Together

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Taemin's POV

Boring boring boring. Why is class so boring? I wish I had someone fun in class. I stare hopefully at Minho, who was seated beside me, but his eyebrows were furrowed in deep concentration at the monotone words coming from the tedious looking teacher. Minho was no fun in classes at all.

 I lean on my arms as I thought about earlier this morning where Jung Hye and I had drawn cartoon pictures of everyone, oh gosh it was hilarious! I laughed so hard at Jung Hye's picture of Jonghyun as a gorilla.

"Hello??" The sudden bubbly sound of Jae Ri's voice from the rooms' speakers snapped me out of my dazed state, “Sorry for the interruption, but we would like to announce this year’s prom dance theme!" 

Ooooh, a collective murmur of excitement runs through the class as I listen attentively to the voice. 

"We received hundreds of suggestions, but finally we have come to the decision that this year’s theme will be....Fluorescent Adolescents!"

I widened my eyes as instantly, more chatter emerged throughout the class.

Fluorescent… Adolescents… could it be-

“Thanks to Lee Taemin for the suggestion,” Jae Ri’s voice kept sounding through the speakers, “so congratulations for winning the double pass to the prom!”

Laughter erupted in the class at the lameness of her joke as all eyes turned to me.

“Taemin-sshi good luck arranging a date or I’m going to take your pass! Hohoho!” was Jae Ri’s final PA message as other school announcements continued.

Oh my goodness.

I won.

Taking somebody – a date?

I know who I’m going to ask.

Jung Hye POV

Somehow – in the space of a day, all because of my curious and quick assuming mother, I was, again, walking side by side with Jonghyun to class.

And he was laughing.

Somehow, I was also laughing along with him.

“I can’t believe you- HAHAHA THE BEST PART WAS WHEN, she thought we were-“

“STOP! Don’t mention it,” I grumbled. Jonghyun was probably never going to let me live it down.

“And you were like, Mummy, what urges? Your poor little cute baby Jung Hye here is-

“AJHESHKSDFDKL OKAY JONGHYUN VERY VERY FUNNY! JUST CAUSE I DO NOT HAVE A CORRUPTED MIND!”

“­-even though I said I was dating with this awesome and handsome and tall man called Jonghyun-

“I NEVER EVEN SAID THAT!”

“-Oh Jonghyun is absolutely wonderful! So charismatic!” Jonghyun squeaked, in an attempt to imitate me.

“JONGHYUN I AM GOING TO STRANGLE YOU RIGHT THIS SECOND!” I stomped my foot in mock anger and he laughed even louder in response. He spun around the pole (WTF?!) and laughed even more.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU. YOU AND YOUR MOTHER OMG. I CAN’T EVEN- PUA- PUAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

I couldn’t believe it. Just only yesterday Jonghyun was still avoiding me like the plague but – my mum! Was my mum really that funny? Him – laughing at me – why – just –

“Kim Jonghyun… what the hell are you doing?!” I lowered the tone of my voice, hoping that I was sounding more serious.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN? I’M LAUGHING BECAUSE YOU’RE SO CLUELESS AND WEIRD!!! Wait… don’t tell me you’re going to have a fit on me just because I laughed?” He raised his eyebrow at the end.

“No! I don’t! Just that-“

“I’m sorry, okay? I’m joking… geez Jung Hye chill up!”

“NO! I mean this. This! Why the hell are you standing next to me?”

He stopped in his tracks.

Uh oh.

Did I say something wrong? Was he going to – no, just when we finally started to talk again!

“What?! I’m not standing next to you. I’m standing in front of you.” He replied pettily.

“No, no, just – DUDE. YOU.”

He smirked. “Me? Are you going to go on another rant about my handsomeness? Tehe.”

Horrible flashbacks of last night which involved my mum asking tonnes of questions regarding the ‘relationship’ between Jonghyun and  I, which involved me kicking him under the table incessantly to help me keep the act up flooded my mind.

I could not believe I could ever spurt such lame and cheesy lines from my mouth. “NONONO! Just that. For the past few weeks, you-“ I pointed and poked his chest, sending him moving backwards a little (in which I felt like a boss) “- have been ignoring me as if I had rabies and now you’re laughing – being my friend, as if- oh, I don’t know!!! So why did you ignore me in the first place to suddenly act like you’re my friend?!”

“And…?”

STUPID DINO GORILLA JJONG!

“Well …! You just don’t do that, okay! You don’t decide when and where to be my friend. I’m a really fussy person, you know! You’ve done this before – so I’m not letting you do it again.”

“Umm… what nonsense are you talking about?”

NONSENSE? WHAT NONSENSE? Why did he call what I said nonsense! I was being quite serious! “Okay then. Sorry Jonghyun. I must have been talking about things that didn’t matter.”

Jonghyun POV

Jung Hye started marching off.

I watched her as thoughts ran through my head. It wasn’t that I didn’t understand what she was talking about, but, she was right. I started ignoring her, why? Oh, because I thought it was bad to keep on talking to her. Why did I think it was bad? I don’t know, but when I talked to her, when I came close to her, I…

She was stomping off, away from me further by each step they took.

Hmph, if she thinks I’m being unfair by suddenly being her friend, then why is she suddenly defriending me?!

What a hypocrite!

I ran towards her, and grabbed her by the arm.

“Let go-!” She struggled for a bit before I span her around to face me.

“Wait, no-“ I said, as I felt her superman strength start to fall away from my grip. With no other choice, I grabbed her other hand and pulled her into a tight hug.

Jung Hye POV

I stopped breathing.

For a second, I stopped breathing. It was as if the world stopped spinning, but my body went on fire as my blood flow significantly sped up. My heart was pounding in my ears, along with Jonghyun’s voice: “You don’t get it.”, and the rise and fall of his chest against my head as he talks.

“…what?” I mumbled back in a weak reply and it was then that I started breathing.

He smelt like home.

Home as in; the cereal he eats in the morning with the full cream high calcium milk he drinks it with, the shaving cream, the keyboard that smells like factory, my jelly babies, the mint gum he chews.

“I’m sorry. I just- I don’t know. I don’t get it either.”

“What is ‘it’?”

“I don’t know. Nothing. Sorry, I do decide if I want to be your friend or not. I guess I shouldn’t keep on doing that.”

“About time.”

“So… Park Jung Hye, can I be your friend?”

I breathed in the scent and smiled, “Who knew you were such a squishy marshmallow deep inside?”


 

A/N

So this is the end of our anniversary triple update! Honestly I can't believe a year has already passed so fast. To be honest I doubt that there's people who have been reading this since day 1 ... but to anyone and everyone who have read, we are both truly grateful!

Thank you guys for this 365-days-and-going journey! <3