISTENING AT THE DOOR!?!?” Taemin pouted, folding his arms.

“What? Me? Eavesdropping? Of course not! Keke, you kids continue having fun! Jung Hye you can sleep over for sure! Great company for Taemin! I’ll go cook dinner now!’ She grinned as she hugged me and patted Taemin on the head before she left.

I turn to give Taemin a triumphant look, “Guess I’m staying over then~”
--

Jonghyun POV

Jung Hye didn’t come home last night! I stayed up the WHOLE NIGHT waiting for her! Okay fine, I stayed up until 1am before I accidently dozed off.

BUT STILL.

SHE NEVER CAME BACK.

Was she still angry at me? Probably, even I’m still angry with myself.

DOES THIS MEAN SHE IS NEVER GOING TO COME BACK HERE??

No. That’s impossible! She has all her things here, she can’t just leave!

But where else could she have gone last night? She definitely wasn’t with Yoo Mi, does that mean she was all alone?

A YOUNG TEENAGE GIRL ALL ALONE FOR THE WHOLE NIGHT??

WHAT IF SHE WAS KIDNAPPED!?!?!? OH MY GOSH.

No. Be reasonable Jonghyun, Jung Hye is a strong man who can easily protect herself against kidnappers.

Yes. She probably just stayed with her family.

Yes calm down Jonghyun. Just go to school, find her, give her  your absolute DEEPEST apologies then all will be good.

Except for the rumours. I sigh, I will have to deal with them somehow too. But first, I better get to school.



 

A/n: GUESS WHAT GUYS!!

DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHO SHOW LO IS ??? for those who dont, he's this ULTRA CUTE ULTRA FUNNY ULTRA <3 taiwanese idol!

well in 5 days he's having a concert here in sydney

and DEESTAR WON FREE DOUBLE PASS TO GO TO HIS CONCERT LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

SO WE'RE BOTH GOING TO HIS CONCERT OMGSSH!!!!!! (dinomyte, who is me, bought tickets before)

and she won the tickets from SBS POPASIA

WHICH IS ALSO WHERE WE WON TICKETS FROM FOR THE SHINEE SYDNEY CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so both of us love sbs popasia like hell now LOLOL

 

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my gosh, i can't believe we have 350+ already, i swear when we first posted this story up we were like 'HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET 5 SUBBERS A CHAPTER', but really? THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!! THE COMMENTS MAKE US ALL MELT HEHEHEHE!!!

OGFMOGMFOGMGODGNSGS SHOW LO CONCERT <3

bye guys !! :D