Stop Being So Ambiguous

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jonghyun POV


I regret saying the words the moment they come out of my mouth. Are you dating Key? Why would you say that Jonghyun!? What is your problem? Why did your voice sound so serious! You sound like some possessive boyfriend! Argh. Jung Hye’s expression shows me that she too, is surprised at what I just said. “I mean, not that I care or anything, but you know he is a total girl! Just warning you that you would be the man in the relationship!” I add jokingly, hoping to lighten the conversation and pretend that I never said that stupid sentence.

Jung Hye smiles a little at my last comment (hohoho I am such a funny person aren’t I!) but the smile only stays for a second before it turns into a frown, as if Jung Hye momentarily forgot she was meant to be angry with me.

“Seriously Jonghyun? If you really want to know, then as I said. Ask. Key.” She says with a neutral expression.

Noooo. I bet she is still pissed at me for blaming her for the rumours! I have to make it up to her somehow...

I open my mouth to reply, but before I could say anything a loud voice interrupts the whole class.

“WHAT. THE. CRAP. IS GOING ON HERE!?” At the front of the classroom Mr Park (to describe him in three words would be big, bald and boring), our English teacher, stands fuming at the chaotic classroom where everyone except for Jung Hye and I, were enthusiastically dancing the can-can.

At the sound of his voice, the whole class stops.

“WHO STARTED THIS?!” He yells again, glaring across the room at every student, trying to determine who the guilty one was. This of course, was not a hard job as while everyone else knew that Mr Park was a teacher not to be messed with, Key who had yet to learn such a thing, was smiling brightly at him, “I did, mister! It’s so fun, you should join in sometimes! It’s great exercise too!”

Key was instantly met with a glare.

Uh oh spaghetti-oh.

I instantly turned away from the scene.

“DETENNNNNNNNNNTIOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

--

I was lazily holding my pencil, not bothering to scribble down whatever the teacher was saying with his drone of a voice when the ringing of the bell interrupted him. All I could think about was what to do about Jung Hye. I mean she was obviously still mad at me right?

“Well kids I hope you’ve learnt a lot!” Mr Park smiled grossly at the class, which was an obvious mood swing from when he first came in. The classroom was then immediately filled with chatter and the sound of chairs screeching on the floors as people got out of their chairs.

Before I even started packing, Key had already ran up to my desk with a smirk on his face and supporting his bag which was loosely slung on his shoulder.

Aishhh. Key. Suddenly the memories from earlier of Key kissing Jung Hye… her back pressed against the wall and Key-

 “Jonghyun Jonghyun! Let’s go let’s go!” He nagged happily as he grabbed my arm and started shaking it.

“Fine okay okay! Aishhh Key it hurts!” I complained.

Key glared down at me. “Is this how you treat me? I’ve just came back?” He said in mock anger and crossed his arms.

I started laughing. “Nobody likes you.”

“Everyone does! I’m fab-u-lous! Should I spell it out, dumb Jjong?” He smiled angelically and flipped his non-existent long hair as if he was trying a shampoo commercial.

“Psh!” I rolled my eyes.

“Jung Hye likes me! She’s my new baby~” Key stuck his tongue out slyly and my ears instantly picked up when he said Jung Hye. More images of their kiss flooded my mind, and when I took in Key’s playful expression, an instant realisation came to me…

“UAL HARRASSER!” I yelled as I jumped out of my chair and pointed at Key accusingly. “You ain’t even dating Jung Hye!”

“Who said!!”

“HARASSER. NO WONDER. I BET YOU THREW YOURSELF AT HER!!”

“WHAT! ME?” Key incredulously replied as he exaggeratedly pointed to himself.  “Throw myself on her?! She’s pretty, but no Jonghyun, just no! I would never stoop  that low!!”

“Sureee. SUREE...”

“It’s true!” Key indignantly said, “besides, she obviously enjoyed my awesome skills and IT WAS JUST A KISS! How is that harassment! What are you, five??”

“Pshh, but you aren’t dating are you??” I asked again, determined to find out the answer.

Key paused, before grinning widely, “Why? You jealous?”

Jealous? Me? What? No.... IMPOSSIBLE! “NO! Of course not!  What are you talking about! I just think I should know if you are cause like we are good friends yeah???”

“Nah...”

What??? What???? How could he say that!? Did that mean yes? They were dating? “Yes!! You should tell me!”

“So anyways, I got to go my next class! Then I have detention after school, stupid Mr Park and to think I thought he was nice! See ya tomoz baby!” Key hurriedly left the room before I could protest.

Oh stupid Key. WHY WON’T HE TELL ME??? Maybe they really are dating. How weird would that be...For the rest of the day, I tried to find and talk to Jung Hye but every time she saw me she would deliberately walk away from me. Also, she seemed to be surrounded by people constantly asking her if it was true that she was dating Key and even though she never nodded or anything, by the end of school almost everyone in our grade knew of the event that happened in our classroom.

Taemin POV

So Jung Hye and Key are dating.

I wouldn’t have believed it because well, they don’t exactly seem to match...

But then I saw them kissing with my own eyes, so it must be true right?

But they’ve just met!

Unless… they’ve met before? And it’s like those dramas where the guy and girl share this awesome past together and then they lose each other because the guy moves and there is a tearful reunion-

All these confusing thoughts started swirling in my head, until they stopped making sense and turned into teletubbies.

Aishh! I couldn’t think properly! And why was this bothering me so much anyways? I’m not supposed to think about Jung Hye and Key and their dating life!

It’s not supposed to matter to me at all…

So, I scrunched up my nose, why am I thinking so much?

Yoo Mi POV

“587 SZA… 587 SZA…” I lightly murmured under my breath as I walked through the library book shelves and lightly skidded my fingers across the top of the books. I kept my eyes glued on every number, hoping that I could find the book that I wanted…

I smiled as I finally reached the 587 line. Now I had to look through to find the SZA as well!

“Yoo Mi?”

I jumped at the sudden voice behind me.

And there was Onew, who was lazily leaning on the wall at the corner, sitting down. He was also holding a book upside down.

And he looked as if he has just been asleep.

He looked exactly like those cool drama guys hanging out in the back of libraries and catching some sleep.

Seriously.

“H-Hi Onew!” I said as I gathered myself, then I raised my eyebrow at him. “Why are you here?”

He smiled.

Ahhh.

So cute.

Normal POV

“I should be asking you that,” he chuckled and looked her right in the eye, “Nobody comes here.”

“Uhh, well…” Yoo Mi desperately avoided the awkward eye contact with Onew by nervously shifting her eyes at all directions around. “I need to find a book… 58- 58 umm… 58 something… 581? 582? Oh my goodness I forgot umm ummm… OH RIGHT, 587 SZA!”

Onew laughed more when she clicked her fingers as she remembered. “Ahh, good luck finding the book then! I should get going now too…”

“Oh, t-thanks…” Yoo Mi stuttered as Onew stood up and closed his book, starting to put it away. And that was when Yoo Mi saw the letters at the back of his book: 587 SZA.

“Ah!” Yoo Mi pointed at his book. “That’s the one I’m looking for!”

Onew blinked back at her before turning over to the cover. “20 Tips to Meet Your Soulmate?” He read the title and looked back at her.

Yoo Mi blushed tomato red: the title of her desired book was revealed.  “Oh, umm, maybe I got the wrong book, hahaha…” she nervously started laughing, before she realised, “Wait… you were reading that book?”

Onew instantly turned his face away, away from Yoo Mi’s sight and shoved the book in front of her. “N-no, of course not, anyways you wanted this book right?”

“Y-Yes, umm, wait, no! No! Of course not! It’s okay!”

“Ahhh, I feel so awkward…” Onew sheepishly scratched the back of his head while bending over and putting the book back. Quickly, he swivelled around to leave. She was about to say bye, before he turned his head around again with a warm smile.

“I haven’t been found here before.” he said.

There was a magic spell on Yoo Mi, as she smiled back and said, “But I’ve found you.”



 

A/N: OMG OMG OMG WE'RE SO SORRY WE HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE OVER A MONTH AND OMG. JUST THAT THINGS GOT A LOT MORE BUSY OVER THE PAST MONTH AND ALL THESE ASSIGNMENTS AND STUFF AND PURE LAZINESS HAHA D;

BUT WE'VE MANAGED TO UPDATE BEFORE THE MONTH ENDED!

ALSO ALSO HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY TO SHINEE <3 BOY THEY'VE GROWN UP HAHA :D

ok sorry for the major abuse of caps haha

BUT OMGOMOGMGOGMGO THEIR JAP REPLAY PV IS RELEASING TOMORROW WHO'S EXCITED?? WE AREEEE :D:D:D

AGAIN, APOLOGIES AND WE REALLYYYY HOPE THIS STORY HASN'T BEEN FORGOTTEN

@taeshawol: sorry this is a reallllllllllyyyyy late reply but are you still interested for me to upload my shinee sydney fancam ? haha :D