Friends

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Jonghyun’s POV

It is in moments like these where I assume that some force of nature must really, really truly hate me because honestly I swear I did nothing to deserve this.

The whole world is upside down and I can just feel the blood rushing to my head and I feel like I’m going to die, no I don’t feel like I am going to die, I AM going to die. Either by dropping 100 feet onto the ground or by some massive blood clot in my brain and oh my gosh WHY?

“Jonghyun? Jonghyun are you alright? You look terrible...” I hear Jung Hye’s voice somewhere to the left of me but it is just a soft buzz against the loud thudding of my heart and I try to open my mouth to reply but nothing comes out.

Instead, my vision begins to blur at the edges and all of a sudden everything has brightened to a dazzling white colour and I feel myself covered in cold sweat.

Then my vision blacks out.


-x-
 

I open my eyes blearily to an unfamiliar room dimly lit by the sunlight which had managed to escape past the drawn blinds. 

My mind begins to focus and I blink my eyes again, hoping to get rid of the weariness I was feeling. Where was I?

I search my mind for any recollections of the day but all I can hear is the soft drone of chatter outside the closed door and smell the strong aroma of freshly brewed coffee in the air. 

But just before I am about to go into massive panic mode (did I get kidnapped?!) the door swings open and in walks a very satisfied looking Key.

My mouth opens in shock. What was this? “Key?!”

“Oh, you’re awake’ he says, stating the obvious.

I frown at his nonchalant manner, “where am I? What happened?”

He gives a sigh, “Poor little Jjong,” he tuts as he pulls out a chair to sit on, “poor, poor little Jjong, what a man you are,” he repeats, shaking his head in mock sympathy. 

My frown deepens, what was he talking about? “Keeey! Where am I?!”

He stops shaking his head and looks up with a grin, “You really don’t remember?”

I shake my head.

“Hmm, perhaps that is for the best.” 

Stupid Key and his mysterious words! He knows I hate not knowing things! “No I want to know! Tell me!”

“You sure? You can’t say I didn’t warn you!”

Seeing my frantic nodding, Key begins, “Well, Lotte World?”

This sounds familiar…

“Roller coaster?” 

Oh crap, oh CRAP. Memories from earlier today suddenly flood my mind and I cringe in embarrassment.

“Roller coaster stopping? Jung Hye is with you? You scream like a girl?” Key continues on, biting his lips to hold back laughter.

I cover my face with my hands, “Oh my gosh.”

Completely ignoring the embarrassment I was practically drowning in, Key plunges on, “Then the roller coaster stopped, you unleashed some more girly screams—“

“NOOO I REMEMBER, I REMEMBER YOU CAN STOP NOW!!!” I sink down and bury my head into the pillow.

“—probably burst a couple of eardrums—“

“Oh my gosh Key please I understand, I remember, I remember the ill fated memories of this morning, my brain is now splattered with images of being hung upside down and my near death experience--”

“—then you fainted.”

I let out another groan. “Go away!”

But of course Key being Key, ignores my words and instead starts patting my back, “There, there, it’s okay, she was going to find out what a girl you were soon enough.”

“Oh my gosh.” I mutter, turning my back to him, “You .”

There’s a pause of silence before I turn back to face him again, “Wait, why are you here? I came with Jung Hye! Where is she? Oh my gosh did she go home in embarrassment?”

Key rolls his eyes, “And they call me the drama queen? I was here, having fun with a wonderful cute friend of mine who is totally sweet and then out of nowhere I hear this high-pitched scream that could belong to no one other than you, so I go to the roller coaster and when I get there I see a confused Jung Hye and a dead to the world Jonghyun.”

I feel the colour draining from my face as I imagine the scene in my mind.

“Oh and by the way, you were hanging of her shoulder, she’s really strong you know, to be able to support you,” Key chuckles.

 I momentarily consider throwing my shoe at him, “I hate you.”

Key lets out one of his trademark laughs, “I love you too~ You know, you should thank me, Jung Hye and one of the managers here wanted to call an ambulance! But I told them that you often faint cause you’re kind of weak and that you would wake up in no time.”

I shoot him a glare, “Where is Jung Hye?”

A look hesitation flashes across Key’s face but it is quickly replaced by another grin, “Oh, she’s still here...just hanging around with my friend...not everyone is as nice as me you know, waiting for the sick to get better~” he says as he waves one hand around.

I narrow my eyes in suspicion, “What friend?”

“Ha ha! The friend I was with!”

“Who is...”

Key averts his gaze from mine, “Taemin...”

“What.”

“It’s fine! They need to rebuild their friendship! Taemin is such a sweetie!”

“What.”

“It’s okay, they are just having fun on some of the rides! I just wanted to cheer him up, you know? He is a good friend!”

“Words cannot express my sadness right now.”

“Oh come on Jonghyun, do you really think whether or not you are afraid of roller coasters will change Jung Hye’s mind about liking you? What are you? Some clingy pubescent thirteen year old? Stop being so insecure!”

“Really? You really think Jung Hye would still like me?”

Key gives an exaggerated sigh, “You are such an idiot Jjong, let’s go get some lunch and then we will find them alright?”

Jung Hye’s POV

I felt slightly bad about leaving Jonghyun, because after all, it was me who had dragged him onto the roller coaster, but Key had insisted that it was a normal occurrence and that Taemin and I should go and fulfil our thrill seeking needs.

Unfortunately, Taemin seems to be avoiding all contact with me and instead he’s walking a few metres in front of me and has yet to speak to me.

“Taemin, about yesterday...” I begin tentatively, struggling to keep up with Taemin’s fast pace.

He suddenly stops and turns to face me with a wide smile on his face “It’s okay, I understand Jung Hye, please don’t mention the prom anymore!” he says, “Let’s just have fun!”

I give him a small smile, unconvinced of his words,” But I’m really sorry...“

“No, no, no!” Taemin shakes his head, “Promise me you won’t mention it! Pretend it never happened.”

“Um,” I look up to see sincere eyes staring back into mine.

I open my mouth to speak, “I—“

“Please?” he asks, chewing on his lower lip.

Perhaps some things are better left unsaid, I think as I close my mouth and nod, “Okay, I promise.”

Taemin immediately beams and links his arms with mine, “Great! We must try out every single roller coaster here!” he says and starts tugging me in the direction of the nearest ride.  

So that was exactly what we did for the next two hours; laughing as we wander around the amusement park, chatting as we line up for the rides and screaming loudly on the various rides.  


A/N: Thank you for taking your time ^^

Thank you for all comments and subscribers :D I can't believe it's still been over a year, and we still haven't finished this, haha... >__> Thankfully, we're both still into SHINee so we won't be like those disappearing authors who leave stories unfinished ;D

Have you guys seen SHINee in the Japan Arena Tour? My gosh, all their solos! ;AAAAA;

Hmmm... and when will Jung Hye and Jonghyun finally have a normal date?! Haha...