What Really Happened

There's a Boy Under My Roof!

 

Flashback

“Yah, Key, where are you?” Jonghyun demanded into the phone angrily. I winced as I heard his loud, worrying voice.

“What? I’m in the toilet, why?” I replied, quietly. I looked around my surroundings. Trees, and I’m leaning against a wall. In the toilet? Who am I kidding?

I skid my eyes towards them. There they were, bunched up in their group. They didn’t notice me on the phone – not yet.

 “...which toilet?” Jonghyun asked.

Idiot.

“Oh come on Jonghyun,I can’t believe that girls like you!” I sighed. What kind of question was that, seriously? “ You’re too gross-“

They turned around.

Sorry Jonghyun, I thought as I clicked the end call button.

“Hey, you stay still,” one snarled. “Why were you on the phone?”

“I wasn’t.” I replied bitterly.

“With her boyfriend I bet! Monkey Jonghyun!” Someone else laughed. I shot them a glare; they laughed more.

I felt my phone vibrate beneath my fingers. A call was coming. Jonghyun again.

 “Yeah?” I whispered against the phone. “Look Jonghyun, I’m-“

My baby was grabbed from my hands and into theirs, as they threw it against the fence. I looked in horror as I saw my phone break apart.

“Yah, what are you doing to-“ I started, but was immediately interrupted.

“WOAHHH MAN IT SHOULD’VE WENT OVER THE FENCE!”

“HAHAHAHAHA!”

One of them whipped their attention over to me. Surprised, I backed against the wall. He smirked and walked closer to me. I knew what that meant, and I knew it would be hard to escape.

“Sorry, maybe you have to buy a new phone,” he grimaced. “my fault.”

I shut my eyes, and I knew what was coming.

A kick, down to the ground.

 “Yah, you guys don’t learn do you?” I coughed, until I could taste blood when I was kicked even more.

I opened my eyes a tiny slit.

And there Jonghyun was.

“More like you don’t listen, you damn sissy,” snarled Baldy, as he spat down on my face. “Stop pissing me-URGHHHH!” The bully was thrown back with a punch in the face. He lost his footing and fell down, facing a Kim Jonghyun with gritted teeth.

“Who the hell are you?” Voices erupted from the side as they all turned at Jonghyun’s outburst.

Jonghyun ignored them, and he turned his eyes to me. Idiot, you think I wouldn’t know what crap you’re going through? His eyes read.

I chuckled. “I would’ve never guessed,” I replied.

He ran over to me. “Let’s go-OOOH!”

Baldy smiled triumphantly from his kick to Jonghyun. “What are you doing? She’s ours.”

Laughter erupted from his group behind him.

Anger coursed through every vein of Jonghyun’s body as he stood up to face eye-to-eye with Baldy (even though in reality he had to look up to him). “What did you do to Key?”

“You mean Mrs Key? She deserves a lesson to be learnt doesn’t she? The school is mine, and we don’t accept gays here. Never.”

I could see how much Jonghyun wanted to burst.

“NO JONGHYUN DON’T-“ I began to yell as in my peripheral vision I spotted a teacher walking towards us. But it was too late, he had already bunched his strength into a fist and punched Baldy, square in the face.

‘HEY YOU!” The teacher had called as he hurried to Baldy’s side. Seeing the situation, Baldy had decided to take full advantage of his luck and play the innocent side, “Mister! He punched me for no reason, owww, my nose, oh my freaken gosh it’s bleeding, I think it’s broken mister! I can’t even breathe properly oh my- Jonghyun, why did you punch me for? I’m sorry for walking into you!!”

“YOU FREAKEN-“ Jonghyun snarled as he launched himself at Baldy again.

“HEY! GET OFF HIM, WHAT’S YOUR NAME KID? COME TO PRINCIPALS OFFICE! ALL OF YOU!” The teacher had screamed as he tried to restrain Jonghyun from Baldy, who was now sneering at him in triumph.

“NO MISTER, YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND HE WAS THE ONE WHO WAS KICKING AND PUNCHING US! HE-“ Jonghuyn argued, but was quickly interrupted by the teacher, “Don’t tell me, tell that to the principal!”

Of course, at the principal’s office, Baldy had all his friends to back him up, while there was just Jonghyun and I. Obviously, even the teacher was on Baldy’s side as he had seen Jonghyun punch Baldy and therefore reasoned that Jonghyun must have been the violent one.

Jonghyun would have just gotten suspended from school for a week, but instead he had refused to apologise to the Baldy, sworn at the teacher and insisted on leaving such a ‘freaken crap school with stupid blind teachers’.

And so Jonghyun was expelled, while Baldy and his friends got off with scot free. I was given detention for attempting to argue with the principal about Jonghyun, because really he had done nothing wrong, except try to help me.

When his dad had found out, they had a huge fight which resulted in them not speaking to each other and Jonghyun moving out, and you don’t know how terrible I feel, Jung Hye, because all this was because of me, which is why I moved to this school too.

So Jung Hye, can you please help me get rid of these stupid rumours once and for all? Please?

Jung Hye POV

“I’m so sorry,” Key breathed against my cheek, millimeters away.

I kept my eyes closed because everybody could see them if I opened them.

“No problem.” I whispered back. I adjusted my shoulders to be in a more comfortable position, because pressing myself against a wall was definitely not my thing.

“Ow!” Key whisper-shouted, as I felt my nose bump against his face.

“Sorry!” I apologized, alarmed.

“It’s okay. Let’s break off now,” he instructed and I felt his breath move further away. I slowly opened my eyes, and I saw a smiling Key, who was no longer “kissing” me.

And a whole crowd of the students were gathered up, their eyes drawn to us.

“Haha...” I chuckled. How awkward. When was the last time the whole class’s attention was on me? Oh, never. I was never really the loud type who answers all the teacher’s questions. So this new experience was just awkward.

I could tell from Key’s proud smile that he was probably used to attention.

I skimmed my eyes through the crowd, and they stopped at Yoo Mi, eyes surprised. She caught me looking at her.

And, unexpectedly, she smiled. Which I, you know, totally would not expect after what’s happened.

But she smiled.

And next to her, there was someone who looked oh-so-familiar.

Jonghyun.

Who was also looking back at me with wide eyes (unlike Yoo Mi, he didn’t smile, how rude!), but as soon as we had eye contact, he charged towards me.

Oh no.

Key POV

My eyes widened as I noticed a shocked Jonghyun starting to make big steps towards poor little Jung Hye. Now he would probably shout and cause a scene and the whole class would probably listen into their lover’s quarrel and there will be even more bad rumours and of course nobody wants that to happen–

AHHH HE’S SO CLOSE TO JUNG HYE NOW!

I started to step to force myself to do something, so I grabbed Taemin, Onew, and Minho’s shoulders. “GUYS LET’S DO THE CAN-CAN!”

I was returned with three puzzled looks as I started singing the Can-Can tune.

Jung Hye POV

I watched Key in disbelief as he began dancing and singing the Can- Can. What in the world was he doing!? Seriously, this guy never ceases to amaze me, one minute he’s all serious on getting me to kiss him and the next he’s dancing and singing?

Luckily for him, Taemin, Onew and Minho soon joined in and began dancing with him. Which resulted in all the girls in the class joining in as well which then resulted in everyone else joining in, and so in the short time span of three minutes, Key had somehow managed to get the whole class to dance to the Can-Can. Like no kidding. In fact, I was just about to join when I suddenly felt a presence next to me.

Glaring at me.

‘What were you doing!?” Jonghyun demanded as he paused in front of me, looking angry and upset at the same time.

‘Why do you care?” I answer tersely, what was his problem? Wasn’t he going on about how much he disliked me yesterday?

“I-I- you- you were kissing KEY! Why would you do that?!

I gave an amused smile. It really was ironic wasn’t it? The only reason I had pretended to kiss Key, was to get rid of the rumours that I never even started, yet here was Jonghyun- angry yet again cause of something I did, I guess nothing pleases him. Why should I even bother trying to explain to him? ‘Why not? Key’s cool, why shouldn’t I kiss him?”

Jonghyun looks stunned at my response, I guess he wasn’t expecting that. “But last time you kept on complaining when I accidently kissed you! Why would you just go around kissing strangers?”

‘I really do not see why you care, we aren’t friends, I just happen to be unfortunate enough to live with you. Why don’t you ask Key?” I begin to walk away from him when suddenly I felt him grab onto my wrist. I try to shake him off, but his words stop me from doing so.

“No! Jung Hye, are you still mad about yesterday? I’m sorry for accusing you for spreading the rumours, I was wrong about that! Yoo Mi explained to me that it was her. I am really sorry for not believing you and for the things I said.” Jonghyun’s eyes show a mixture of regret and sorrow as he apologizes.

“No Jonghyun, I’m not mad about that and I’m glad you figured out that I wasn’t lying.” My voice came out sounding a lot harsher than it was meant to, seriously what was wrong with me? It was just a little misunderstanding wasn’t it? Why couldn’t I just forgive him? “Can you let go of my wrist now?”

Jonghyun glances at his hands before hesitantly letting go, “Jung Hye, are you dating Key?” He quietly murmurs as he stares intensely at me. 

-x-

Ahh, apologies for late update again! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and once again thanks for all the comments, readers and subscribers! =)