Dinner?

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

Jung Hye POV

Yay! 2PM’s comeback is soon! Wooooo!

And then my phone rang. I checked the caller ID, it was Taemin.

“Hello?” I asked in the phone. “Taemin?”

“Ahhh! Jung Hye! Sorry, are you free? Right now?”

No, I’m locked in my own room. “Oh, why?”

“I’m sorry! I’m really sorry! But I’m actually free today to do the assignment! “

“What?!”

“Are you free?”

I looked uncomfortably around my surroundings.

“I’m at your front door.”

“Wait, WHAT?!” My front door?! How’d he get my address? I never told him! Creepy!

“Um, he...he...he... my uncle’s the principal of the school so...

I groaned.

“Oh, um!! I’m sorry if you’re not free! It’s my fault for randomly coming here! I’m sorry!

“Wait no! I’m free on time... so we could work on it!” I hurriedly replied. Taemin sounded so cute over the phone so I couldn’t just leave him! What if he got kidnapped? ? MURDERED? There were dangerous people these days and Taemin is just the perfect bait!

“Really? YAY!

I ran over to my window and poked my head out. I called out, “Taemin!” and he quickly turned his head over to me, shocked and scared. Yeah, his frightened innocent look was perfect bait for evil people out there.

“Ah! Jung Hye! You scared me... a...haha..ha..!”

“Sorry! Can you open my door for me?” I threw him the front door keys. He caught it but he looked back at me, and the keys.

“Huh?”

“I’m locked in my own room and I can’t get out, sorry!”

Confused, he nodded and disappeared from my view.

Taemin POV

Jung Hye must be a very clumsy person if she had gotten herself locked into her own room! How is that even possible anyways?

Oh well, I’m glad she is free to study today or else I would’ve come so far for nothing! Now, how do I unlock this room?

I slid the key in and triumphantly opened the door-

And then I was attacked, “YAY TAEMIN!! YOU HAVE COME TO SAVE ME! I AM FREED! FREED!!”  Jung Hye yelled as she jumped up and down bringing me with her since she had her arms around me.

I stood there in shock, who knew Jung Hye was the hugging type?

Jung Hye abruptly stopped, “Oh. Oops, sorry if I startled you.” She said, looking embarrassed as if she suddenly realised what she had been doing.

I smiled back at her, “Its okay! I don’t mind!”

“Gnaww! YOU ARE SO CUTE!!”

I pouted, “But I don’t want to be cute!!”

“GNAWW YOU’RE EVEN CUTER WHEN YOU POUT!”

I glared at her.

“AND EVEN CUTER!!”

I kept on glaring at her.

“Oh right!! Fine! I won’t call you cute anymore, come on lets go out and do some work!”

“But why can’t we stay here?”

She looked hesitant for a second, before she grabbed my arm and pulled me out, “Nah, this house !”

Really?  I actually think its quite nice, but oh well. Whatever floats her boat can float mine too.

Jung Hye cast me a confused look. “Huh? What did you say about floating boats?”

Ooops! Did I say that aloud? “Eh? Floating boats? No, nothing!”

She looked at me blankly for a moment before breaking out into a huge smile. “Awwwww! The look on your face is so cute!”

I grumbled. “Are we going to the library?”

“Oh... right. Yeah, the library. Let’s go. And ace this bloody 15 page report!”

“About defenestration.”

“Yeah, about defenestration.”

Then there was a short silence, which was expected, because like, we just met right? So of course there wasn’t anything to talk about.
 
Suddenly, Jung Hye pulled my arm. “Look Taemin! Look!” She was pointing to her right, which was a toy store.

Oooh! Toys! I love toys! “ TOYS!! What about them??”

She pulled my arm again and started walking over to the window display of the store, pointing at something. “Look! It’s a floating boat! Ahahaha!!!”

Her finger was on a small wooden model of a sailboat with an extremely simple childish design.

 “Hahaha! It looks like a smurf!” I laughed. The sails were white but everything else was blue! The smurf shade of blue!

“What’s a smurf?” she asked.

I stared at her in amazement, “How can you not know what a smurf is! Didn’t you ever see them when you were small?”

“Pfft, I spent a good part of my childhood with Pokemon!”

“YES! I LOVED POKEMON TOO! PIKACHU!!”

“YOU LOOK LIKE PIKACHU!!”

“NO!”

“YES!”

The sailboat she stumbled upon was a huge icebreaker and all of a sudden the silence was broken.

Jonghyun POV

Right, so if I was a girl named Park Jung Hye, what kind of food would I like?

Hmm. Is she a health freak?

Nah, probably not judging by the amount of junk food she has.

A vegetarian??

Nah, probably not judging by the way she stares at chicken ads on television.

So, if I was Jung Hye, what kind of food WOULD I like?

Should I just buy her some fast food?

No, that’s bad, she’ll probably call me a cheapo and hate me more. Which is something I cannot afford since I, you know, locked her in her own room.

I will be a thoughtful person and buy her something nice and thoughtful, then she has to forgive me!

OH I KNOW SHALL I COOK IT MYSELF??

Yes.

Excellent idea Jonghyun! You are so smart!

So I buy all the ingredients needed to make dinner and quickly hurry home incase Jung Hye had decided to go and break down the door, and then destroy all my things, and then make me humiliated somehow, and then set up some trap for me to fall into so she could then laugh at me.

But by the time I have arrived home, the house is strangely silent and dark. Too silent and dark.

Okay, this is slightly creepy.

What if Jung Hye is hiding somewhere, ready to pounce on me and then make me beg for mercy?

Scary and crazy, but judging by the obscenities she was screaming at me earlier on, it seemed like something she just might do.

“Jung Hye?? I’m sorry…”

Silence.

I quickly flick on the lights, eyes darting around for any sudden movements.

Nothing.

Okay, maybe Jung Hye had gone out, which is good because then I can make her dinner! And when she comes home, it’s like BAM I have a nice dinner all set out, and she would be like OH JONGHYUN YOU ARE TOO NICE! I FORGIVE YOU!!

Yes. That will definitely happen.

Smiling to myself, I started to hum the theme song of the Simpsons. You’d better be thankful Jung Hye, because this will be your best dinner, and hopefully the only one that you will ever get from me.

Jung Hye POV

“Jung Hyeee~~~ how many pages do we have?”

“Eh?” I looked towards the page count. “3. Lets get to five pages.”

“Whyyyyyy~~? It’s 7pm already! Let’s go!” Taemin whined, poking me at the shoulder.

“No! Let’s get to five pages! Then we can go!” I complained back, ignoring his pokes, but he only poked more.

“Noooooo~ I’m hungryyy~!!”

I frowned at him. “I didn’t know you were this whiny! Don’t be such a kid, Taemin.”

He pouted. “I’m not a kid! I’m not usually this whiny!!!!!”

I raised an eyebrow... not usually this whiny? Really? “Sureeeeee.”

“Awwww I’m hungry! It’s 7pm! Let’s go eatt~~!!” Taemin nagged, grabbing my arm and trying to drag me to stand up.

“But it’s only 7pm!”

“What do you mean only! It’s ALREADY 7pm!”

“ALREADY? When do you eat dinner?”

Taemin loosened his grip. “6pm.”

6?? You have to be kidding me! “NO WONDER WHY YOU’RE SO SKINNY! You know what, let’s go to McDonalds at 9, you really need that Big Mac.”

He returned a look of horror.

I shrugged and turned back to the computer.

“Noooooooo~~~! Let’s go eat nowwwww!!!!!”

I shrugged again. “I thought we already decided on Maccas.”

“Awwww noona! Don’t be slack!”

“Am I your noona?”

“Err, I don’t know, probably because I’m like, usually the youngest. Anyways I want to eat! Let’s eat! Let’s eat! We can finish the report later, I mean, today’s only the first day of school, come on we have PLENTY of timeee!”

I tried to hide my giggle because Taemin was just so adorably cute when he whines, and it’s even cuter when I !

Noona neomu yeppeo~

I broke into loud laughter, is that his pick-up line when he tries to get girls? BREAK INTO SONG? Hahaha!

Michyeo~

Then Taemin started to dance in small motions to it.

Replay, Replay, Replay~~” He flashed a proud bright smile. “I can go eat now right? For my effort? PLEASE?!”

“You score a five for your effort,” I said, still laughing.

His face dropped down. “ONLY a five?!”

“Out of five.”

“YAY! Where are we eating?!”

I shrugged and saved my work. “I don’t know, I thought you were going home for dinner.”

“No! I want to eat out for dinner! With you!”

With me?! “Why with me?”

“I don’t want to go back home,” Taemin said and his eyes looked down. “My situation at home isn’t good right now.”

Not good?! Poor guy, never thought Taemin would have gone through something bad! What if he had no parents? And he only had an older brother who could only support the two of them and they lived in a barn like 4 hours away or maybe his family’s alcoholic and-

“Because my parents are out for some vacation thing, and my bro is out partying, he ALWAYS parties on a Monday, I mean, why always party on a Monday? Why not a FRIDAY! And because I can’t cook and there’s nothing in my fridge except chocolate milk! So pleaseeee PLEASEEE PLEASE COME TO DINNER WITH ME!! I WILL EVEN TREAT YOU!!” Taemin begged as he gave me those puppy dog eyes.

No. They were not going to work on me. No. Must. Do. Work. Defenestration- OH STUPID TAEMIN HE LOOKS SO FREAKEN ADORABLE. “FINE!! I’ll go with you! STUPID PUPPY DOG EYES!”

He grinned, “Come on come on!” He said as he grabbed onto my arm and begun dragging me out.

Jonghyuns POV

Yes! Done! I checked the time as I began setting up the table, 7:15pm. Perfect timing for dinner!

I guess doing all  the cooking when I was young actually has its advantages after all.  And, the food actually turned out better than expected.

Teehee Jonghyun, you are too cool!

Now, when will Jung Hye be back?

Where did she go anyways? How did she even get out of the room? I checked the door and nothing seemed to be broken, so she must’ve somehow managed to open the door.

Which was impossible, because it could only be open from outside. And she was inside.

Which meant someone must’ve opened it for her.

OH MY GOSH WHAT IF SHE WAS KIDNAPPED. OH MY GOSH DO I NEED TO CALL THE POLICE! WHAT TO DO! SHE MIGHT BE-

No. This is Jung Hye. She will probably hurt the kidnapper instead.

Which means, someone she knew must’ve let her out…

So she was with that person.

And it couldn’t be Yoo Mi.

Did she even have any other friends?

WHY DO I CARE ANYWAYS?!

I checked the time again- 7.45pm.

I look at the food longingly, I wish I could eat some, but no, I must wait, as this is my apology to her.

But what if she already ate dinner? Then I would look so lame.

I sighed.

Maybe this was her idea of a revenge?

Should I call her? I had her number after all… Actually, speaking of the number, how come she wasn’t out when I came back? Didn’t I text her? Didn’t she reply? I’m sure she did! So why wasn’t she gone?

She wasn’t even dressed or anything!

Stupid Jung Hye, if only she left the house as I asked, then none of this would’ve happened!

And why wasn’t she back yet?


A/N: WE ARE SO SORRY!!! I AM SO SORRY!! (this is deestar btw) I HAD A MIND BLANK AND COULDN'T WRITE ANYTHING AFTER CAMP.

SORRY!! FOR LATE UPDATE!!!

=(

BUT WE MADE IT EXTRA LONG TO MAKE UP FOR IT!! =D

Unfortunately, school's starting soon for us, so we probably can't update as often as we used to.. =\

BUT WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO UPDATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!

Once again SORRY!! D:

and we hoped you enjoyed this chapter! ;P

P.S To people who comment on every single chapter, WE LOVE YOU <3 we love every single one of you who read our story!!!