Where are you going?

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye POV

“Where are you going?” Jonghyun called from the kitchen as I had just opened the front door and slipped my feet in my shoes.

“Ummm.” I started for a second before I saw him walk up disapprovingly to me, a ladle on one hand and a knife on the other. Ever since Jonghyun had asked us… to become “friends” again, it was as if the whole barrier wall was knocked down.

I stared at the knife hard. “Jonghyun. What are you doing with that knife?”

Jonghyun held out the hand with his knife and looked at it. “Uhh. To kill you with? Gosh Jung Hye, obviously!”

“Well, fine! It was a knife! Who wouldn’t be scared?!”

“I’m not a ditz like you where you would start cutting yourself okay! And getting blood all over carrots, gosh.”

I shivered at the memory, only a month ago when Jonghyun was being totally weird and unresponsive when I asked him about his family. What is wrong with him anyways?

‘Well –“ I started as I tied up my shoelaces. “Got to go now! Bye!”

I pushed the door shut, but it got interrupted by Jonghyun’s ladle. “Tell me where you’re going,” he said as he kept the door open.

“Why?” I smirked. “You’re not going to follow me are you?”

He rolled his eyes. “Puh-lease! I am a very nice person! Don’t you think that I am very nice? So, because I am a very cool and a very nice person, I am just nicely asking where you are going!” he said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Nah.” I shrugged my shoulders and used all my strength against Jonghyun’s to push the door back.

Before I knew it, the door had opened wide again. Jonghyun pulled on my arm and span me, slamming the door shut and in a matter of milliseconds after, gently pushed me against the door.

Jonghyun inched closer to me – millimetres from my face. I could feel my heart beating profusely, pounding against my chest as Jonghyun stared into my eyes. His arm rested on the door in one side of me and I felt like our breathing were in perfect sync.

“W-Wha… t are you doing?” I whispered, worried that my voice wouldn’t come out.

“No… where are you going, alone, at 9pm?” He whispered back, feeling hot breath against my face.

“Are you my mother?”

“I might as well be!”

I pushed Jonghyun in the chest, enough that he would get off me. He stumbled back a few steps but then quickly got back to balance.

Finally, I sighed. “I’m going grocery shopping. There, are you happy now? Why are you such a creepo pedo stalker for?”

Jonghyun breathed a sigh of relief, before announcing, “Great, I’m coming with you!”

 And that was the story of how I ended up walking through the supermarket with Jonghyun. It felt like forever since the last time I did. Probably was, too.

“Let’s get brussel sprouts.  We haven’t gotten them before and they’re so healthy!” Jonghyun suggested, holding out a whole tub of brussel sprouts and dumping the damn thing in our trolley.

“Dude, Jonghyun.” I took out the tub and put it back on the ground. “Stop being a health freak! Why in the world did you put the whole freaking tub into our trolley?”

He shrugged. “Apparently it’s good for body building.”

“Ahh. What a myth.”

“C’mon Jung Hye! Don’t you want to body build as well?” he winked.

I paused a bit before I realised that Jonghyun winked.

Jonghyun,

Winked.

“Why… did you just wink at me?” I asked, unsure. He was being weird. Since when was he such a weirdo sleazy flirt?

“What?! I didn’t wink at you.”

“No… you did.”

“What?! Why would I wink at a KFC man?! I bet my eye just twitched.”

“You winked!”

“Okay Jung Hye, I know you like me so stop making up lies.”

I punched him on the arm. “Pshh. You wish.”

“Nuh uh.” He said defiantly. With no warning at all, he pulled a trolley over and stepping into it.

“JONGHYUN, WHAT ARE YOU-“ I started yelling in shock as he seated himself comfortably on the trolley. He looked up at me with big puppy eyes and he tried to smile like a teddy bear.

I raised my eyebrow. “What.”

“Push me!!!” Jonghyun childishly cooed. “I’m already on this trolley! Push me Jung Hye!!!”

“Omg Jonghyun, what in the world?! Get off! You’re embarrassing me!” I said as I started wheeling the trolley that we already have with all our groceries.

I walked past a few aisles and thought it was pretty weird that I didn’t hear Jonghyun get off or following behind me. Was there something wrong with him? Did he just stay in the trolley? Unsure, I turned back slightly to see him pushing and wheeling himself forward while sitting inside the shopping trolley.

I stared at him for a few seconds, only for him to catch my eye contact and give me a cheesy and smile that looked like a cute little boy, and then I walked away.

--

“Where should we go now?!” I asked, laidback, as I opened up my arms and palms on the side, walking through the cool evening breeze.

“Home!” Jonghyun answered, in a sarcastic enthusiasm. Hmph. I’m not taking anymore weird or negative Jonghyun today.

“Let’s explore some shops.” I suggested, as I started to walk towards the direction of a Japanese restaurant. OH HOW MUCH I MISSED JAPANESE FOOD! Ever since I started living in the slums with stupid gorilla-dino Jonghyun, the only times I got to eat out was dinner with Taemin. Who had a real fondness for Italian food.

Jonghyun grabbed at my hand and pulled me away from the direction of the restaurant. Instantly, I turned around with an evil eye. “I. Want. To. Eat. Sushi.”

“No.” He answered sharply and turned his head to look forward as I grew increasingly conscious of his hand still holding mine, rocking back and forth with the momentum of our walk. “Do we even have enough money left? Do you know how expensive sushi was?!”

Jonghyun had a point. I looked away, pouting. “Fine then! Do you have anything else better to do?!” I asked and I fully expected him to tell us to go home. In which I had the perfect comeback for that scenario – which was to punch him in the face and then go to buy my sushi.

“Of course.” He proclaimed, and I scrunched my fist up, ready, and he pointed to the park that we were now heading towards. “Let’s walk around!”

“Uhhh.” Was he serious?! “Walking in a park at 10pm isn’t the safest idea, okay.”

Jonghyun squeezed tighter on my hand. His hand felt soft, but calloused. It was warm – the right amount of warmth. And, somehow, it felt as if my hand was made to be in his. “Nobody’s going to jump on a KFC man like you.”

I kicked him on the shin. Thanks for ruining the mood.

Jonghyun POV

We were both laying down on the cool grass, limbs outstretched. I didn’t even know how exactly we ending up lying on the floor. It was just spontaneous; in the moment.

“Damn you Jonghyun. You told me we could see stars like this.” Jung Hye said as bluntly as possible with her usual personality. Okay… maybe it wasn’t spontaneous as I said, but I just told her we could go star-watching.

“We so can!” I argued back and pointed to somewhere empty in the sky.

Jung Hye turned to see where I pointed my finger. “WHERE?!”

“There!” I jutted my finger out even more. “Can’t you see?!”

Jung Hye tried to follow my finger line, but to no avail. She couldn’t see any stars. I started laughing quietly to myself. “Are you pointing at the right thing? I can’t see anything…”

“I told you! There! Look! You’re so dumb!”

I could feel her squirming and squinting her eyes next to me, before I suddenly started bursting out in even more laughter.

“OMG. DID YOU JUST TROLL ME.”

“HAHHAHAHAHAA JOKE’S ON YOU JUNG HYE!”

“Oh my gosh I AM GOING TO-“ She started yelling, and before I could escape with my awesome manly Jonghyun powers, she grabbed on my arm and started twisting it.

THAT. KFC. MAN. NO WONDER SHE’S NOT A GIRL. IT HURTS. IT HURTS SO SO SO SO MUCH OMGGGG “AHHHHHHHHHHHH!” my reflexes screamed as I hurriedly took my arm away from her, to be met with a satisfied smirk. “OMG. YOU CRAZY MAN. THAT HURT SO MUCH.”

She shrugged and lay back down on the grass. “Be a man and it up, douche.”

I pouted before also laying back down, holding onto my arm which was probably red from her hand marks. “What a crazy girl I live with.”

“You’d better be thankful.”

“For what? For having the smell of jelly babies infesting my nose every morning I wake up? To hear the sound of your booming voice in the shower? Gosh.”

Jung Hye slapped my arm gently. “Omg. Let’s just be peaceful okay.”

And so we were. I tried not to make a sound, even keeping my breathing quiet, but even with hers. I looked at the sky, empty of any natural shine. I could almost imagine myself looking at a full, starry night, one without the city – with Jung Hye.

“Jung Hye.” I started, my voice soft.

She nodded in acknowledgement.

“You’re making dinner tomorrow night.”

She nodded again.

“If it’s not as good as Umma’s cooking, I’m kicking you out of the house.”

She nodded again absentmindedly and I started to doubt if she was even listening.

“Fine then. Don’t listen. Be that way.” I sighed exasperatedly.

From my peripheral vision, I could see her nodding.

So I looked out again to the dark, empty night. Maybe a shooting star would come. Not like I have any wishes to make. And what was I – a girl?!

I started to hear snoring.

You have to be kidding me, I sighed as realisation dawned on me. I turned around to see her side profile – eyes closed, head cocked to her left side, and of course, stereotypical Jung Hye drool off the corner of .

I turned my body around to face her, and without the command of my mind, my fingers reached up to softly touch her cheeks.

What a shame – I wanted to ask her out to prom tonight. Guess I would have to do it later.


A/N: So both of us just came back from the Sydney Kpop Fest around 5 days ago ^^ It was so awesome! All the bands were so awesome haha and the night was really fun and phenomenal!!!!! A staff from the concert organiser agreed to take our gifts to SHINee kyaaaaaaa <3

But anyways LMFAO we were also thinking of starting a writing contest. Kinda like the AFF summer fic writing contest and stuff, except with a little twist. ^^ What do you guys think?

Love you all! Stay smiling and special! <3